19/20 PL Top Goalscorer?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
With the first round of fixtures almost up, the usual suspects are up and running after their exploits last season.

Sterling with 3.
Kane with 2.
Salah, Aubameyang (at the moment) and Aguero with 1.

Who will end with the golden boot this season then? Will it be one of the above or a surprise contender? Where will Rashford/Martial end up?

Bearded One

Salah will always be in the conversation. If Kane keeps fit he too will be in te conversation for top scorer.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Could see Jesus playing more this season so would not want to bet on Aguero. Kane, Auba, Sterling, Salah and maybe Mane should be up there. Aguero and Jesus will both get plenty. Would love to think one of ours but not sure that is realistic. Rashford should be our top scorer but anyone's guess how many he will get. I think he really needs a better midfield behind him.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Kane definitely if none of the contenders get injured. Sterling with his best chance to finish with a golden boot this season should Kane go to sleep for a few matches.

Salah in the conversation, though not like his record breaking season.

Supports
England
Salah's first season did turn out to be the complete anomaly that calmer heads expected. I'm not convinced he'll be a perennial competitor in any season featuring a fully fit Kane.

Hopefully that hypothesis will be tested this season.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
So hard to back Kane with those dodgy ankles. Having said that he could get injured and still win it given his goals per game ratio, which is the best ever in the league.

Usual suspects, Kane, PEA, Salah.

Havak

Pokemon master
I wouldn't be surprised if all of Kane, Salah, Sterling, Aguero, Aubameyang, Mane, Vardy, and maybe even Rashford got 20+ Premier League goals this season. They all seem like they could be well at it. Less so Vardy and Rashford, but Vardy is very good under Rogers and Rashford will play more minutes this season in more dangerous areas than he ever has you'd think (barring injury).

Just for reference, barring his first season in the Premier League with Leicester, Vardy has scored 24, 13, 20, and 18 goals in his four other PL seasons. He's definitely in with a shot if Leicester are as good as I think they'll be this season.

The Uncle of All Uncles

Sterling is a great player no doubt, but he still hasn't shaken off the inherent wobblyness/hesitancy in front of the goal. With the way Man City play and the number of chances that he gets he could be hitting Messi/Ronaldo numbers of 50 goals a season if he was far more clinical. As it stands I'd still expect 30+ goals from him this season and that would be amazing.

SirAnderson

Kane definitely if none of the contenders get injured. Sterling with his best chance to finish with a golden boot this season should Kane go to sleep for a few matches.

Salah in the conversation, though not like his record breaking season.
Not taking this piss here, but what does that mean?
If they do get injured then not definitely Kane?
:confused:

But on the thread, I also think Sterling will pip it ahead of Kane, with Salah on par or close 3rd.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Not taking this piss here, but what does that mean?
If they do get injured then not definitely Kane?
:confused:

But on the thread, I also think Sterling will pip it ahead of Kane, with Salah on par or close 3rd.
Badly worded on my part. I meant if everyone remains uninjured then Kane will still take the golden boot IMHO. If he gets injured for a period then he might struggle to catch up on lost ground.

Mike Smalling

Beans?

Seriously though, probably Kane if he stays fit. He is clinical and takes penalties. Think we might see a dip from Salah and Sterling misses a lot of chances.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Kane, Sterling or Salah. I'd be stunned if it was anyone else. Mane probably won't score as many as last season, Aguero will rotate more with Jesus and I'm unconvinced by Aubameyang and Arsenal.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Beans?

Seriously though, probably Kane if he stays fit. He is clinical and takes penalties. Think we might see a dip from Salah and Sterling misses a lot of chances.
What makes you think that Salah will miss chances? How much of a dip we talking here?

SirAnderson

Badly worded on my part. I meant if everyone remains uninjured then Kane will still take the golden boot IMHO. If he gets injured for a period then he might struggle to catch up on lost ground.
Ah gotcha.
Yeah its a tough one to call, but hard to disagree with Kane getting it.
He had a difficult time last season with some niggles throughout the campaign and ended up with 17, so its important he says fit if he wants a shot at it, but then again that applies to all the contenders as well.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Sterling will score 30+ league goals this season in my opinion. His movement and runs are comfortably the best in the league and he’s finally added a level of composure to his finishing over the last couple of months. He gets so many chances in most games, if he stays injury free I think he’ll win it.

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
If he played 32-33 matches, it'll be Kane. The only healthy season he hasn't won it was because Salah set the all time record.

If Kane has another serious injury (his ankles :nervous:), then my money would be on Aubamayeng.

OverratedOpinion

Aubemayang would be my bet if I was in a bookies. Pepe and Teirney should provide better service than he had last season. I feel Eriksen will be slightly unmotivated and that might knock a couple of Kane's total.

Jakob Knutzen

I’d give Rash a fair shot. We’re tuting to play attacking football, and it looks he is our penalty shooter as well. Let’s get him over the 20 goals mark lads

Supports
England
What makes you think that Salah will miss chances? How much of a dip we talking here?
Well, he's already seen a massive dip in goalscoring form since his anomalous breakout season. He just isn't really that clinical and his first season at Liverpool still has a lot of people hoodwinked.

He regressed to his mean last season and if he stays at his natural level, he'll be trounced by Kane, providing the latter can stay fit for most of the season.

(But I ultimately agree with your question. I don't see why Salah should drop off in scoring much more than he already did last season.)

If everyone stays fit all season, the only players I can see giving Kane any grief are the City boys through sheer volume of chances. That team creates so many chances that a profligate striker could hit 20 with ease -- and they have much better than profligate.

ValenciaRocks

I think ( and bloody well hope) that Martial will be a surprise contender. Once he settles in to that number 9 role again I think he can get at least 20 this season.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Rashford is going to step it up this year and score a lot of goals. And if he's our penalty taker now, that should add another 7 or 8 on top of that. Don't be surprised to see him in the running...

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Well, he's already seen a massive dip in goalscoring form since his anomalous breakout season. He just isn't really that clinical and his first season at Liverpool still has a lot of people hoodwinked.

He regressed to his mean last season and if he stays at his natural level, he'll be trounced by Kane, providing the latter can stay fit for most of the season.

(But I ultimately agree with your question. I don't see why Salah should drop off in scoring much more than he already did last season.)

If everyone stays fit all season, the only players I can see giving Kane any grief are the City boys through sheer volume of chances. That team creates so many chances that a profligate striker could hit 20 with ease -- and they have much better than profligate.
Mo Salah is a 4 season wonder at this point...

Panther

If Sterling keeps up his average goals per game record for this season, he'll end up with 114 goals. But that's unrealistic so I'll have to go with Kane with 27 goals. Sterling, Aguero, Aubameyang, Mane, and Salah to get over 20 too.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
KT will win it they long bursting runs into the box from left back