11 shot in French Quarter, New Orleans | Investigation ongoing | 1st December 2019

Carolina Red

Staff
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ZLS04JmE6BIcL1o8elJDr3CqEQHYyzEo1Yf953VtJBwlY

New Orleans police said 11 people were shot early Sunday in the city's famed French Quarter. Two of the victims were in critical condition, police said.

Police initially said 10 people were taken for treatment at local medical facilities. They later added that another person walked in to a local hospital seeking treatment. There was no further information about their condition.

No arrests had been made, police said, with any motive unclear.

Terrorism or just another day in America?

Also seems a bit unusual that 11 people were shot but nobody reported to have died.

Carolina Red

Staff
Terrorism or just another day in America?

Also seems a bit unusual that 11 people were shot but nobody reported to have died.
2 folks in critical condition, so that’s not a good sign. Lots of folks shot die later on the operating table.

As to the cause... there’s no telling right now. Lots of folks were downtown celebrating the LSU win and the Bayou Classic between Southern and Grambling at the Superdome, so there was ample opportunity for someone wanting to do something horrible.

jeff_goldblum

Jesus I was just in New Orleans and the French Quarter last week - amazing city with the friendliest, most welcoming people.

Simbo

Thought it was a shooting in France for a second there. Should probably just use one thread for all the US shootings.

redIndianDevil

What the feck is happening in United States, a first world developed country. They should have banned guns the moment it started happening at schools. Don't understand why they need their guns.

Carolina Red

Staff
Increased numbers of police were in the area because of the football game... were so close to the shooting that they thought they were being fired on.

Precaution

Interesting, i live nearby... surprised this hasnt sooner or at least its the first time its been reported, dont be out in the non tourist part of the French Quarter at 3am.

Dante

Average bang
What the feck is happening in United States, a first world developed country. They should have banned guns the moment it started happening at schools. Don't understand why they need their guns.
They're cool and they're fun and they're glamourous.

Almost all the other bullshit excuses are just attempt to intellectualise gun owners' desire to feel like badasses.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
It’s part of our constitution don’t you know? On a serious note, too many guns in circulation. Won’t ever happen.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
They're cool and they're fun and they're glamourous.

Almost all the other bullshit excuses are just attempt to intellectualise gun owners' desire to feel like badasses.
You don't really need to intellectualise it. The bottom line is it's a multi-billion dollar industry, and nothing and no one will stand in the way of that.

The American answer to shootings is... to buy more guns and ammo... the gun industry thrives in times of peace (prep for the next incident!) or chaos (oh no! gotta buy more guns!) so it's a win-win.

Death is incidental. I think by now, only the loved ones and those directly affected (first responders and the like) even take on board what's happening with these shootings - they are so normalized, even the threads here barely get any posts or views, and even when they do, it's mostly an indifferent loop of the same discussion that will invariably repeat on itself within a couple of weeks when the next mass shooting occurs.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Easiest way to fix this is send the price of bullets sky high as per Jim Jeffries suggestion.

99% of gun owners wouldnt know how to build their own bullets so they'd probably end up killing themselves first.
Isn't there already 5000 bullets for every person in the USA. I don't think they'd ever run out. That is the issue I see with banning or confiscation. There is an insane amount of guns in circulation anyway. It would not do a thing and no one you'd want to take one off would comply

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Those streets are so pedestrian dense with mostly drunk people that two idiots shooting at each other could hit and injure at least that many bystanders.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Easiest way to fix this is send the price of bullets sky high as per Jim Jeffries suggestion.

99% of gun owners wouldnt know how to build their own bullets so they'd probably end up killing themselves first.
Has Jim Jeffries been stealing material from Chris Rock?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Ahhh that’s who it might have been! Couldn’t remember which comedian it was!
“Bullet control” was Chris Rock, talking about making bullets £5,000 and there’d be no more innocent bystanders.

Jim Jefferies does have a good bit on gun control though :)

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
“Bullet control” was Chris Rock, talking about making bullets £5,000 and there’d be no more innocent bystanders.

Jim Jefferies does have a good bit on gun control though :)
Making amno that expensive would be like the dry law we had and would make a lot of people rich, so would be easier to buy amno in any country of Europe except UK I guess than here :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
It's really sad that mass shootings are the norm in America than no one bats an eyelid and it doesn't take up much, if any, air time on world news channels.

When will the US make some real and substantial changes? It's beyond brain dead to continue to do nothing.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Yeah, back CCTV was in its infancy. Should be better now.
;)
Great city with great food but with the 24 hour drinking I had to leave before I drowned myself.