11 of one-man xi's: current and all-time

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Basically the most rounded and eclectic players. For example, I'll put xi Gullit's or Di Stefano's up against anyone and expect them to win - unless one of you can come up with a one-man xi that says otherwise :angel:

Who'd be the modern day proverbial one-man army, then?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Rooney is a good shout. Can score goals, assist and tracks back. Even plays in goal.

Talking about goalkeeping, O'Shea x11 would be great!

Dolf

I would love to see 11 Pepe's vs 11 Pepe's. It would probably end with 4 broken legs and 12 red cards.

Jabocaster

Supports
Everton
11x Lothar Matthäus. The post match interviews would be hilarious as well:D

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Neeskens, IMO — well rounded, hard worker with Tardelli-esque endless stamina, played in a ton different roles (right back even in major games...like vs. Panathinaikos, central midfield obviously, point forward, point backward, even centerback), Totaalvoetbal itself was predicated on a carousel scheme so he would move around with the rest of the team and had a great sense for space, and also fairly unselfish (at least wrt. the highest strata of football where players are generally more egoistical). A team with eleven Di Stéfanos might spontaneously combust considering the degree of control/independence even one demanded, but I'd expect Neeskens to work quite effectively with his clones given some of his cookie-cutter characteristics.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Neeskens, IMO — well rounded, hard worker with Tardelli-esque endless stamina, played in a ton different roles (right back even in major games...like vs. Panathinaikos, central midfield obviously, point forward, point backward, even centerback), Totaalvoetbal itself was predicated on a carousel scheme so he would move around with the rest of the team and had a great sense for space, and also fairly unselfish (at least wrt. the highest strata of football where players are generally more egoistical). A team with eleven Di Stéfanos might spontaneously combust considering the degree of control/independence even one demanded, but I'd expect Neeskens to work quite effectively with his clones given some of his cookie-cutter characteristics.
Ah, but you're not factoring they are one; they are legion!

Neeskens, Matthaeus and possibly Robson I was going to put forth, but I wonder about all of them in a backline and even upfront.

Szepan or Sastre also come to mind.

Schweigaard

Supports
Liverpool
This will be hated here, but Gerrard. At his prime he was both strong, fast, a great passer and finisher of the ball, a good ballwinner, and extremely versatile in that he could play any position on the pitch and do well.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
This will be hated here, but Gerrard. At his prime he was both strong, fast, a great passer and finisher of the ball, a good ballwinner, and extremely versatile in that he could play any position on the pitch and do well.
A CB pairing of Gerrard's would be terrible, add that to the sitter in midfield and you've got a leaky core to say the least.

Whiskey Red

Supports
Liverpool
11 james milners, would be more industrious than the victorians but maybe a bit boring.

Schneckerl

All-time: John Charles?
Played as a CB and striker at different times in his career

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Ah, but you're not factoring they are one; they are legion!

Neeskens, Matthaeus and possibly Robson I was going to put forth, but I wonder about all of them in a backline and even upfront.
Not great height but an excellent reader of the game and very good in the air. Also the four Robson's in midfield would stop a lot of attacks before it got to the defence.

(PS. Charles could lump the ball to himself and bypass the midfield?)
All-time: John Charles?
Played as a CB and striker at different times in his career
Very good shout. I doubt there's another great who could play CH and CF as seamlessly as he did.

Njord

Yaya Toure - played at CB, DM, CM, AM and striker. Could probably do a job as a full back and winger too. Would require a lot of cakes though.

Bratt

I’d have a xi of Manuel Neuer and I would’ve beaten you all.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Be like beginners hour at the ice arena, all that slipping :D