18s at City

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
incoming post of how United were much an older team or how it was a case of United taking all there chances and City missing all of them.
Perhaps a bit of City not having there best players available.
@Bigsid the least subtle city fan of all time

KjaAnd

What identity does our PL team have ??
Haven’t had one for years but feel like we’re progressing in that regard under EtH. Just don’t get why we haven’t tried to implement a clear style in the youth setup where results don’t matter as much and everything is about educating.

lysglimt

Scout
I know Ethan Williams is very highly rated at United and considering he’s not yet turned 17 is definitely one to watch! I believe he has trained with the first team this week too!
He is really good at running with the ball - and he is good with both feet. His passing and decision-making still isn't good enough, but I really like the fact that he seems to be picking up goals regularly now.

lysglimt

Scout
I like the fact that we have moved Nolan into midfield and let Kingdon take right-back. Nolan offers a lot going forward - but his defensive awareness is average at best. He had a good game today - but it came as no surprise that City scored from their left-side after Nolan had taken Kingdons position. I am 90% certain that Kingdon wouldn't have been fooled by the City-player prior to the 2-3 goal.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Good win for the lads.

Let's get a play style ingrained at first team level then everything else will follow and trickle down like a thread down the age groups.

Ace of Spades

You don’t think a consistent top 6 PL team has identity? Do people even think before they post these days.
If you don't have an answer, then it is best to not bothering to post pointless crap.

If you think we had a consistent style of play since SAF retired, then you need to take that advice of thinking a bit more before posting.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If you don't have an answer, then it is best to not bothering to post pointless crap.

If you think we had a consistent style of play since SAF retired, then you need to take that advice of thinking a bit more before posting.
You didn’t say consistent, don’t shift the goalposts. What you said is pointless, we’ve had plenty of identity even if you don’t like the identity. You could quite literally define each manager’s style of play, that’s an identity.

Ace of Spades

You didn’t say consistent, don’t shift the goalposts. What you said is pointless, we’ve had plenty of identity even if you don’t like the identity. You could quite literally define each manager’s style of play, that’s an identity.
You are the one who mentioned consistency, I simply asked a question. So no, not moving the goalposts.

And again, more pointless posting without actually addressing anything.

Beaucoup

We don‘t have a style of play, however if you put some of our lads into city’s team they would look fantastic

Bigsid

A cracking gritty performance and we turned up for once. We have underperformed all season so credit where its due that was a massive improvement. Not sure how anyone can argue we have competed with City over years at youth level and their better 18s didnt play but a tremendous improvement on the last few seasons. The question is can we keep it up as we have been well short in the majority of 18 and 21 games this season

Demaw

Look at their academy and stadium set up as the game is being played. :( Amazing stuff and then we see Carrington!!

khoazany

I like the fact that we have moved Nolan into midfield and let Kingdon take right-back. Nolan offers a lot going forward - but his defensive awareness is average at best. He had a good game today - but it came as no surprise that City scored from their left-side after Nolan had taken Kingdons position. I am 90% certain that Kingdon wouldn't have been fooled by the City-player prior to the 2-3 goal.
Nolan long term position is always a fullback so he will need to improve his defending if he wants to have future on the game.

jb8521

A cracking gritty performance and we turned up for once. We have underperformed all season so credit where its due that was a massive improvement. Not sure how anyone can argue we have competed with City over years at youth level and their better 18s didnt play but a tremendous improvement on the last few seasons. The question is can we keep it up as we have been well short in the majority of 18 and 21 games this season
Just saying credit where it's due isn't actually giving credit when you then go ahead & down play it in every way possible. It's pretty obvious that you're a City fan from how you post on here & multiple people have called you on it & myself & some others even know the Twitter account you used to post on because you were spouting the same bollocks on it so what exactly is the point of keeping up the act?

lysglimt

Scout
I would go so far as to say there are none - there are players who are dead cert in terms of ability - but injuries, mentality or other things etc makes it impossible to say for certain.

During my time many of the biggest talents have all gone to waste due to off-the pitch incidents. Rafael Burke who was a bigger talent than Giggs lacked the ambition and drive, Greenwood got arrested, Morrison got involved with a lot of other stuff.

I would say Mainoo and Garnacho are the only 2 I am pretty certain will make it -if they have a normal progression - but...IF - they are head and shoulders above everyone else in terms of ability. Look at Elanga - he was by far our best reserve-player if we go back 18 months - he will go far, but to be a regular at United ? Probably not.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Look at their academy and stadium set up as the game is being played. :( Amazing stuff and then we see Carrington!!
They still can't get a decent angle for tv cameras though! We have them beat there, at least.

bdecuc

They still can't get a decent angle for tv cameras though! We have them beat there, at least.
It's weird isn't it? Surely there has to be a platform somewhere there where City record their matches for analysis purposes etc?

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
I really like Aljofree and Oyedele. Williams is promising but needs to develop a tad more. He doesn't always make the right decision but he looks like he might just make it