1993/94 double team

Tarrou

even with our full strength team we'd be about 5th/6th favourites to win the Champions League IMO

Milan were miles ahead of us

YNWAManUnited

The Milan team in 1994:

Rossi
Tassoti - Costacurta - Baresi - Maldini
Donadoni - Albertini - Desailly - Savicevic
Simone (or an ailing Van Basten) - Massaro

They embarrassed Barcelona in the CL final with half their team out injured or suspended. We had a great team in 1994 but we were never beating that.
I miss the early 90s football... That Milan team was a beauty and our team was really fun with some great characters.

TheReligion

Abusive
Think our team of this era is being a little bit underrated here if I'm honest. It had a togetherness and resilience that can often carry a team to European success. The best teams on paper aren't always the best teams.

stubie

Think our team of this era is being a little bit underrated here if I'm honest. It had a togetherness and resilience that can often carry a team to European success. The best teams on paper aren't always the best teams.
I would have to agree

Yes Milan and Barcelona set the benchmark in Europe but this was a United side that almost dominated everything that season domestically. Had we not had that crazy match with Galatasaray after being 2-0 up early on I question how much further that team would have gone that season.

I would like to think Semi Final at worst

TheReligion

Abusive
I would have to agree

Yes Milan and Barcelona set the benchmark in Europe but this was a United side that almost dominated everything that season domestically. Had we not had that crazy match with Galatasaray after being 2-0 up early on I question how much further that team would have gone that season.

I would like to think Semi Final at worst
Totally agree. English teams were already tactically at a disadvantage (thanks to Liverpool) and we were certainly behind in that sense however I think we would have gone further than some here suggest based on the squad winning mentality.