100m budget for 2019 Summer window

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Bad news = True
Good news = False

------

Most talked about subject today is the 100m budget....
Journalism wins again

Kag

Probably nonsense. If not, an obvious worry.

Mark Ogden remains a wanker. Spreading bad news in relation to United is the easiest way to ensure an article receives some traction.

SteveW

If true the club are finished. They didn't spend in January or last summer either.

Time will tell.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The highly reliable ESPN have been told about the budget of a football club, sure.

el3mel

We spent less than 80m last season so yeah won't surprise me much if that's true.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Not saying 100m is bad. 95% of the managers would kill to get such a high budget. My only worry is about the plan to spend that money. 50m on AWB and 15 on James. Looking at another 50m to buy a midfielder and CB.

If this is true, Ed has to go.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If it was true, why would we put it in the press.

It's not like clubs will suddenly think, oooh they only have 100m, ok we'll knock 20-30m off.

BlahRules

End of the season it was said the transfer budget around £250 million or was that us hoping:/

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
He meant when there is good news, Caf calls it false, when there is bad news, Caf drops shoulders and gets depressed because it has to be true.
Yeah I’m just asking what is this good news. We have to get good news first for the Caf to reject it.

Joseunited

Not saying 100m is bad. 95% of the managers would kill to get such a high budget. My only worry is about the plan to spend that money. 50m on AWB and 15 on James. Looking at another 50m to buy a midfielder and CB.

Panic stations, panic stations:lol:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

You need Math lessons pal.

Bwuk

We spent less than 80m last season so yeah won't surprise me much if that's true.
Agreed.

15m on James and 50m on AWB so 35m to play with.

Unless we can start shifting players for decent fees we will be a mess again next season.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Bullshit.

To the idea we only have 100mil to spend.

LonelyFire

If it was true, why would we put it in the press.

It's not like clubs will suddenly think, oooh they only have 100m, ok we'll knock 20-30m off.
It’s clearly not come from the club - suspect it’s coming from agents.

LonelyFire

The only clubs to outspend us in transfers in the last five years are City and PSG and we have the biggest wage bill in the PL.
Yep - they allowed us to spend once results started failing...which was down to fact they invested utterly nothing for years and failed to replace an ageing squad.

70m last summer, 15m so far this summer - after finishing 6th. Too early to call obviously but let’s see what they’ve done by August 8th. I suspect it won’t be much.

diarm

Alderweireld - 25m
Rabiot - 0m
James - 15m
Wan-Bissaka - 60m

Easy.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
It's easy to believe.

1. We didn't spend much last year
2. We're tying old and mediocre players down to longer contracts
3. We have a manager who will almost definitely accept it
4. The fact that we appear to be doing one deal at a time suggests this could be true too

It would be an absolute disgrace and just another example of utterly horrific ownership, however - I think it is enough if we're smart.

If we get desirable fees for Pogba we can re-invent our midfield, even moreso if we get a good fee for Lukaku and then bring in someone like Ben Yedder for less. It'd even leave enough for the AWB deal plus a centre back. It's genuinely so doable, or at least it should be. Given how woefully inefficient we are, it might not be doable for us.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Depends how deals are structured. They are rarely paid up front in full anyway.

A story like this may not help, but it certainly doesn't hurt our negotiations in the market.