18s at City

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson

All City in the first 10 minutes. As I write this, long ball to Norkett who pulls back to Nolan who forces a save.

On MUTV

lysglimt

Scout
All United in the last 5...and we have created a couple of big chances

lysglimt

Scout
Goal for United disallowed. Fredricson who put the ball in the net

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
We scored after a freekick - possibly offside as several United-players touched the ball before the goal

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Terrific chance for Norkett. Well done Oyedele to find him but Norkett just cant beat the keeper

ariel

Big miss by Norkett.
Terrible camera angle, can't really make what's going on.

And City scores

lysglimt

Scout
I would call it a decent group - many good players, but the best players are playing at the U21.

lysglimt

Scout
One thing that annoys me with our younger teams - is the lack of physical players. I get that we want players who are good with the ball at their feet - but it seems impossible for United to find players who are above 6' and good with the ball at their feet - while teams like Chelsea and City have 3-4 giants

lysglimt

Scout
Williams blasts over the bar from 7 yards out - should have scored

KjaAnd

A question for those with an insight on the academy. Whenever I watch City's U18, they seem to have the same clear identity as their PL team. Why don't we have that? Is it a deliberate choice not to lock players in on one particular rigid style of play or de we just lack the coaches and infrastructure to do it?

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
1-1 Williams beats the keeper at the near post after closing down the CB

bdecuc

A question for those with an insight on the academy. Whenever I watch City's U18, they seem to have the same clear identity as their PL team. Why don't we have that? Is it a deliberate choice not to lock players in on one particular rigid style of play or de we just lack the coaches and infrastructure to do it?
I've no particular insight but I doubt it's a choice by us? Just resources probably? I assume it's a fair amount to do with City pouring a shed load of money into their recruitment and securing the best players and coaches. Just like the first team. Relatively easier to coach excellence and cultivate a definite style of play when you've all the best tools.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Terrific from United. Fredericson with a peach of a cross headed in superbly by Norkett.

2-1

phelans shorts

One thing that annoys me with our younger teams - is the lack of physical players. I get that we want players who are good with the ball at their feet - but it seems impossible for United to find players who are above 6' and good with the ball at their feet - while teams like Chelsea and City have 3-4 giants
Those players all get moved up fairly quickly as they’re not going to learn much at this level no? Whereas because City etc… stockpile a lot more it means they won’t get a game with the 21’s as they’re playing alongside, well, 21 year olds.
We also have been changing manager fairly regularly, with no identifiable style in our first team it’s hard to have one with the youth team. It’ll come with Erik you’d think.

lysglimt

Scout
1-3 Nolan (pen) stupid by the goalkeeper who madly tried to stop the ball from going out for a corner and then drove straight through Musa

lysglimt

Scout
Williams wins a freekick in the 96th minute....hopefully that is enough

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
incoming post of how United were much an older team or how it was a case of United taking all there chances and City missing all of them.
Perhaps a bit of City not having there best players available.

Ace of Spades

What identity does our PL team have ??

Thiagoal

Who’s the big talent of this group?
I know Ethan Williams is very highly rated at United and considering he’s not yet turned 17 is definitely one to watch! I believe he has trained with the first team this week too!

stealthy

For all the concern I included have had at times about the relative merits of United and City academies United were much better side today, City seemed to lack creativity and the freedom in there play the United lads had. Thought Williams looked particularly promising

Remember the geese

incoming post of how United were much an older team or how it was a case of United taking all there chances and City missing all of them.
Perhaps a bit of City not having there best players available.
I look forward to all the excuses. Must be even more hurt now that Brentford have just beaten his boys too!