2 Senior Players Scrap At Training

sirAlexsglasses

Allegedly it was Lingard and Maguire, Ronaldo and Ragnick jd to separate them, Maguire got annoyed at Lingards attitude and his brothers comments. Lingard went to RR and said he can not wait to leave the club and didn’t want to be involved in the Palace game. Maguire started having a go and it ended up In a fight.

TheRedHearted

Allegedly it was Lingard and Maguire, Ronaldo and Rangnick jd to separate them, Maguire got annoyed at Lingards attitude and his brothers comments. Lingard went to RR and said he can not wait to leave the club and didn’t want to be involved in the Palace game. Maguire started having a go and it ended up In a fight.
where did you get this from?

RedDevilQuebecois

Allegedly it was Lingard and Maguire, Ronaldo and Rangnick jd to separate them, Maguire got annoyed at Lingards attitude and his brothers comments. Lingard went to RR and said he can not wait to leave the club and didn’t want to be involved in the Palace game. Maguire started having a go and it ended up In a fight.
I just saw the same thing, and it's Laurie Whitwell breaking the story.

Lingard deserves to be booed every time and everywhere his next club will face United starting next season. By the time we revamp our squad, I hope survivors of the upcoming squad purge will target Lingard on the pitch.

Withnail

Oh no! Not Lingard behaving like a 5 yr old. This can't actually be true, can it? :lol:

JB7

Lingard deserves to be booed every time and everywhere his next club will face United starting next season. By the time we revamp our squad, I hope survivors of the upcoming squad purge will target Lingard on the pitch.
Specifically where? Nothing in his newspaper or on his social media about Lingard and Maguire fighting.

GreatDane

If this is true... How can Lingard keep getting payed, how many games have he opted out of now? We pay him to train only, games optional?

Trequartistry

There’s no link to this? Sounds like utter crap you’ve read from a fake page

hobbers

I read a somewhat more believable one that said it was McTominay and De Gea.

copen1945

I am surprised that those who won't be under contract at the end of the season are still involved in the squad. This odd two-week break cannot be good for morale and must raise tension within the team. The squad should have been cut down to the minimum and just see out the last match.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
For them to be successfully sued for the story, the players in question would have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that no altercation took place. Even if it transpired that the "shocking scrap" was, in fact, only a minor argument their case would likely be thrown out.

The potential for serious legal ramifications for The Sun here is practically non-existent; if they knew who was involved in this fight I have no doubt they'd reveal it, and especially so if they knew it was one of the easy targets like Maguire.
If they say it was serious and it turned out to be a disagreement, naming them could open them up to defamation cases. At least that's what years in the business has taught me. My guess is they know and are waiting for something more juicy...

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Storm in a teacup - I remember Denis Law and John Fitzpatrick seemingly attempting to tear lumps out of each other during a game once. I think it was at Chelsea in the late Sixties or early Seventies... the ref had no idea what to do because there seemed to be no rule about fighting with a teammate back then. Had they been opponents, both, I 'm sure, would have been sent off

Red_toad

Yeah sure little man child Jesse started a fight with someone twice his size. Did you find that on twatter and decided you needed to share such a crock.

where did you get this from?
Probably made it up or read it on twatter.

cyberman

Yeah sure little man child Jesse started a fight with someone twice his size. Did you find that on twatter and decided you needed to share such a crock.

Shorter player start fights all the time? Tempers flare up and all that

Hoof the ball

:lol: Jesse is no fighter. shorter players try it when playing as there’s cameras and officials to protect them.
You have to consider the emotional context. Lingard would have been simmering over his not being given a send-off, compounded by his brother's statements, it's easy to see why something minor could have elicited an irrational reaction from him. In these circumstances it matters little whether the other person is bigger or not, because the nature of the reaction isn't logical or rational, but impulsive. Impulsivity doesn't necessary process size differentials in the moment.

sirAlexsglasses

Are you having a glass half empty kind of day? Any need for abuse for absolutely no reason? Right I was simply responding and saying what Fabrizio Romano had said on his channels. And what does it matter, are people not allowed to post anything that you do not agree with? And yes you are indeed right, in the history of violence there has never been an instance of a a smaller man starting a fight with anyone twice their size……what was I thinking.

oh and Laurie Whitwell us also stated this.

Last edited:

big rons sovereign

The fact that Neil Custis has his grubby little mitts anywhere near this 'story' tells me that it's 99.9% horseshit.

Red_toad

Are you having a glass half empty kind of day? Any need for abuse for absolutely no reason? Right I was simply responding and saying what Fabrizio Romano had said on his channels. And what does it matter, are people not allowed to post anything that you do not agree with? And yes you are indeed right, in the history of violence there has never been an instance of a a smaller man starting a fight with anyone twice their size……what was I thinking.

oh and Laurie Whitwell us also stated this.
Abuse?
Sheesh give your head a wobble!

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
If that's true harry is my new favourite player

Robertd0803

Maguire might have gotten some props back if that story is true.

If true Lingard should show up for training tomorrow to find his access to the car park revoked and all his gear in a bin bag outside.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
That's one scenario in which i can get behind maguire, hopefully he gave that little goblin lingard a good twatting.

Kellyiom

A question for guys who had been here before Fergie, was there any similar instances & then everything changed under Fergie?
I don't think so, been watching for 40 years. I've seen teams that lacked stamina or endurance, seen highly technical teams struggle and I've seen teams that just weren't good enough. Players will always have occasional clashes from time to time. It's a bit unrealistic to expect all the squad members to like each other, after all. I don't recall seeing the type of issues seen this season though where accusations of not trying or ambivalence are made. That is a new one, imo at least.

Hughie77

Perhaps it's a good thing, clear the air and get them playing . Crystal Palace is win needed. Bunch of gits need to get on with it.

Ralph1386

If this is true then Lingard shouldn’t even be on the bench next week.

Aouer-United

I don't believe the Sun news, but if there were any truth to it, I would think it'd be Lindelof involved in since he seems fighting his players publicly. Maguire, Matic and Bruno he fought before, some of them were saying on the pitch.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
We're not talking about an ongoing criminal investigation, so what's stopping The Sun (or any other media outlet) from just naming the involved parties?

Off the top of my head:

1) It's bollocks.

2) It's not 100% bollocks but ultimately not particularly newsworthy (if all details were known).

To put it like this, I doubt our infamous "leak" rang up The Sun and said: "Hey, get this - two high-profile first team players just tried to kill each other...but I can't tell you who it was."

roseguy64

Would it be because of his injury or because he wasn't playing anyway even when he was fit?

Man's been at this club forever. He hasn't been getting in the team forever even when fit.

Wouldn't you also ask yourself why a guy who never contributes gets a new contract to keep doing the same? It's not like we ever actually expected him to start playing again.

Lots of teams let injury prone players go as well, it's not a crime. And as I said Jones himself would have been better served leaving and finding a club that would actually play him when he is fit.
What the hell are you talking about? Jones was a regular player under LVG and Mourinho. He didn't always start but when fit he got lots of games. Until Solskjaer got the permanent job. He became a backup in Ole's first full season then got the injury that kept him out until the first half of this season.

Barring injury, Jones got lots of appearances when fit. There was a valid argument to let him go when he got his last contract but it wasn't regarding him not being picked. It was purely about his injuries not him being played as regularly as Lee Grant.