Out

Ander Herrera: Released
Antonio Valencia: Released
Romelu Lukaku: Swap Deal
Matteo Darmian: £10m~
J.Pereira: Loan

£10m

Net Spend: £130m~

We're all laughing and calling it shit, but if we signed no one else and sold one more player, it isn't like we're smashing the imaginary £100m budget either. It's probably not that far off.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Well if we fail to sign Dybala or Bruno, and but sold Lukaku, we are still within 100m net spending

Crashoutcassius

In

Daniel James
: £15m
Aaron Wan-Bissaka: £45m
Harry Maguire: £80m
Paulo Dybala: Swap Deal

£140m

Out

£10m

We're all laughing and calling it shit, but if we signed no one else and sold one more player, it isn't like we're smashing the imaginary £100m budget either. It's probably not that far off.
so any club that doesn't spend more than 150m had a 100m budget this year?..

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
In

Daniel James
: £15m
Aaron Wan-Bissaka: £45m
Harry Maguire: £80m
Paulo Dybala: Swap Deal

£140m

Out

£10m

Yeah, only 30mil more...

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Maguire,Longstaff, AWB,James all between 100-120m subject to sales . Key word is budget for this year means we could still pay part of the fees next year like Arsenal has done (which will come under next year budget).

Now if we splash the cash on Bruno, then we can confirm it it was all BS.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yeah, only 30mil more...
:lol: Don't bother with facts when you make up random stuff.

We've made two major signings this summer. People may want more but this story has clearly been proven to be rubbish.

Also has to be said that while I feel we should do more let's not pretend that spending 130-150 million is pittance.

MDFC Manager

Maguire,Longstaff, AWB,James all between 100-120m subject to sales . Key word is budget for this year means we could still pay part of the fees next year like Arsenal has done (which will come under next year budget).

Are you really still peddling this bullshit?!

ivaldo

Then previous signings would be factored into this years budget. Why are you ignoring this?

We've confirmed it's all bullshit because 130 is a bigger number than 100.

M Bison

Supports
York City
People still pushing this nonesense :lol::lol:

Thread should be closed, it’s embarrsing to see those arguing night is day :lol:

bond19821982

Then previous signings would be factored into this years budget. Why are you ignoring this?

We've confirmed it's all bullshit because 130 is a bigger number than 100.
Yes, it will be and it could be the reason why we have only 100m this year. Also, last year we signed only Fred and Dalot - not exactly a huge spending.

100m means not exactly 100.00 m though. It could be an approx amount and is obviously subject to sales. We could still sell players.

Revan

Assumptionman
Yes, it will be and it could be the reason why we have only 100m this year. Also, last year we signed only Fred and Dalot - not exactly a huge spending.

100m means not exactly 100.00 m though. It could be an approx amount and is obviously subject to sales. We could still sell players.
We have already spent (net) 140m pounds, which is quite higher than 'the budget' of 100m pounds. So it is all bullshit (also the wage has increased).

ivaldo

But we don't have 100m, we've spent 130m. You either incorporate staggered fees or you don't. Staggered payments would be over more than a 2 season period.

Who the hell are we selling for £30m without bringing in a replacement? The interest in Dybala/Longstaff/Bruno appears very real, which would push that number even higher. Remember finding a valuation too higher doesn't mean we haven't the money to spend in the first place. You don't make an offer unless you have the money. I know you're desperate to make the 100mil budget still a possibility, but you're coming across a bit desperate. Just admit it.

RkkMan

How is this thread not closed yet??!! The budget was always bigger than £100m and Ogden needs to be put in the same league as The Sun

ivaldo

:lol: Don't bother with facts when you make up random stuff.

We've made two major signings this summer. People may want more but this story has clearly been proven to be rubbish.

Also has to be said that while I feel we should do more let's not pretend that spending 130-150 million is pittance.
It's bonkers. Would be interesting to see how many of the top 6 over the last 4/5 years have spend more than £130mil next in one window.

bond19821982

We have already spent (net) 140m pounds, which is quite higher than 'the budget' of 100m pounds. So it is all bullshit (also the wage has increased).
If you think all fees are paid upfront on day 1 , then I rest my case.

bond19821982

But we don't have 100m, we've spent 130m. You either incorporate staggered fees or you don't. Staggered payments would be over more than a 2 season period.

Who the hell are we selling for £30m without bringing in a replacement? The interest in Dybala/Longstaff/Bruno appears very real, which would push that number even higher. Remember finding a valuation too higher doesn't mean we haven't the money to spend in the first place. You don't make an offer unless you have the money. I know you're desperate to make the 100mil budget still a possibility, but you're coming across a bit desperate. Just admit it.
Desperate? Window is not even closed mate and we don't even whom we are selling. I will stick to my theory until Aug 8th and then, retrospect if the tweet was right or wrong.

Interest in Dybala means nothing as it's a straight swap. Bruno and Longstaff is still players of other clubs.

ivaldo

Desperate? Window is not even closed mate and we don't even whom we are selling. I will stick to my theory until Aug 8th and then, retrospect if the tweet was right or wrong.

Interest in Dybala means nothing as it's a straight swap. Bruno and Longstaff is still players of other clubs.
Based on what? One tweet? Who are we selling for £30mil without buying? Give me some examples. Why are we ignoring the offers we've made for other players? Where was that money coming from? You don't have to spend all of your budget for it to be a budget? What you on about?

You're literally trying to make out staggered payments would mean the fee is closer to £100mil, while simultaneously ignoring the staggered payments from previous years. You've even tried to imply £130mil is roughly £100mil. Whats £30mil, right?

Havak

Pokemon master
Didn't know Darmian got flogged off too:D
He will be.

We have a squad of 27 players now assuming Maguire is over the line, so there will be sales to get that down to at least 25. Darmian is the most likely to go, he's wasn't part of the squad for the last pre-season game and isn't in the squad for the final one. I'm sure he's the most likely to go.

If this Lukaku/Dybala swap happens, it doesn't change our squad amount. Someone else has to go. J.Pereira is the most likely, but as a loan deal IMO.

I always thought we'd sell a CB, but that might not be the case now if we don't specifically have to. If anything, we might just not register Bailly in our Premier League squad as he's unlikely to be fully fit until January anyway, at which point we can tweak the squad anyway.

Oh, and I'm not 'pushing for this £100m budget being real' like the usual moaning caftards are insinuating :lol: just posting what I think is a very reasonable end of Summer for us and £30m is a good chunk more than the imaginary budget touted, but I stand by it isn't exactly splashing the cash. It's very in line with our net spends under LvG and Jose, which is actually a bit more than I expected as they had much better CVs as managers. If we sell another player without buying one, that net spend will go much closer to £100m even though I don't believe it was ever a thing.

If we do sign a Longstaff or Bruno, then we will likely smash our record net spend of £140m~, which I didn't think Ole would be trusted with.

DutchCruijff

Havak, you do realise it's Lukaku PLUS cash for Dybala, right?

On top of that, we're looking at signing Mandzukic for 15M too.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
With the sale of Lukaku we were definitely budgeting for 100m. The swap deal came out of nowhere and I believe Ed thinks it's worth going 30m over budget for.

This is depressing because it means we won't be getting Bruno. We desperately need a CM.
If pogba gets injured...

RedCurry

But even the PL window hasn't closed yet. The transfer window for rest of the Europe are still open till the end of the month. We could still have big name departures which would bring the net spend down. Best thing to do is to just let the things unfold and see where we're at September 1st.

bond19821982

Based on what? One tweet? Who are we selling for £30mil without buying? Give me some examples. Why are we ignoring the offers we've made for other players? Where was that money coming from? You don't have to spend all of your budget for it to be a budget? What you on about?

You're literally trying to make out staggered payments would mean the fee is closer to £100mil, while simultaneously ignoring the staggered payments from previous years. You've even tried to imply £130mil is roughly £100mil. Whats £30mil, right?
Based on our spending history of previous 4-5 years. Our net spend has always been in that range 100 - 120m . The fact that we spent much less last year means, we might have been finishing some of our earlier balances last year.

I didnt imply anything like 130m = 100m . I said, subject to sales it could approximately around that figure. Again, I don't believe we will stop right at 100m if its holding a transfer. Our net spend will be around that figure and I still believe it.

Now, if Bruno is signed without any other sales, I will happily accept I was wrong. Until the window is closed, we have no grounds to convince or get convinced sadly.

ivaldo

Based on our spending history of previous 4-5 years. Our net spend has always been in that range 100 - 120m . The fact that we spent much less last year means, we might have been finishing some of our earlier balances last year.

I didnt imply anything like 130m = 100m . I said, subject to sales it could approximately around that figure. Again, I don't believe we will stop right at 100m if its holding a transfer. Our net spend will be around that figure and I still believe it.

Now, if Bruno is signed without any other sales, I will happily accept I was wrong. Until the window is closed, we have no grounds to convince or get convinced sadly.
That doesn't make our budget £100mil. Why are you insisting on making this a thing?

No grounds other than spending £30mil over this imaginary budget. Where's the grounds for a £100mil budget? Explain it to me, and then explain how it makes it more likely than literally spending significantly more than said budget.

And that's not factoring in we've made very real offers for players that has been rejected. Where was that money coming from? If we had our offer of 20/25mil accepted for Longstaff, are you suggesting we wouldn't have bought Maguire? Again having our offers rejected doesn't mean that offer didn't exist.

Revan

Assumptionman
If you think all fees are paid upfront on day 1 , then I rest my case.
That was never part of these news though. But if you want to play that game, then add the fees from the players which were signed in the last two years and we're still paying for them. Fair is fair, after all.

Revan

Assumptionman
But even the PL window hasn't closed yet. The transfer window for rest of the Europe are still open till the end of the month. We could still have big name departures which would bring the net spend down. Best thing to do is to just let the things unfold and see where we're at September 1st.
If Lukaku goes, we'll get Dybala. He is the only player who can get us a lot of money (we are not selling Pogba this summer). We can get 20m or so from the likes of Darmian and Rojo, but we might sign another squad player like Mandzukic. So, I think it is pretty sure it is gonna be more than 100m, and if we really go for Fernandez, then it might get really close to 200m.

Havak

Pokemon master
For 10 million pounds at that :lol:
Only using the rumours from previous media posts as an estimate. He was apparently touted for a £13m move back to Italy last season and a £9m move to Barcelona recently. Could be all bollocks and he goes for less or more, but if another player is leaving after Lukaku (as we specifically must sell or loan two players or simply not register them in our squad which is a waste) then it has to be him surely?

Just quit it with these kinds of comments, absolute waste of time.

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
So if we get Bruno then net spend is touching £200m? We do seem to be awful at selling players.

Maybe I don't notice it as I'm focusing on who we're buying but no one even seems to bid for our players... maybe that's it's own story.

RedCurry

If Lukaku goes, we'll get Dybala. He is the only player who can get us a lot of money (we are not selling Pogba this summer). We can get 20m or so from the likes of Darmian and Rojo, but we might sign another squad player like Mandzukic. So, I think it is pretty sure it is gonna be more than 100m, and if we really go for Fernandez, then it might get really close to 200m.
Off chance maybe but De Gea hasn't signed a contract yet and Pogba might still leave. We could potentially scrap the deal with Juve and just sell Lukaku for cash to Inter. There's a lot of possible ways to keep our net spend at 100m.

bond19821982

That was never part of these news though. But if you want to play that game, then add the fees from the players which were signed in the last two years and we're still paying for them. Fair is fair, after all.
Yes, feel free to do it. We spent only 75m last year way below our normal threshold . It's fair to assume that money went back to some earlier deals, may be ? Again I am assuming it.

Point is we didn't make any huge purchase last year that could have been carried forward to next year.

bond19821982

That doesn't make our budget £100mil. Why are you insisting on making this a thing?

No grounds other than spending £30mil over this imaginary budget. Where's the grounds for a £100mil budget? Explain it to me, and then explain how it makes it more likely than literally spending significantly more than said budget.

And that's not factoring in we've made very real offers for players that has been rejected. Where was that money coming from? If we had our offer of 20/25mil accepted for Longstaff, are you suggesting we wouldn't have bought Maguire? Again having our offers rejected doesn't mean that offer didn't exist.
Why exactly would I consider the money going for bids? even a league 2 club can bid for messi except for the fact that it matters only if its accepted and player joins. End of the day what matters is how much is our net spend end of the window. Not how much I bid for.

I repeat, by 100m they mean a figure around that region. They wouldn't stop and veto all the transfers the moment it touches 100.1

It actually makes lot of sense when you compare the last few years.

Moonwalker

Why exactly would I consider the money going for bids? even a league 2 club can bid for messi except for the fact that it matters only if its accepted and player joins. End of the day what matters is how much is our net spend end of the window. Not how much I bid for.

I repeat, by 100m they mean a figure around that region. They wouldn't stop and veto all the transfers the moment it touches 100.1

Absolutely, it happens all the time. Clubs just bid frivolously with money they don't have.

You should really crawl under some rock and spare yourself further embarrassment.

ivaldo

So you're saying we are bidding for players we have no real intention of signing? This is what you're willing to beleive in order to make £100mil a possible budget. It's frankly pretty stupid to disregard genuine attempts to sign a player in order to make this feasible. Explain to me then, why we are making these offers if we have this budget? Actually qualify your theory. I've asked you to do this a few times now and you've not done so.

£130mil isn't 'around' £100mil.

Are you genuinely saying a budget is dictated by how much is spent, not how much is available?

bond19821982

Absolutely, it happens all the time. Clubs just bid frivolously with money they don't have.

You should really crawl under some rock and spare yourself further embarrassment.
You have no idea what's being discussed. So thanks for being part of the discussion by contributing with a wonderful post like this.