Devonte Redmond
Tosin Kehinde
Ollie Rathbone
Tyler Reid
George Dorrington
Lewis Thompson
Scott McTominay
Ruairi Croskery

Can only name Rashy, McTominay, Henderson, Tuanzebe, CBJ and Mitchell. Lad in the front left looks a lot like Brandon though

Edit: Actually second from front right might be Riley? I remember he played the first leg of that Midtjylland tie

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Demetri Mitchell started that season on fire. Watching that season back then, never would have guessed that Demetri Mitchell (before injury at the early stages in this season) would be predominantly used as a left back in his senior career.

Can only name Rashy, McTominay, Henderson, Tuanzebe, CBJ and Mitchell. Lad in the front left looks a lot like Brandon though

Edit: Actually second from front right might be Riley? I remember he played the first leg of that Midtjylland tie
That would be Jordan Thompson next to Kehinde. Versatile midfielder, and important player going into the season as we were short on options from midfield. I'd figure you would refer to the player next to Kehinde as the "the pensive looking bloke to Tuanzebe" but yeah that's Riley next to Tuanzebe. Use to love his chemistry with Rashford, but I've been more impressed with other full backs at academy level. U

Last edited:

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
In no particular order:

Dean Henderson
Axel Tuanzebe
Cameron Borthwick-Jackson
Joe Riley
Marcus Rashford
Charlie Scott
Demetri Mitchell
Devonte Redmond
Tosin Kehinde
Ollie Rathbone
Tyler Reid
George Dorrington
Lewis Thompson
Scott McTominay
Ruairi Croskery
McTominay, Dunne?, Borthwick-Jackson, Redmond, Scott
Rashford, Croskery, Dorrington, Henderson, O.Byrne?, J.Thompson, Reid
T.Johnson, Rathbone, Mitchell, Tuanzebe, Riley, Kehinde

Class of 63

Sourness
I know Ruari Croskerys family and he is a good kid. I thought he would make it. Last thing I heard he was playing on a scholarship in the states
I'd seen Ruairi play in the Victory Shield but wasn't sure he'd make it at United because of lack of opportunity as much as on ability, but I thought another Irish lad Jordan Thompson had a good chance, the kid loved a tackle and had a sweet left foot on him and wasn't surprised when Rangers signed him when he was released by United.

Just noticed that he's at Stoke City now.

Just had a quick nosey at Ruairi's twitter feed and he was at Asheville City SC in the fourth tier.

Last edited:

GenZRed

Scot has such a young face, even for a teenager in the photo.

As someone has already mentioned, lad on the front row on the left looks so much like Brandon Williams. I even had to google him to check his DOB to double check if that wasn't him.

Class of 63

Sourness
Tougher one, you'd have to be a keen follower of the FAYC over the years to name more than 4 or 5 from the 89/90 team featuring the late Adrian Doherty(on the front-row with the ball)who was rated higher than Ryan Giggs by some.

Mark Bosnich, Ryan Wilson, Darren Ferguson, ?? ??, ?? ??, Sean McAuley
?? ??, Craig Lawton, ?? ??, Alan Tonge, Adrian Doherty

lysglimt

Scout
Mark Bosnich, Ryan Wilson, Darren Ferguson, ?? ??, ?? ??, Sean McAuley
?? ??, Craig Lawton, ?? ??, Alan Tonge, Adrian Doherty
I think it's Paul Sixsmith and Jason Lydiate on top row - and from what I can figure out after an online-search it's Mark Gordon and Lee Costa as well

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I'd seen Ruairi play in the Victory Shield but wasn't sure he'd make it at United because of lack of opportunity as much as on ability, but I thought another Irish lad Jordan Thompson had a good chance, the kid loved a tackle and had a sweet left foot on him and wasn't surprised when Rangers signed him when he was released by United.

Just had a quick nosey at Ruairi's twitter feed and he was at Asheville City SC in the fourth tier.
Ffs he is better than that level. It must be his level of effort

Rasendori

Man Of Culture

IIRC Jordan Thompson had a good Milk Cup that year. United now have another promising Irish lad for the U18s, Charlie McCann, although I suspect you already know that.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Ffs he is better than that level. It must be his level of effort
USL League Two is a summer league for college students, it is the only league he can play in, in order not to lose his NCAA eligibility.

Apart from that though, history supports him just actually not being much better than that level. He was a fairly poor u18s player who got released. Went on several trials impressing on none of them. Took 6 months to find a new club ending up back in NI at Linfield where he couldn't get a game. Fell down to Warrenpoint where he also didn't get a game. Moved to the States to play D2, not even D1. Had a strong sophomore season and not particularly great in his junior or senior years. I know you have a personal bias for him but by all means, he just isn't that good of a footballer.

Class of 63

Sourness
IIRC Jordan Thompson had a good Milk Cup that year. United now have another promising Irish lad for the U18s, Charlie McCann, although I suspect you already know that.
He did but he struggled to get game time that season in his preferred position, though he did have a few games at left-back where I thought he did okay.

McCann was born in Coventry but switched to R.O.I after representing England at u16 level.

khoazany

Scott McTominay, Jimmy Dunne, CBJ, Devonte Redmond, Charlie Scott

Marcus Rashford, Ruari Croskery, George Dorrington, Dean Henderson, Oliver Byrne, Jordan Thompson, Tyler Reid

Travis Johnson, Oliver Rathbone, Demetri Mitchell, Axel Tuanzebe, Joe Riley, Tosin Kehinde.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
He did but he struggled to get game time that season in his preferred position, though he did have a few games at left-back where I thought he did okay.

McCann was born in Coventry but switched to R.O.I after representing England at u16 level.
Indeed, with a surname like that there's no doubt in my mind that he's Irish. I really like the style of McCann, noticeably different to that of Callum Wheelan, and Ben Pearson amongst others.

khoazany

Indeed, with a surname like that there's no doubt in my mind that he's Irish. I really like the style of McCann, noticeably different to that of Callum Wheelan, and Ben Pearson amongst others.
He's probably most similar to Levitt if we have to compare with a Carrington product.

Class of 63

Sourness
Yeah I quite like McCann in that deeper role once he got the hang of it, Whelan was more a continuity man that kept everything ticking over with a minimum of fuss, Pearson was all-action kicking anything that moved whereas McCann looks as though he could be developed into a quality DLP

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Tougher one, you'd have to be a keen follower of the FAYC over the years to name more than 4 or 5 from the 89/90 team featuring the late Adrian Doherty(on the front-row with the ball)who was rated higher than Ryan Giggs by some.

FA Youth Cup 1989/90
Semi-final v Tottenham Hotspur played at White Hart Lane on 4th April 1990.

(Back Row l-r) Mark Bosnich, Ryan Wilson, Darren Ferguson, Paul Sixsmith, Jason Lydiate, Sean McAuley

(Front Row l-r) Mark Gordon, Craig Lawton, Lee Costa, Alan Tonge, Adrian Doherty

United lost 0-2 and 1-3 on aggregate.

Red00012

Scott McTominay, Jimmy Dunne, CBJ, Devonte Redmond, Charlie Scott

Marcus Rashford, Ruari Croskery, George Dorrington, Dean Henderson, Oliver Byrne, Jordan Thompson, Tyler Reid

Travis Johnson, Oliver Rathbone, Demetri Mitchell, Axel Tuanzebe, Joe Riley, Tosin Kehinde.
Jimmy Dunne that’s with Burnley now I take it ?