100m budget for 2019 Summer window

Denis79

100M net spend sounds about right, we're usually at those numbers.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Exactly, add the outgoing sales to that 100mil especially the likes of Pogba and Lukaku and it starts to balloon pretty fast.
Hope thats not true. Lets say both Lukaku and Pogba stays. We are left with approx.40-50 m for a midfielder and CB.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Hope thats not true. Lets say both Lukaku and Pogba stays. We are left with approx.40-50 m for a midfielder and CB.
I dont think the team will be getting a massive overhaul, I see posts on here like it's FIFA with 10 out and 10 in. For the first team no way, im thinking more a two or three in if Lukaku and Pogba stay.

There will be other players leaving no doubt other than these two, Bailly, Rojo, Darmien, Mata, Matic, Sanchez, Lukaku, Pogba. All have question marks over them for varying reasons.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If it's true then it explains a lot. Dragging our heels last summer, Jose's mood and seemingly wanting out.

In a couple of years, once the hope and expectation wears off, we'll be looking back on our Europa League win under Jose and our second place finish as successful seasons.
If we don't see clear ambition and a modicum of competency this summer, I suspect this will start looking better and better in hindsight.

I don't think this story is accurate, but I definitely worry that we as a club don't have real ambitions nor the competency needed to get back to where we want to be.

Sterling Archer

I dont think the team will be getting a massive overhaul, I see posts on here like it's FIFA with 10 out and 10 in. For the first team no way, im thinking more a two or three in if Lukaku and Pogba stay.

There will be other players leaving no doubt other than these two, Bailly, Rojo, Darmien, Mata, Matic, Sanchez, Lukaku, Pogba. All have question marks over them for varying reasons.
To be fair, people aren't comparing to a video game. They're comparing to the transfers completed by Real Madrid in real life, where they had a bad season and have in fact done a significant overhaul quite promptly.

When your own chief executive boasts about his power in the transfer market, you expect something similar to Madrid not rumors that we aren't spending more than a pittance.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We'll know soon enough but it wouldn't surprise me if it's around a 100M net spend.
That would be a total disaster unless we as if by magic become the best run club in the world in one summer? I like the youth signings and idea there’s some new structure being put in place, but is there though? Even if we still kinda believe we are all working towards being amongst the very best.... But we are still failing on almost all levels. What’s the last great decision we made? Signing we made? Fighting performance we had? we are still completely lost right now as far as I’m concerned. It’ll take some great management to steer us out of this now and i really don’t think the talent is there anymore. Fergie asking for Walsh supposedly? Why are We are always so behind? He was obviously talented in the industry years ago as many unbelievable players were available for feck all cash.... We need to somehow get back on the cutting edge again but I don’t trust ANY of these lads to do it any more. Glazers out! Woodie out!

Denis79

That would be a total disaster unless we as if by magic become the best run club in the world in one summer? I like the youth signings and idea there’s some new structure being put in place, but is there though? Even if we still kinda believe we are all working towards being amongst the very best.... But we are still failing on almost all levels. What’s the last great decision we made? Signing we made? Fighting performance we had? we are still completely lost right now as far as I’m concerned. It’ll take some great management to steer us out of this now and i really don’t think the talent is there anymore. Fergie asking for Walsh supposedly? Why are We are always so behind? He was obviously talented in the industry years ago as many unbelievable players were available for feck all cash.... We need to somehow get back on the cutting edge again but I don’t trust ANY of these lads to do it any more. Glazers out! Woodie out!
When you have owners and a CEO who puts profit before glory and tradition it will eventually rub off further down the line. I personally don't believe the Glazers have ambitions beyond top 4, ofcourse they would want it but not at the cost it would require to take us there, especially seeing how far we have fallen behind the top. It is all about investment vs return with our owners.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
When you have owners and a CEO who puts profit before glory and tradition it will eventually rub off further down the line. I personally don't believe the Glazers have ambitions beyond top 4, ofcourse they would want it but not at the cost it would require to take us there, especially seeing how far we have fallen behind the top. It is all about investment vs return with our owners.
Well then fans should be protesting!
When 7/8 players between West Ham, Watford Leicester and Everton would walk straight into our team above our first 11... yuck!

Denis79

When 7/8 players between West Ham, Watford Leicester and Everton would walk straight into our team above our first 11... yuck!
The size of the fanbase makes that hard, even if a lot of fans protest in different ways they would still fill the stadium, sell shirts and attract sponsors. The brand is so huge and established that it would take a proper catastrophy for changes to be made.

minh_loc_xoay

The Glazers and Woodward will just stay in their office laughing it off. You will see Top Reds forming lines around their office to protect them from the "glory-hunter" protestors. We have seen this far too many times even on Redcafe.

Scholsey2004

Not a problem of itself in a window where Lukaku and pogba are agitating to leave and we have a few defenders that need moving on. I'd happily sell martial as well. The problem is making sales fast enough that we can spend the money on time this window. That's what concerns me. Ed and his guys don't seem capable of getting things done that quickly.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
This shouldn’t be a disaster if the coaching and scouting is good/up to standard. If Solksjaer can’t do something with it and bring players like Rashford, Martial and Fred on then that’s the real issue.

Hawks2008

Believable. The club was pitiful in the summer window last year, and again have continued to penny pinch. No reason we should have to rely on selling players, unless the Glazers want less money in the team and more in their own pockets.

RoyH1

In all fairness, that’s the future modus operandi under the new FFP rules.

The Last Jedaiiii

Believable. The club was pitiful in the summer window last year, and again have continued to penny pinch. No reason we should have to rely on selling players, unless the Glazers want less money in the team and more in their own pockets.
The Ronaldo situation proved that their own pockets are more important than the team.
The last CM signed by Sir Alex Ferguson was (depending on which one went through first) Anderson or Owen Hargreaves. Think about that, 6 years and not a single CM signed. I don't buy the "no value in the market" line either as the very summer that Ronaldo went to Real for £80m, Robben & Sneijder left for a combined £35m. Who scored the goal that knocked us out of the Champions League that season? Arjen Robben. Who was the manager of Bayern when he scored said goal? Louis Van Gaal. Who set up the first goal in the Champions League final that year? Wesley Sneijder, managed by Jose Mourinho, whose side won 2-0 in Madrid to complete the Treble.
Don't forget that Tevez also left that summer, with apparently £25m being earmarked for his transfer, that he allegedly turned down. So, that summer we lost 2/3 of an incredible forward line and replaced them with Antonio Valencia & Michael Owen for less than what was put aside for Tevez. In the summer of 2010, Khedira & Ozil joined Real Madrid for a combined £25m after a strong World Cup.
So, we could have replaced Giggs (Robben), Scholes (Sneijder), Hargreaves (Khedira) and Tevez (Ozil) for a combined £60m? Oh, and Benzema went to real for c. £35m in 2009. So in total, for £95m, we could have literally rebuilt our entire team to the point where we could have been strong enough to make up for Rome 2009. We lost both finals to Barcelona by a 2 goal margin, but going into the first final, we genuinely had a squad that could go toe-to-toe with them. We just had an off-night, not too different to how Johan Cruyff's Barcelona lost 4-0 to Milan in 1994 despite being favourites. In 2011, we had no chance. Had we signed the players mentioned, we would have arguably been stronger than in 2009. But the Glazer debt doesn't pay for itself and they certainly don't pay for it from their own pockets.
I am sick of people making excuses for them. Guardiola inherited a much stronger team than Jose in 2016, yet was allowed to add:
Bravo (£17m), Stones (£50m), Sane (£45m), Gabriel Jesus (£28m), Gundogan (£24m) among others. He won NOTHING in his first season, went back to the board and they backed him with:
Bernard Mendy (£52m), Kyle Walker (£47m), Bernardo Silva (£45m), Danilo (£27m), Ederson (£36m). They also went and signed Aymeric Laporte half-way through the season for another £52m. They won the League & League Cup, setting a points record for the former.
So Man City outspend us in 2016, we win 2 trophies that season to their 0, and they back Pep with even more money the following Summer.
All Jose got in 2017 was Lukaku, Lindelof & Matic. We finished 2nd that season. What do our board do? Screw the Manager AFTER giving him a contract extension months earlier. They signed Sanchez in January 2018 despite penny pinching to prevent Jose from signing Perisic the previous summer, citing concerns over the latter's age. Sanchez is older, came with higher wages and has flopped. And given what Evra said earlier in the summer, I don't think Alexis was Jose's signing.
So to anyone blaming Jose or LVG, don't even bother. You may not like them, but how is it that these men won League titles EVERYWHERE they went and yet fail at United? Why were Rio Ferdinand & Patrice Evra allowed to follow Nemanja Vidic out of Old Trafford in 2014 with no adequate replacements for their leadership or experience bought in?
But more importantly, how is is that Chelsea have managed to appoint Petr Cech as a Sporting Director less than a month after him retiring yet we can't do that with people like Peter Schmeichel, Nemanja Vidic, Bryan Robson or Dwight Yorke despite all 4 being on the payroll as ambassadors?
1 man is common to all of these failures and his name is Ed Woodward. Him and the Glazers have got to go.

john moran

Does anyone really believe otherwise ?
The Glaziers probably had never heard of Manchester Utd before buying it with borrowed money , loading it with their debts and lining their pockets with 10s of millions along the way .
When the Saudis come up with an offer they cant refuse they will sell .
In the meantime don't expect much in the way of an overall spend .

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
100m is our current budget, but after we sold a few players:
1. 150m for Pogba
2. 65m for Lukaku
3. 50m for De Gea

We will have 265m + 100m = 365m

Problems solved. We can sign at least 6 or 7 good players from that amount.

Treble

I don't believe it. We are trying to deal with the negatives of being considered the richest club on earth by pretendijng to have a relatively modest war chest. To enter negotiations from the position of being the richest club has huge disadvantages, obvously.

Kostov

With 350m to spend you think we would be fighting relegation???
Who says 350m will be well spent? Pogba is our best outfield player and we will downgrade whoever we bring in. Considering we paid 52m pounds for Fred, I have very little hope that we will spend wisely.

Andersons Dietician

100m is our current budget, but after we sold a few players:
1. 150m for Pogba
2. 65m for Lukaku
3. 50m for De Gea

We will have 265m + 100m = 365m

Problems solved. We can sign at least 6 or 7 good players from that amount.
1-Bissaka 50 mil
2- James 18 mil
3-Ndombele 70 mil
4- Sancho 120 mil
5-Havertz 100 mil
6-DeLigt 80mil
7-Saul -80mil
8- random striker to replace Lukaku. Dembele 40 mil

Sorry no I need a bigger budget.

I seriously can’t believe that he, Ole has been given 100 mil and then whatever else he can make out of the squad. If it was true that would smack of them not having faith in him and just holding back fees till he screws up and they can move on to the next manager.

DDG
Bissaka DeLigt Lindelof Shaw
Ndombele Saul
Sancho Havertz Martial
Rashford​

Last edited:

MattyB1986

Even if we sell players not all of the transfer fees will be reinvested into buying players it will be a % of the outs spent as well.

NWRed

This will have been briefed by United in an attempt to stop other clubs trying to rinse us.

It's utterly absurd that de Ligt will go for c.£75m this summer yet Leicester want £90m for Maguire and West Ham want £75m for Diop.

Zed 101

I've already posted that I do not believe this, however if true:
Unless it is 100m + player sales because behind the scenes the deals for Pogba and Lukaku out are there or thereabouts then in todays market 100m is setting Ole up to fail without a RB, CB and CM as a minimum (got to be 150m minimum even if we are not top shelf shopping) there is no way we are much better than last season, especially with Herera seemingly gone although that has rumbled on now.
If Pogba and Lukaku are sold that means another CM and striker.... ok may get 200m ish in fees but would probably need to spend over half to get decent replacements

Skills

Snitch
To be fair, people aren't comparing to a video game. They're comparing to the transfers completed by Real Madrid in real life, where they had a bad season and have in fact done a significant overhaul quite promptly.

When your own chief executive boasts about his power in the transfer market, you expect something similar to Madrid not rumors that we aren't spending more than a pittance.
Erm but we don't want to be like Madrid. We don't agree with practices such as sacking underperforming managers, unless they've completely shit the bed.

Skills

Snitch
I've already posted that I do not believe this, however if true:
Unless it is 100m + player sales because behind the scenes the deals for Pogba and Lukaku out are there or thereabouts then in todays market 100m is setting Ole up to fail without a RB, CB and CM as a minimum (got to be 150m minimum even if we are not top shelf shopping) there is no way we are much better than last season, especially with Herera seemingly gone although that has rumbled on now.
If Pogba and Lukaku are sold that means another CM and striker.... ok may get 200m ish in fees but would probably need to spend over half to get decent replacements
Why would we need a replacement for Lukaku? I was told he's complete shit, so we're hardly going to miss him.

Same for Pogba. I thought just removing his toxic influence would be enough of an improvement.

United Pro

Isn't about £150m net our record? Not too far-fetched to think this may end up being the case (especially if Lukaku and/or Pogba is sold).

Zed 101

Why would we need a replacement for Lukaku? I was told he's complete shit, so we're hardly going to miss him.

Same for Pogba. I thought just removing his toxic influence would be enough of an improvement.
Would not argue for Pogba, he can feck right off TBH but we need midfielders before Pogba goes anyway, he is a body on the field at the least, what with Herera gone, Matic's legs seemingly gone, losing Pogba would leave us Dan James, Mata, McT and Periera and any youth we throw under the bus.

Losing Lukaku leaves us with two strikers in Rashford and Martial, who have not made their bones yet as strikers, and Greenwood, all three may be brilliant next season but it would be a helluva risk, we need a banker.

Dahnsouff

Supports
Leicester City
This will have been briefed by United in an attempt to stop other clubs trying to rinse us.

It's utterly absurd that de Ligt will go for c.£75m this summer yet Leicester want £90m for Maguire and West Ham want £75m for Diop.
Come on.

Maguire is not worth 90m, Diop is not worth 75m, etc, etc, etc.

This is clubs saying we don`t need your money, we do not want to sell. If a buying club wants to force it then they pay big time.

No idea whats so hard to understand, It is a sellers market. TV money has seen to that.
(Although I have a feeling that some fans from some clubs still expect to be able to cherry pick players at will and at a price of their choosing. :nono:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bestietom

Where has all our money gone.?? I thought we were the biggest club in the world. Why are we not able to afford transfers.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
I don't understand why people don't get the concept that wages are more important than transfer fees. We can pay fees. We cannot increase our wage budget significantly more without breaking the Premier League financial fair play rules because our turnover isn't significantly increasing. Therefore the players that we bring in have to be on lower wages... which doesn't happen for 50m players. So, the only way we can spend is if our wage budget comes down, which means getting rid of Sanchez, and a few other high earners. Then we can invest in players.
The 100m is crap click-bait, but the sentiment in terms of cannot invest without sales of high earners is correct.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Where has all our money gone.?? I thought we were the biggest club in the world. Why are we not able to afford transfers.
The biggest club in the world statement, is overrused and overrated. We are comparable to Real Madrid who despite barely spending in the last 4 years were doubted just a month ago and people are still claiming that they absolutely need to sell. Do people actually think that we are somehow far wealthier?

Also ESPN has no clue about our actual budget and 100m is far more money than most club can dream about.

Eleven-Eighteen

Probably a leak from United to try and contain selling prices from other clubs for target players

Ballist1x

Board look at it, we finished 6th. If we spend more than everyone from 7th and below and more than Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs then we should be guaranteeing 6th at worst and 3rd or 4th at best.

Perfect.

Bestietom

The biggest club in the world statement, is overrused and overrated. We are comparable to Real Madrid who despite barely spending in the last 4 years were doubted just a month ago and people are still claiming that they absolutely need to sell. Do people actually think that we are somehow far wealthier?

Also ESPN has no clue about our actual budget and 100m is far more money than most club can dream about.
Well you try to rebuild our team with 100 million.