19/20 Valencia Player of the Year Prediction Thread

fallengt

Don't remember Valencia being brilliant at RB for us. He was passable.
Either my memory is playing trick or our standard has dropped so low. 'brilliant'

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Paul Pogba

For the Cristiano Ronaldo award - stays an extra season, plays well all season then leaves.

Wait that's a step too far
Plays well all season? I'll take that bet. No doubt he will put in some great performances, but in true Pogba fashion he will have some stinkers too. Especially when he comes up against someone who plays with heart...

Fıstıkçı Şahap

Must have missed that period where Valencia was brilliant at right back. He was average at best. He wasn't brilliant even as a RW let alone as a RB.

Anyway; the player who's ridiculed and can prove the doubters wrong of the season is one of Eric Bailly, Fred or Andreas Pereira.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think McTominay will step up this season. He had few good performances last season, he was also more confident in the final third and on the ball. This season I think he will step up and will play lot many games.

Apart from him, Rashford and Martial should step up and take more responsibility in the attack.

Red Royal

Corner Kick King of the Year award - or at least create a few chances. I reckon Dan James will get this. Will be nice to see a few corners leading to goals for our CBs.

Nickelodeon

Was Valencia (as an FB) ever as good as the OP suggests? I remember him to be such an average player who displays mediocrity every time he played but was never our worst problem. I was extremely happy when he left because that finally meant that we'll have a proper FB. Remembering games with Valencia and Young as our FBs gives me nightmares.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Was Valencia (as an FB) ever as good as the OP suggests? I remember him to be such an average player who displays mediocrity every time he played but was never our worst problem. I was extremely happy when he left because that finally meant that we'll have a proper FB. Remembering games with Valencia and Young as our FBs gives me nightmares.
He was consistently "good" in a team showered with shite. He ran like a madman on the right flank all by himself, and probably ended up killing his career a bit early due to it.

Defended quite well and always supported the attack but didn't really contribute much. A solid 6-7 out of 10 most weeks but never pulled up any trees. Summed up United of that 5 year period really.

Web of Bissaka

Was Valencia (as an FB) ever as good as the OP suggests? I remember him to be such an average player who displays mediocrity every time he played but was never our worst problem. I was extremely happy when he left because that finally meant that we'll have a proper FB.
Harsh. Recency bias -- remember more the later years where he was so.. rubbish.

2016/17 and early half of 17/18 -- he was awesome, well.. solid FB. Solid defensively and attacking consistently as we know him by and his trademark crossings. He gave us our only good right width up until Greenwood + AWB combo recently.

6 and 7 consistently, few games he was an 8/10.

Keefy18

2016/17 and early half of 17/18 -- he was awesome, well.. solid FB. Solid defensively and attacking consistently as we know him by and his trademark crossings. He gave us our only good right width up until Greenwood + AWB combo recently.

Kinda my thinking.

He was one of Moyes and LVG's best performers. Had the one solid season at RW for Fergie as well.

Absolute work horse, but by christ his delivery was shockingly bad!

He might of smashed the ankles of every left back in the land for a decade!

Nickelodeon

Maybe it was harsh. But do you recall the Rooney diagonal to Valencia which happened multiple times in a game and resulted in absolutely nothing. It almost felt like the opposition intentionally left him open. Plus it was always sad to see a winger converted into FB being better at defense.