14 years ago today

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
That night will stay with me for life.
It's a pity how far this club has fallen. Nights like these are what we deserve.

choccy77

It was a rubbish game though, United should have buried Chelsea, before Lumpy boy equalised.

Pity we couldn't have got 1 more Trophy in that first Barcelona final, that was there for the taking.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Can't watch that, makes me sad considering where we are right now :(

Man-United

Never thought it would be at least 14 years until we win it again, more likely 20+ now.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
It was a rubbish game though, United should have buried Chelsea, before Lumpy boy equalised.

Pity we couldn't have got 1 more Trophy in that first Barcelona final, that was there for the taking.
We're cursed in Europe, not unlike juventus.

Robin

The annoying thing was, because of Rangers trashing Manchester City centre we were denied a home coming victory parade. A league and Champions league double , it would have been a good one.

Chairman Steve

Us and Chelsea back then were like City and Liverpool are now.

I think that was the last season we’ve played that I can safely say we played awesome football.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I was at a Uni bar with a Scouse-supporting mate. He was giving it large all night. I’ll never forget the Terry penalty slip, and then seeing this guy go from sheer joy to being utterly deflated.

When we won the shootout, the entire place utterly erupted - apart from my mate who was sat there looking sullen, mumbling “Sit down, it’s embarrassing”. What a night.

Tarrou

If I recall correctly it was about 1 or 2 am by the time I got out of the ground, as they held the United fans back

the only bar we could find open was Hard Rock Cafe, stayed in there drinking until about 9am with everyone chanting non-stop for hours

amazing night!

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
There used to be a YouTube video that compiled some of the best teamwork plays of the 07/08 side. It was like watching football from a different planet compared to the current Utd team.

Such a shame the Rooney-Ronaldo-Tevez trio only worked 1 season. It had a lot of potential to be a devastating front 3 for multiple years. Same like Liverpool now enjoying multiple seasons of Salah & Mane and a 3rd supporting forward. Or Barca with MSN.

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If I recall correctly it was about 1 or 2 am by the time I got out of the ground, as they held the United fans back

the only bar we could find open was Hard Rock Cafe, stayed in there drinking until about 9am with everyone chanting non-stop for hours

amazing night!
You're absolutely right, it was early hours of the morning. I'll never forget moving towards the exit as JT stepped up, then he falls on his arse and at that moment I knew we'd win. What a feeling

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I always felt that you could judge some level of performance by the quality of kit you wear.

I loved the kits we were wearing during those 3-4 years.

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
99 was the more exciting of the two games but 08 was still a magical night for you guys.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
The Terry slip, I was ready to exit the pub as it was full of Chelsea fans. What a night. Can't believe it was 14 years ago

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

It was 06/07 that I tend to regret more. If not for basically our entire defence getting injured (and Ronaldo also struggling with an ankle injury) we would have been extremely strong favourites to beat Milan and then Liverpool in the final. We were the best team in the world that season and it's frustrating that injuries robbed us of what we should have won.

08/09 it would have been good to beat Barca but I find I can't regret it too much. It was still close between us, but they were on the start of their march to being probably the best footballing team of all time.

sparx99

I always felt that you could judge some level of performance by the quality of kit you wear.

I loved the kits we were wearing during those 3-4 years.
Confirmation and association bias I think. You remember kits more fondly because we won in them.

Green_Red

I think we were pretty lucky to have seem us win 2 and play in 4 finals. 99% of football fans have never seen their team even get into the CL, let alone win the thing. Plus, we seen it with two different teams/eras. Reasons to be cheerful.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Funny but the 99 CL final was a lot more memorable. I barely remember anything about this CL final other than Terry feckin up.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Funny but the 99 CL final was a lot more memorable. I barely remember anything about this CL final other than Terry feckin up.
Well when you hold it to that standard anything else pails in comparison.
The 99 cl win might have been the most extraordinary cl final ever.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The Liverpool comeback surely tops it.
I don't know , ours felt a lot more climactic considering that it also capped us winning the first British continental treble and I believe the first treble among the 4 major European leagues.
Not to mention "can Manchester United score? They always score " and "solskjaer has won it".

I'm sure Liverpool fans feel differently though.

Red_Aaron

That counter attack where tevez misses the diving header would've been one of the all time greatest cl goals

One end of the pitch to the other Rooney-Ronaldo-Tevez

I'm still gutted it didn't go in!

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
That counter attack where tevez misses the diving header would've been one of the all time greatest cl goals

One end of the pitch to the other Rooney-Ronaldo-Tevez

I'm still gutted it didn't go in!
Breathtaking scene, think it was also a pretty good save by Cech, right?

Judas

Open to offers
Mad that it was so long ago. Remember the trip to Moscow like it was yesterday, one of the my most special and cherished memories.

That 2006 to 2009 period was probably the last time our football was great to watch.

Giggsy13

The 08 team was one of the best and does not get enough credit. The league was difficult as well with strong Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool sides. We didn’t know how good we had it.

marktan

The 07/08 team was up there with any of the best sides I've watched over the last 20 years. Real, Barca, current Pool and City, they would've given them all a game.

Shame it only really lasted a single season. Tevez got benched for Berba, Hargreaves got injured, Brown got injured.. I really believe had we had the 07/08 final team available we would've won in 08/09 too.

Doubt I see a United team as good in my lifetime again.

RopersReturn

Beggars belief when you think how far we’re come from repeating a triumph of that magnitude. It almost feels as though the clubs been deliberately sabotaged in some weird sense.