10yrs ago Augero??

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
City's stadium announcer deserves half of that title. That was great job in saying that Bolton drew their game

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Really? All this time i am thinking (because i read somewhere?) that Fergie himself said that he wanted to retire 2012 but decided to stay another year to go with a trophy
Here's the telegraph interview where he says it himself:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...sQFnoECAUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3szfB_Sr4K8QNm9O_QS8Z6
(Its behind a paywall but you could bypass it, just search the Google for the paywall lass extension)

In it he basically says he would have liked to continue but seeing the state of his wife changed his mind.
He might not be telling the truth but I don't see why he would do that.
In many ways I'm glad he went out when he did, going out with a bang but who knows as we might have steamrolled the league the following season due to the quality of it being so shit and have pushed for the Champions League Title.
Ronaldo might have came back if Fergie had stayed and I think he wanted to get rid of Rooney so who know what would have happened.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
City's stadium announcer deserves half of that title. That was great job in saying that Bolton drew their game
Is that a legal thing to do?
(It might not have affected things that much anyway, im sure they would have gotten the sound of it through other means.)

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
QPR were down to 10 men and safe by then, they just stopped giving a feck. It's awful what this forum has become with conspiracies we used to laugh at City/Liverpool fans for.

We bottled an 8 points lead that season, nobody to blame but ourselves for that.

Zetrio2002

I think QPR did well. They fought, they tackled. The goalkeeper made some big saves.

City just had the men who can do well. If you rewatched the last 12 min, you will see how well David Silva played. His crucial crosses from corner aren't easy to make. Players like Dzeko, Balotelli, Aguero also did very well.

Suedesi

This is what it always comes back to. It was an inexcusable end to the season on our part.
That loss to Roberto Martinez' Wigan hurt. And that 4-4 against Everton after squandering 2 goal leads twice felt like a defeat. The loss to City had an aura of inevitability about it. Shitty end to the season.

Suedesi

I'm honestly less bothered. If we were to lose the PL dramatically to the scouse it would hurt my soul, but whether Liverpool win the Premier League or City does - it's still a shitty alternative.

Canuckred64

Ronney questions the City result 10 years ago. Well done Wayne , I've said it for years it was fishy.

Giving the ball back straight from ko. QPR players celebrating with city players, owners from the same barrell. And keeper dives wrong way.
Rooney has now said why wasn't that result questioned.
Always said that the result was fishy. Once QPR knew they were staying up, they folded and let City score a couple of goals. The game should have been investigated at the time.

pauldyson1uk

I hated that goal then, I fecking really hate that goal now.
If Joey fecking Barton had not fecked about being sent off, there would have been no time to score the goal.
Did QPR throw the game, well that something well will never really know, on feck it YES YES and YES they did.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's interesting how little these things bother you when you are resigned to defeat. After the Everton and especially City game I thought we were done for that season and I didn't get my hopes up on final day. So it didn't really impact me when City when it late. Not even among my top 20/30 worst Pl moments.

Jibbs

QPR were down to 10 men and safe by then, they just stopped giving a feck. It's awful what this forum has become with conspiracies we used to laugh at City/Liverpool fans for.

We bottled an 8 points lead that season, nobody to blame but ourselves for that.
that awful draw vs Everton.

Korwas

If Rooney want to bring up the topic of corruption that season then he and all the United players are the ones that should be thrown into jail for giving up the league embarrassingly, not City for winning it in dramatic fashion. United chocked big time thats it, and they made up for it as best they could next season. I don't like conspirasies like this because some times your team choke and the other team has a historic moment.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
There was talk (from Fergie i think) how after they realised that they are staying up (around 90th minute), they gave up.
When you think about it, it gets worse. If we had won title that day, Fergie would have retired that season. So no Rvp and our great season next year.
On the other hand Klopp, Jose and Pep were available that summer (i think).
You wouldn't have got Pep.
If City would have blown it, Mancini would have been sacked and Pep appointed but as it turned out he was hailed as a hero and given an improved contract.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
Really? All this time i am thinking (because i read somewhere?) that Fergie himself said that he wanted to retire 2012 but decided to stay another year to go with a trophy
This is what I believe.
He didn't want to finish on a low so he gave it another season and intercepted City's attempts to sign RVP.
City already had 4 senior strikers (Aguero, Balotelli, Tevez and Dzeko) and while they wanted RVP Mancini was reluctant to part with any of the 4 so RVP ended up at United who coasted the PL in 12/13 allowing Ferguson to ride off into the sunset and Moyes to inherit a squad of faded greats and kids.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
I hated that goal then, I fecking really hate that goal now.
If Joey fecking Barton had not fecked about being sent off, there would have been no time to score the goal.
Did QPR throw the game, well that something well will never really know, on feck it YES YES and YES they did.
The fact that Bolton were relegated was relayed around the QPR team.
Most of them stopped caring about the result and the ex-City players went further by actively helping City win the game.
It wasn't predetermined as if QPR were still in danger of relegation they would have played hard until the end but their attitude changed when safety was guaranteed.
City also received a favour from an ex player on another occasion.
Iheanaco's "miss" in the game when Kompany scored a piledriver against Leicester a few years ago was absolutely deliberate.
I was sat a few yards away from the incident and am 100% sure of that.

Woodzy

Obviously he’s on a WUM but doesn’t make him less of a cnut.

And regarding Cisse, I’m pretty sure he was celebrating with Nasri because they were former team mates, BUT I’m also sure he said before the game that he wanted both City to win the title and QPR stay up.