10yrs ago Augero??

Hughie77

Ronney questions the City result 10 years ago. Well done Wayne , I've said it for years it was fishy.

Giving the ball back straight from ko. QPR players celebrating with city players, owners from the same barrell. And keeper dives wrong way.
Rooney has now said why wasn't that result questioned.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Unfortunately too late, the Premier league got their Hollywood ending.

The Premier League is more likely to investigate a boring finish to the season.

Classical Mechanic

I'm not convinced to be honest. If there was corruption it wouldn't have been a last minute winner. It's implausible for corruption in a football game to be engineered like that.

BarstoolProphet

If this indeed was matchfixing then I think we should take the time to applaud the players involved for managing to set it up for a finish like that. I mean, they didn't get the memo until 90 mins was played?

lsd

The Oracle
I always remember watching it yelling at Paddy Kenny for not holding on to the ball and instead throwing it into city players as soon as he got it.

However he was just a useless fat keeper and not even Irish

Tarrou

it was pretty disgusting what happened after they scored the winner

But I don’t think there was anything corrupt they just knew they safe and couldn’t give a feck

I was streaming it and my mates stream had just died and he was asking me how long QPR had to score… horrible feeling having to tell him all hope was lost

Ludens the Red

Qpr knew they were safe, as useless Bolton had fecked up. And then proceeded to Chuck the towel in. There is absolutely no disputing that… it’s not match fixing but one of the grossest examples of a lack of professionalism and respect for the integrity of the league.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
QPR were shit team, it took huge effort to even hold them till that last min. Barton fecked it up too.

Don't think it was fixed, it just that top team were relentless in attacking and scored the goal.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
To be honest, we dropped 8 points vs Wigan, Everton and then to City. We only have ourselves to blame.

JB7

If this indeed was matchfixing then I think we should take the time to applaud the players involved for managing to set it up for a finish like that. I mean, they didn't get the memo until 90 mins was played?
Well they played the game thinking they needed a result to stay up & didn't collapse until they knew that they were safe. It wasn't so much fixed as just hugely unprofessional on their part really as suddenly City were playing against a team that stopped fighting.

Tarrou

they are basically the GOAT match fixers I wouldn’t even be mad

JB7

To be honest, we dropped 8 points vs Wigan, Everton and then to City. We only have ourselves to blame.
This is what it always comes back to. It was an inexcusable end to the season on our part.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
This is what it always comes back to. It was an inexcusable end to the season on our part.
Always easier to point fingers than to look closer to home, but this is the truth. We gave them an opportunity and they took it. Simples

Chairman Steve

I don’t know why people dwell on this, when the following season we curbstomped them out of the title race by Christmas and they lost to fecking Wigan of all teams in the FA Cup Final.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Nothing that fishy about it. QPR knew they were safe so stopped trying.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don’t know why people dwell on this, when the following season we curbstomped them out of the title race by Christmas and they lost to fecking Wigan of all teams in the FA Cup Final.
And with RVP’s last minute winner at the Etihad

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Yeah, it was basically scripted by both sets of players at the behest of both sets of fans. ‘You couldn’t write the script’. But they did.

If QPR wanted to hang on, they could have but they chose to give the ball back to City multiple times instead. ABU isn’t paranoia, it was a thing the whole country was happy to admit to. No one gave a toss about City winning, they just didn’t want us to. Ten years later we’ll all be cheering them on to steal the league off Liverpool on Sunday

It’s why City haven’t been able to do it in the Champions League against teams that actually want to win. Gerard’s Villa won’t be passing the ball back to them either.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
My only real problem with the events as they played-out was that the Premier League didn't delay the start of the Bolton game to sync-up with the City game.

The Barton thing added a lot of time to the first half of the City game, leading to the referee in our match at Sunderland delaying the start of the second-half so that we'd sync-up with the City game.

But they didn't do that with the Bolton game - so that second-half started well before the City-QPR second-half started, meaning that QPR knew for sure they were safe because the Bolton game had finished well before the City game finished.

Of course City would still have won regardless, but it always infuriated me how they delayed our game but not the other one that connected to the City result. Maybe QPR would've fought harder for a couple of minutes more, maybe not - but the point of delaying our second-half should've meant that they did the same for the Bolton game.

big rons sovereign

Always pissed me off that the linesman saw Barton lash out at tevez from 60 yards away but somehow didn't see tevez boot him him 2 seconds earlier.

ShinjiNinja26

I’m convinced to this day that result was dodgy as feck, everything about it stinks, from an ex City player getting himself sent off, conceding 2 goals and in quick succession very late on to QPR players celebrating with City players after the game. I know QPR stayed up but it seemed more like they were celebrating City winning the title more than them being happy they were safe.

InfiniteBoredom

QPR threw that game but we threw away the title.

The Everton game I couldn’t be mad about, it was super unlucky that we went from hitting the post to make it 5-2 to conceding from the resulting counter, but that Wigan game was a disgrace. By the time we played City everybody knew we’d lose and Fergie showed it with his game plan and selection.

Dansk

I don't think there was corruption, but it was always obvious to me that QPR stopped playing once they heard that they were safe from relegation regardless of the result, and had no qualms gifting City two goals in the dying minutes. Very unprofessional but not downright crooked.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
My only real problem with the events as they played-out was that the Premier League didn't delay the start of the Bolton game to sync-up with the City game.

The Barton thing added a lot of time to the first half of the City game, leading to the referee in our match at Sunderland delaying the start of the second-half so that we'd sync-up with the City game.

But they didn't do that with the Bolton game - so that second-half started well before the City-QPR second-half started, meaning that QPR knew for sure they were safe because the Bolton game had finished well before the City game finished.

Of course City would still have won regardless, but it always infuriated me how they delayed our game but not the other one that connected to the City result. Maybe QPR would've fought harder for a couple of minutes more, maybe not - but the point of delaying our second-half should've meant that they did the same for the Bolton game.

Barton was sent off in the 55th min

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Yeah, that season we lost it for ourselves tbh. But they were gonna win the league it was always coming. They were slowly starting to get the better of us in previous seasons too.