100m budget for 2019 Summer window

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
So with Lukaku off we are back to under 100m transfer budget (73m net)

Giggs86

100m is fecking chump change nowadays. If they really planned to rebuild our team they needed to add another zero on the right.

Andersonson

100m is fecking chump change nowadays. If they really planned to rebuild our team they needed to add another zero on the right.
Ole is gonna build a new team based on our on youngsters. Takes time. Ole aint going to buy super stars for the sake of it. This build will take time. As it did with Liverpool with Klopp

Member 90887

Ole is gonna build a new team based on our on youngsters. Takes time. Ole aint going to buy super stars for the sake of it. This build will take time. As it did with Liverpool with Klopp
Right, because Klopp didn't throw money at the problem. he bought basically all of his first team, their GK costs 75 mil for god's sake.

Andersonson

Right, because Klopp didn't throw money at the problem. he bought basically all of his first team, their GK costs 75 mil for god's sake.
And we just bought the most expensive CB in the world. It took Klopp many transfer windows to get them going. Ole has had one. Yet it aint going fast enough for you

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
With the sale of Lukaku we were definitely budgeting for 100m. The swap deal came out of nowhere and I believe Ed thinks it's worth going 30m over budget for.

This is depressing because it means we won't be getting Bruno. We desperately need a CM.
If pogba gets injured...
This is looking a lot more likely huh? Only difference is that we might just be bang on the 100m if we make some last minute cheap shit signings tomorrow

Von Mistelroum

Always thought this was likel. Sad to see that it's true but it seems to have got to the point where making money for the owners is our main priority.

Pronewbie

Peep
Most top players aren't excited to play in gloomy, rainy Manchester. It's the same thing as when Fergie was manager. We've never excelled in this area. Couple the fact that we are not what we used to be in the domestic game and I'd say we've done relatively well this transfer window. I think we are wise to prioritise players used to such climes and where we have the emotional clout.

Our club is in a football mess and it will take time for us to setup the right structure for success.

Realistically, 2 years is what we'll need to shift out all the deadwood and get the right players (youth and senior) gelling together to be able to start challenging again.

I'd give Solskjaer 1 full season and do a stock take on our progress from thereon - as long as he doesn't do a Moyes. We should be in the mix for 4th by the end of the season. Anything else would be a failure.

NoLogo

Don't think we had this budget, we already spent over 100M and it's clear we tried to get at least one more midfielder in but somehow were unable to, either because other teams asking insane fees or the players weren't interest. It's frustrating but I don't think it's down to our budget constraints.

Red Rash

Don't think we had this budget, we already spent over 100M and it's clear we tried to get at least one more midfielder in but somehow were unable to, either because other teams asking insane fees or the players weren't interest. It's frustrating but I don't think it's down to our budget constraints.
I think there are definitely players who would want to join and not break the bank like Tielemans or Partey.

There really is no excuse for not strengthening the midfield after losing Fellaini and Herrera

Who do we have now that is really a CM? Pogba, McTominay and a declining Matic. If any of them get injured we are down to Fred and the academy.

I definitely believe in Gomes and Garner could be good in the future but we shouldn't be reliant on them. I feel we will see times this season when injuries strike and we end up playing a lot of players out of position in the CM area

Oldyella

I think the season hinges on a miracle. Midfield is weak as feck and attack is a massive gamble.
If one of the kids coming through really takes off and becomes a genuine star that might be it but that's a big if.

I'm still more frustrated that we have still seen none of the deadwood leave yet. The squad feels bloated yet also low in overall quality, not a good sign.

Swearing Budgie

And Spurs will have Kane and Dybala up front. Terrifying. That could turn out to be a proper strike partnership.

Patrick08

It's clear who's bidding Ed Woodward is doing and why they are refusing to change the structure .

fps

Ole needs to carefully control the team environment. He needs the right characters in, and to test out the dynamic of the group. 6 or 7 new faces doesn't do that, and would have the potential to create more chaos in a very divided and fragmented squad.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Believe me, if we manage to finish top four with this level of net spend (after Lukaku sale) and maybe more sales to come, the Glazers will personally march Woody around the Old Trafford pitch atop their shoulders.

Patrick08

Ole needs to carefully control the team environment. He needs the right characters in, and to test out the dynamic of the group. 6 or 7 new faces doesn't do that, and would have the potential to create more chaos in a very divided and fragmented squad.
What about quality? I am quiet sure Young Matic Mata have characters in them.

Dozer

Logically there is no rush for Lukaku's transfer to go through today as the Italian window doesn't close for another 10 days, unless we need the funds to make signings of our own. Of course Ed does not live in a logical world so I won't hold my breath.

Bruno and Mandzukic would have me reaching for the happy tissues, but I suspect I'll need sad tissues instead.

fps

What about quality? I am quiet sure Young Matic Mata have characters in them.
Yes those three are certainly part of setting a professional tone for the younger players. The latter two still have a big part to offer as squad players in the coming season too, though you would then expect to see them moved out for new players next summer.

Patrick08

Yes those three are certainly part of setting a professional tone for the younger players. The latter two still have a big part to offer as squad players in the coming season too, though you would then expect to see them moved out for new players next summer.
We might not achive our goals this season to be in that position. Ole is an inexperienced manager and becoming a yes Man to Woodward and glazers penny pinching.

If we don't achive Ucl again, we will not get our targets next season too. The club is being Run totally with Buisness perspectives and not footballing ones.

romufc

This is right, we only actually went in for Maguire after we realised that Lukaku will be gone.

I don't know why fans are so shocked with this £100m budget. That was the budget last year and spend £75m ish same as this year after sale of Lukaku.

Le Red

Footballing reasons, obviously. Do I even need to break that down for you or are you being deliberately myopic.
So you agree that when the football side of things is ok players don't give a feck about the weather?
The last of MUFC's problems is the city it's located in and I'm tired of seeing this nonsense being thrown around as a fact.

JoaquinJoaquin

Will be the same next Summer when we sell Pogba. That money will be the moeny we will use. Bigger problem is De Gea might walk away for free.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
This is right, we only actually went in for Maguire after we realised that Lukaku will be gone.

I don't know why fans are so shocked with this £100m budget. That was the budget last year and spend £75m ish same as this year after sale of Lukaku.
we might be able to lower that further by selling Rojo as well.

romufc

Most top players aren't excited to play in gloomy, rainy Manchester. It's the same thing as when Fergie was manager
This is yet another excuse from fans to dress up the lack of ambition by Utd.

We have had the best players, now City have the best players, the weather in Liverpool isnt much better but players still want to go there.

These comments are baseless.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
@ivaldo getting my knives out mate. Be ready :)

Looks like all the bid which you claimed we did has been total BS.

DamoK

Looks like this turned out to be true, sky sports basically confirmed there that we are only after mandzukic and that's it. Absolutely disgrave that we won't re invest the Lukaku money for a midfielder but hey Woodward keeps the Glazers happy again. We are never going to catch up with the big teams.

norm87cro

I bet half of you lot that are complaining about not replacing Lukaku are the same that bashed him. The fact remains that he is a very good player who scored a lot of goals for us since he signed who just doesn't fit in Ole's system. The fact that we didn't sign a proper CF BEFORE selling Lukaku tells you a lot about the club's "ambitions" and I just don't see why we didn't go for a Icardi swap plus cash deal at least