100m budget for 2019 Summer window

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Most likely bs, but it wouldn't shock me either. People are forgetting how little we spent last summer it seems and that was under a very demanding manager.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Alderweireld - 25m
Rabiot - 0m
James - 15m
Wan-Bissaka - 60m

Easy.
That’s still a shit window. I don’t believe the tweet for a second though, I think we have money to spend. Why we don’t seem to be doing so is anyone’s guess, mind.

Johan07

Such fecking nonsense. Does anyone still believe that there is such a thing as a "transfer budget"?
Who we will buy this summer will be all down to managing our wage budget. Can we keep that in check we would have no problem investing 500m in players below the age of say 27.
But you cant buy players for 500m expecting not to increase our too inflated wage budget to begin with.
This is backwards thinking if anything. If we get rid of Sanchez and dont renew De Gea, thats 300m worth of players just there because the wages they are/will be on.
There is no such thing as a transfer fee budget.

Von Mistelroum

Seems about right I think. We don't usually spend much more without sales and it's clear that we'll be relying on the same old heads next season for the most part.

lsd

The Oracle
If it was true, why would we put it in the press.

It's not like clubs will suddenly think, oooh they only have 100m, ok we'll knock 20-30m off.

This a hundred million times

Greck

Negotiating ploy. We spent 70m last year and that was during a lockout with the manager and Woodward

Gandalf

Could be more of a guideline for net spend. We have a few players we are looking to ship so even before Lukaku and Pogba there may have been a view that we would bring in say 30m for Bailly, 8m for Darmian etc. and we can probably count in the fee from Fellaini leaving too. That could quickly get you to 150m+ to spend without selling any of our bigger stars.

LJJT

It’s utter crap. We would never tell any one what our budget is, it makes no sense what so ever. Ole won’t know it cos he has no idea/control over price of targets. We won’t even have a budget I doubt, if the right player is available and we can get him I’m sure Woodward will do it. All this negativity around transfers is crazy. Judge the window when it’s shut. Call the directors what you like but they are obviously all astute business people, we will get some things right/some wrong. Think everyone needs to get with reality

Reactions: Sultan

C'est Moi Cantona

We've only really had one window ever that was well over £100 million (net spend), so it wouldn't surprise me at all, in fact I'd be shocked if it was close to that if we manage to shift a few players.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Seems about right to me. Predicted £100m summer spend in April.

My guess is we will spend £100m, maybe a bit more.

Can't see us spending the £200m+ people are speculating, unless we ship out either Pogba or De Gea for big money.

Skills

Snitch
It's a good thing no? Most of you have spent the season complaining about how much we overpay for players, how overpaid our players so surely you've got to be happy that the club is pulling in the spending.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
There was hardly any investment during the last 2 transfer windows. If this is true, what are we playing at?

kbbear

Could be a deliberate leak by the club to deter clubs from asking us for silly money. Maybe they have learnt from boasting about "doing things no other club can do".

Hanky panky

Could be a deliberate leak by the club to deter clubs from asking us for silly money. Maybe they have learnt from boasting about "doing things no other club can do".
This was my first thought. And still is.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Enough to get champions league as we already have several players that are not needed that could command a high price.

£100m base + profit from players sold £250m =

Awb £60m
James £15m
Bruno £65m
Maguire/Diop £75m/£50m
Longstaff £20m
Rakitic £40m

De Gea/ Romero
AwB/Dalot - Linderlof/Jones - Diop/Smalling - Shaw/Young
Matic/Fred/Longstaff
Rakitic/Mctominay - Bruno/Pereira/Gomes
Lingard/Mata - Rashy/Greenwood - James/Martial

That t team looks decent based of our rumored interest, but can’t believe we have not been rumored to after a right attacker

Last edited:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
So many certain we'll spend a lot more (net) despite never doing so for more than £150m. Coming off a season where profits are probably down.

I highly doubt there any such thing as a transfer budget purely in terms of purchase price of players. Every transfer is more likely viewed based on the cost over the period of the contract including wages, signing on fees, agent fees etc.

Bale signing on loan for example would be a likely be bigger hit to profits next season than Wan Bissaka, despite one taking £50m of our 'transfer budget' and the other 'zero'.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Maybe United are feeding bullshit to the press to create the perception that we can't afford to be price gouged regarding transfer fees. My two cents on it. I'm certain we have more than $100M to spend.

Red_Orchestra

Guys I think its true, we haven't won anything since 2016-17, we're simply just to broke to afford anyone.
So sell Lukaku, Sanchez, Rojo, Darmian etc, then we'll have a bigger transfer budget. Until then, we'll be looking at players from the championship, nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:

Gandalf

Guys I think its true, we haven't won anything since 2016-17, we're simply just broke to afford anyone.
So sell Lukaku, Sanchez, Rojo, Darmian etc, then we'll have a bigger transfer budget. Until then, we'll be looking at players from the championship, nothing wrong with that.
We certainly are not broke. In terms of net spend we haven't done much for a couple of years but the revenue continues to pour in at a far higher level than for most of our rivals. The issue is that we are run on behalf of the Glazers and they want their profits. Spending on the squad is only sanctioned to the level to keep us around top 6, after that they really don't care.

Green_Red

Alderweireld - 25m
Rabiot - 0m
James - 15m
Wan-Bissaka - 60m

Easy.
0m for Rabiot. Hows that? Do you think Spurs would let Alderweireld go or is that just your wishlist. Rabiot is a player though, whoever gets him is getting a quality player.

Green_Red

Not so clued up I guess @Green_Red ?

Rabiot is available on a free, Toby has a 25m release clause.
No, and Im not even going to pretend to be. Didnt know he was available for free. Seems we're not the only club with a clueless board. How could you let a youngster like that run out a contract. Sign him up Woody.

Edit: just seen, gone to juve, pity, looks very good.

BlueHaze

To people writing it off as bs, what makes you so sure about that? It's the Glazer's after all..

Zed 101

I do not believe that Utd have a set budget or kitty as it were, Ole doesn't hold it and is not sourcing the players, Woodward holds and manages the finances and brokers the deals, Ole will have provided a list of players after then all Woodward, he will do what fits the economic model he has, would be surprised if the Glazers took much part in the process... That said I would be surprised if we made any marque signings unless as part of Pogba/Lukaku deals