12 months since Mourinho was sacked and we've arguably gone backwards

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
With Mourinho we at least dominated dross teams.
Worst days under Jose were better then this shit under this so called manager

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Like I said. Backwards. What do you expect from a mid to lower table manager? A mid to lower table team.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Much harder to spin going into Christmas three points behind a promoted Sheffield United and level with Newcastle. That is utterly tragic.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
1 extra game and still can't eclipse the points tally of a manager who was trying to lose.

Last edited:

Chipper

Adulterer.
6 wins in half a season and people were actually arguing against this... holy shit.
But mate, you were knee-jerking. You were judging us on being shite for 9 months, others managed to forget all that because of one good display against City and that makes you the knee-jerker and not them. :houllier:

Paul_Scholes18

We are better when we can counter on teams. Much worse in terms of breaking teams down.

Last year we played like a poor top side. This year we play like Newcastle and Crystal palace with better players.

El Jefe

Jose was actively trying to sabotage the season last year and created a toxic environment before preseason even started all the way till his last game. Ole is giving his very best and has the team playing for him and has generally created a good atmosphere around the club.

With all that said there is absolutely no improvement if we look at things overall. Sure, signings have been better as have performances against top sides but the squad is far worse and so is the defence. That alone makes Ole's tenure terrible because he's actually trying his best to keep the job unlike Mourinho who was begging for the sack after the West Ham game early in the season.

bonothom

Team performance has to be measured in points. When Mourinho was sacked United had 26 points from 17 games. A terrible record. This season its 25 points from 18 games. No question that we have gone backwards. I honestly think United are on a slippery slope to the Championship. Maybe not this season but next year we could be battling relegation, if this is allowed to continue in this current setup.

Paul_Scholes18

Team performance has to be measured in points. When Mourinho was sacked United had 26 points from 17 games. A terrible record. This season its 25 points from 18 games. No question that we have gone backwards. I honestly think United are on a slippery slope to the Championship. Maybe not this season but next year we could be battling relegation, if this is allowed to continue in this current setup.
We will not get relegated. We have lots of good midtable quality players around and got enough money to buy more.

izec

The decisions we made were great, until the point were we appointed Ole permanently. Yes, we are going backwards, and we will stagnate/go backwards under Ole. People will realise that once we buy better players and we still dont perform as we would hope. I am not even sure we can buy these great players with a midtable mentality and finish. That is why we would need a manager making some coaching and improving players, rather than someone needing to have the best team at his disposal for a top 4 finish and only playing counter attacking football. A year down the line and we still cannot play convincingly against one of the worst teams in the league.

Bwuk

We are much worse. If teams don’t let us play on the counter we are clueless.

432JuanMata

Mourinho at the end wasn’t trying yet Ole is trying his best which is the worst part as we have gone backwards which I didn’t think would be possible

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
This is the problem hiring a club legend. The board will find it hard to sack him and a lot of fans are finding other excuses.

Cardiff didn't think he was good enough for them. Cardiff. Take your Ole was a great player for us blinkers off and everyone knows he's deserves the sack.

He's been an absolute embarrassment quite frankly. The coaching of the team is non existent. We only know how to counter.

Josep Dowling

Points and positions don’t matter. What matters is culture and togetherness.
Keep seeing stuff like this but in the end football is about getting points on the board. What evidence is there to prove he has changed the culture at the club?

Apart from trusting load of youngster who simply aren’t ready at this level I have seen much difference to our previous manager. Our style of football hasn’t exactly changed.

always_hoping

With Mourinho we at least dominated dross teams.
Worst days under Jose were better then this shit under this so called manager
His style of play wasn't to dominate teams and United also lost to plenty of games against "dross teams" under Jose and he was meant to be a top manager.

Watford (A) 1-3
Arsenal (A) 0-2
Huddersfield (A) 1-2
Burnley 2-2 (H)
Southampton 0-0 (H)
Newcastle 0-1 (A)
West Brom 0-1 (H)
Brighton 0-1 (A)
Brighton 2-3 (A)
Wolves 1-1 (H)
West Ham (A) 1-3
Palace (H) 0-0
Southampton (H) 2-2
Arsenal (H) 2-2

Also knocked out of Europe by Sevilla when Jose had that rant about how great he was and the league cup by the might of Derby and Bristol City.

Josep Dowling

Jose was actively trying to sabotage the season last year and created a toxic environment before preseason even started all the way till his last game. Ole is giving his very best and has the team playing for him and has generally created a good atmosphere around the club.

With all that said there is absolutely no improvement if we look at things overall. Sure, signings have been better as have performances against top sides but the squad is far worse and so is the defence. That alone makes Ole's tenure terrible because he's actually trying his best to keep the job unlike Mourinho who was begging for the sack after the West Ham game early in the season.
How can you say this? Did those 11 player today look like they were playing for the manager?

You have also admitted Mourinho did a better job than Solskjaer even when he was trying to get sacked.

Ludens the Red

Keep seeing stuff like this but in the end football is about getting points on the board. What evidence is there to prove he has changed the culture at the club?

Apart from trusting load of youngster who simply aren’t ready at this level I have seen much difference to our previous manager. Our style of football hasn’t exactly changed.
I’m taking the piss :lol:

sunama

Baghdad Bob
You may be taking the piss, but there are some people who actually believe what you were saying as a joke.
Look at this...

His style of play wasn't to dominate teams and United also lost to plenty of games against "dross teams" under Jose and he was meant to be a top manager.
We finished 6th in Jose's first season, but won 2 trophies.
In this 2nd season he finished 2nd.
In his 3rd season - it was a car crash and he had to be fired.

To even try and argue that we have not gone backwards, is sheer stupidity. It's like arguing that 1+1=3, with a straight face.
The argument I am waiting for is that relegation under Ole, would be better than 2nd place under Jose (with some crazy logic to back it up).

Josep Dowling

We will not get relegated. We have lots of good midtable quality players around and got enough money to buy more.
I remember Newcastle United saying the same thing. We are managed terribly at all levels. Stranger things have happened. If we can only get results again 5 of the 19 teams in the league then there is every chance we could go down.

Fair play :lol:

always_hoping

You may be taking the piss, but there are some people who actually believe what you were saying as a joke.
Look at this...

We finished 6th in Jose's first season, but won 2 trophies.
In this 2nd season he finished 2nd.
In his 3rd season - it was a car crash and he had to be fired.

To even try and argue that we have not gone backwards, is sheer stupidity. It's like arguing that 1+1=3, with a straight face.
The argument I am waiting for is that relegation under Ole, would be better than 2nd place under Jose (with some crazy logic to back it up).
United under Jose in the league in his first season and last year August to December was every bit as mediocre as it currently is. So be it Jose with a top CV or Ole with the experience of the Norwegian league United are stuck in a rut and the problems at the club are more deep rooted than the manager.

Reiver

Football is similarly shit. Main difference is that atmosphere at the club and in press conferences isn't toxic. I suppose that's progress?