1996 72-10 Chicago Bulls VS 2017 Golden State Warriors 7 Game Series.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Lets have some fun.

Everyone knows how good the 96 Bulls were but the 2017 Warriors cleaned house and I dont think I can remember of another team dismantling teams In the playoffs the way they did.

Who do you all think would win a 7 game series between the two?

My pick? The Warriors. They have too many weapons and the Bulls don't have an answer for KD. I think they win in 7.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Is Steve Kerr playing or coaching or coaching whilst he's not playing and then playing when he's not coaching?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Your pick is the Warriors? That’s all he needs.
"And I took that personally"

And regarding the OP, the Bulls don't have an answer for KD? How about the Warriors don't have an answer for MJ??

A lot has changed between those eras, spacing wasn't as important, but the Bulls used the Triangle to great effect. Rodman dominates Draymond on the boards on both ends. Pippen picks up Steph from half court, MJ picks up Klay. Durant can iso all day. 4-2 to the Bulls. No disrespect to the Warriors obviously.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me

And regarding the OP, the Bulls don't have an answer for KD? How about the Warriors don't have an answer for MJ??

A lot has changed between those eras, spacing wasn't as important, but the Bulls used the Triangle to great effect. Rodman dominates Draymond on the boards on both ends. Pippen picks up Steph from half court, MJ picks up Klay. Durant can iso all day. 4-2 to the Bulls. No disrespect to the Warriors obviously.
Rodman doesn't dominate Draymond on both ends. Rodman was an extremely limited offensive player and Draymond Green was defensive player of the year.

SportingCP96

Supports

That’s a fair assessment for sure. I do think regardless of who wins it goes 7 games.

The warriors are way too good offensively and defensively plus there ball movement was second to none IMO.

Don’t underestimate Klay guarding MJ because klay is a very underrated defender I think.

In the end I do honestly think it can go either way. Personally I think the warriors because they would hit way too many 3s and out score them and KD would be getting close to 50 a game.

Then eventually they will have to double KD to which Steph and or Klay will be open and I trust them to make there shots more consistently then anyone on the bulls that’s not named Michael Jordan.

I would pay good money though to see this series actually happen! Would of been a hell of a treat!

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Rodman doesn't dominate Draymond on both ends. Rodman was an extremely limited offensive player and Draymond Green was defensive player of the year.
I mean on the boards. Not as in scoring buckets.

That’s a fair assessment for sure. I do think regardless of who wins it goes 7 games.

The warriors are way too good offensively and defensively plus there ball movement was second to none IMO.

Don’t underestimate Klay guarding MJ because klay is a very underrated defender I think.

In the end I do honestly think it can go either way. Personally I think the warriors because they would hit way too many 3s and out score them and KD would be getting close to 50 a game.

Then eventually they will have to double KD to which Steph and or Klay will be open and I trust them to make there shots more consistently then anyone on the bulls that’s not named Michael Jordan.

I would pay good money though to see this series actually happen! Would of been a hell of a treat!
Yeah there's no telling how the Bulls (or any other great team from that era) would have dealt with the 3 point threat from the Warriors side. The only big unknown for me. Especially when Steph and Klay and KD get hot... What do you do?

SportingCP96

Supports
I mean on the boards. Not as in scoring buckets.

Yeah there's no telling how the Bulls (or any other great team from that era) would have dealt with the 3 point threat from the Warriors side. The only big unknown for me. Especially when Steph and Klay and KD get hot... What do you do?
You cant really do anything and thats the scary part for me. They can legit let it rip from the logo and when they are hot the Warriors can drop 30 points in a 2 minute stretch.

Klay when he gets hot does not miss. This man got 37 in a quarter, Steph we all know what he can do, and KD is....KD.

Dan_F

That actually is a good point...

I’ll say back then because I love 90s basketball!
Would be interesting to see teams go back and play in that era. The obvious problem is how physical it was and lack of foul calls, compared to now. It’s the same argument as comparing a football team now to one from 30 years ago. Can you imagine Robson snapping KDB in two and the ref waving play on.

Then you also have things like sports science too.

Zen

Odd question really since the Warriors ultimately broke the game and used that initial momentum to be dominant. I highly doubt they'll ever reach the heights again as loads have caught on and more importantly, pretty much caught up. And, well, age....

So yeah, if you just simply time travel the two teams to meet in say 2000.... I'd say the Warriors would win, rather easily too, because it would absolutely bamboozle the Bulls how they are playing. But give the likes of Jordan and Pippen time to learn this new way and they would become stronger shooters themselves... just like others have done so.

SportingCP96

Supports
Odd question really since the Warriors ultimately broke the game and used that initial momentum to be dominant. I highly doubt they'll ever reach the heights again as loads have caught on and more importantly, pretty much caught up. And, well, age....

So yeah, if you just simply time travel the two teams to meet in say 2000.... I'd say the Warriors would win, rather easily too, because it would absolutely bamboozle the Bulls how they are playing. But give the likes of Jordan and Pippen time to learn this new way and they would become stronger shooters themselves... just like others have done so.
I think next season we will find out for sure if teams have caught up to them. This season does not count as they were injured and handicapped from the get and the only reason they lost to Toronto was too devastating Injuries.

The Dynasty may still not be over..5 straight finals and this season was a by year, Steph and Klay and Draymond will be fully rested and I have a feeling they will make some moves.