19 children and 2 teachers killed in Texas school shooting (24 May 2022)

entropy

that is how every cop investigation goes "we've investigated ourselves and found no evidence of any wrongdoing." or they come back asking to hire more cops

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He said he never considered himself the scene’s incident commander and did not give any instruction that police should not attempt to breach the building. DPS officials have described Arredondo as the incident commander and said Arredondo made the call to stand down and treat the incident as a “barricaded suspect,” which halted the attempt to enter the room and take down the shooter. “I didn’t issue any orders,” Arredondo said. “I called for assistance and asked for an extraction tool to open the door.”

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Just seen John Oliver's episode on police in schools, what a disaster that policy is.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Just seen John Oliver's episode on police in schools, what a disaster that policy is.
There’s a high school near me that has multiple biometric safes around the school which house guns. Teachers / administrators who want to participate undergo serious training & assessment. The guns in the safes range from .45 caliber pistols to AR platforms.

Last edited:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
There’s a high school near me that has multiple biometric gun safes around the school. Teachers / administrators who want to participate undergo serious training & assessment. The guns in the safes range from .45 caliber pistols to AR platforms.
And what happens when the biometric devices fail?

This is why biometically actived pistols never took off. This stuff needs to be 100% reliable.

Last edited:

diarm

There’s a high school near me that has multiple biometric gun safes around the school. Teachers / administrators who want to participate undergo serious training & assessment. The guns in the safes range from .45 caliber pistols to AR platforms.
Imagine the type of education kids are getting from teachers spending time that could be spent on educational training, on weapons training instead. Teaching is a difficult and immersive enough job as is, without expecting them to be security guards on top.

It's actual insanity that this is reality in a country as developed as the US. Bona fide insanity.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Imagine the type of education kids are getting from teachers spending time that could be spent on educational training, on weapons training instead. Teaching is a difficult and immersive enough job as is, without expecting them to be security guards on top.

It's actual insanity that this is reality in a country as developed as the US. Bona fide insanity.
Said it in an earlier post, but it’s just a matter of time before a school makes it mandatory for its teachers to carry a gun.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Right, but those can fail too.
Most certainly, but potentially quicker than fumbling for a key or twisting a knob.

It’s apparently in just one school, don’t think it was adopted district wide. Anything like that in the offing up where you are?

Carolina Red

Staff
Most certainly, but potentially quicker than fumbling for a key or twisting a knob.

It’s apparently in just one school, don’t think it was adopted district wide. Anything like that in the offing up where you are?
Nothing concrete yet, but in a place like SC there’s always the possibility.
I think that before these safes fail, some teacher is getting his eyes gouged out or finger chopped by some psyco trying to get to the guns. That's the usual way to bypass biometric security in movies.
The way these things usually go, the bad guy is already outgunning the other folks anyways. No need to waste time getting a pistol out of a gun safe if you’re already rocking an AR.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Nothing concrete yet, but in a place like SC there’s always the possibility.

The way these things usually go, the bad guy is already outgunning the other folks anyways. No need to waste time getting a pistol out of a gun safe if you’re already rocking an AR.
There’s at least one AR in every safe, often more than one.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Files could be 'highly embarrassing,' involve 'emotional/mental distress,' it argues

If that's what it really, actually says, then you should just copy paste that into the list of reasons why we need to see it.