10yrs ago Augero??

It wasn't fixed but the QPR players definitely threw the game, they knew they were safe and wanted to see City beat us.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
God, I felt so low after that result. Leading 4-2 I think.
I was there, and it was crushing. We lead 3-1 and then 4-2, singing Campiones. Brutal.

The game against them at the Etihad a week or so later was tough to watch too. It only ended 1-0, but it felt like a battering.

We definitely didn't deserve to win the league after the manner in which we threw it away.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Barton was sent off in the 55th min
Yes you're right - I thought that was the reason for the delay to the end of the first half, but seems like Yaya Toure got injured so maybe it was that? I obviously wasn't watching that match that day and haven't watched it back since then :lol:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Fun fact, I have never seen that Aguero goal. I've seen the build up, and the celebration and sort of can figure out what happens from what people have said/still images - but i've never actually seen the footage of the ball hitting the net.

So with that in mind ... did it ever really happen?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
City's equaliser and winner were some of the worst bits of goalkeeping I've sine since someone said the word "Taibi"

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
On this day, 10 years ago, nothing happened.

Caesar2290

This is what it always comes back to. It was an inexcusable end to the season on our part.
That 4-4 against Everton still irks. I remeber when it was 4-2 and Fergie was jocking with 4th official thinking it was in the bag. Then Fellaini proceeded to put his only costumary WC performance against us that season. Still pisses me off all of these years later

el3mel

Some posts in this thread read as if they are coming from RAWK or Blue moon with the ridiculous amount of delusion.

We deserves to lose the title back then. It happened. The club moved on and won it immediately the next year. We responded well to that loss and everything turned out well in the end. So just move on.

Maticmaker

Rooney has now said why wasn't that result questioned.
Well Wayne should know.... the reason is that result 'knocked us off our perch' and in the world of ABU's celebrations were ecstatic. It's remembered more by ABU's for us 'getting our desserts' and missing out on what would have been our 13th PL title, than for City winning their first PL title... and twelve months later Roo and RVP put the smiles back and the frowns on ABU faces when we did get the 13th title... happy days!

RedStarUnited

I dont mind that season. It gave Sir Alex the push to go and get RVP.

RVP at United in 12/13 is one of the greatest seasons in my lifetime.

Hughie77

Was that the 4-4 game when we was 4-2 about 80th minute? That was the result that changed it all.
Yep and Evra hit the post with a header if I remember to go 5-2 and they went up the other end and made it 4-3 then its history then.

Chicharo

We bottled it all right, but still doesn't change the shameful manner in which QPR lost the game. After the game, fecking Cisse was cheering like they won the league

Zen86

It wasn't fixed but the QPR players definitely threw the game, they knew they were safe and wanted to see City beat us.
This. It wasn’t pre-meditated corruption, but QPR quite purposely threw the game at the end once it was safe to do so.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Moyes the fraud usually can’t buy more than 1 goal even if his life depended on it, but on that day his team had to score bloody 4 goals against us. Well, whatever. Without it RvP might never have got a PL medal so it all ended well after all.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
City had thrown a decent points lead, then we did the same. That Everton 4-2 lead, hitting the post and then drawing 4-4 was pure numbing. I still remember the shock of walking out of the ground after that.
Then we still managed to lose to Wigan and then put a cowardly lineup out at City.

Qpr did us proud with ten men to even be in it, but after that those last few mins were an absolute disgrace.

I still blame my mate texting "can't believe City have gifted us the title".

Literally seconds later they equalised and we all knew.

However, without that ending we wouldn't have had the next RVP season.

DeGea’sFeet

That’s football. Like saying RM Vs City was fixed.

QPR players hoofed it forward, was more about them being tired and thinking the match was done.

Eddy_JukeZ

We blew it ourselves.

QPR are a disgusting club though. I don't think I've ever seen a team just flat out boot the ball out of play like that in a football game from kick-off. They literally just gave them the ball back.

Gazautd18

I've just gotten over this.
Cheers for bringing up those great memories again....

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Even if it was we only have ourselves to blame, that everton game sealed it.

Real Name

If Drogba's offside goal at Old Trafford in 2010 was disallowed and we didn't threw a 8 point lead in 2012 we would have had 7 titles in a row.

In 2012 of course Everton hurts the most but we came at Etihad 2 weeks after that, needing only a point and played one of the most coward games I've ever seen. Was atypical of Fergie really.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
There was talk (from Fergie i think) how after they realised that they are staying up (around 90th minute), they gave up.
When you think about it, it gets worse. If we had won title that day, Fergie would have retired that season. So no Rvp and our great season next year.
On the other hand Klopp, Jose and Pep were available that summer (i think).

Red the Bear

Something less generic
There was talk (from Fergie i think) how after they realised that they are staying up (around 90th minute), they gave up.
When you think about it, it gets worse. If we had won title that day, Fergie would have retired that season. So no Rvp and our great season next year.
On the other hand Klopp, Jose and Pep were available that summer (i think).
Not really, he would have liked to continue but his wife's loneliness due to her sister's death changed his mind, or at least that's what he himself says.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Not really, he would have liked to continue but his wife's loneliness due to her sister's death changed his mind, or at least that's what he himself says.
Really? All this time i am thinking (because i read somewhere?) that Fergie himself said that he wanted to retire 2012 but decided to stay another year to go with a trophy

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Anyone who thinks the idea of players throwing games is unrealistic only has to look at our entire 21/22 season.