2 Senior Players Scrap At Training

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
McT or Jones are one of those for sure. One of them made reckless tackle and other player was angry because of that

Andersons Dietician

Fred walked in after watching the new Batman and mistook Maguire for the Joker and was triggered. Can’t blame him given some of the clown like performances from Maguire but that’s what I heard.

Tarrou

this thread needs more people to tell us fights are quite common in training

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
For fans of my vintage, remember that clip of Hartson absolutely full power kicking Berkovic in the head?

Amazed next to nothing came of that, as all jokes about "could have killed him" aside, that one really could have.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Considering it was Carrick and McKenna who were in charge of the training when Ole was here, what's the excuse for the shit show before Ralf came in? I despise these players.

Bloody norma, well below the levels those 2 had us underachieving with :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
In 3 months we'll hear about Hag's methods being light years behind Rangnick's.
It does seem to be a footy fan obsession with labelling something the best or worst ever.

The media had their Liverpool are the best team ever script out, yet probably don't even win the league!

Even if we do end up 7th, to match Moyes, THAT season was still worse with the position Moyes picked up from.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Well the one on the right is Maguire‘s silhouette and the one on the left looks like …. Steve McManaman. What’s he doing there, he shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near Uniteds training ground.

And neither should McManaman.
:lol:
I’d love if it Ralf poured fuel onto the fire instead, why not?

“yes, I told Luke Shaw that Harry Maguire had hidden his biscuits”
:lol:

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
In the 1980's Remi Moses (who was a particularly hard lad) and Jesper Olsen (who was not) had a scrap in training at the Cliff which left Olsen with a black eye.

A more interesting story was the one involving Peter Osgood and Dave Sexton when they were both at Chelsea. It was told to me by Frank Blunstone who was there at the time.

Apparently, manager Dave Sexton was unhappy with Osgood's off the field lifestyle. Eventually a very heated Osgood started having a go at the mild mannered Sexton. It led to Osgood pushing Sexton a few times and asking him outside to fight. At this point a player (I think it was John Hollins) and a coach intervened and pushed Osgood away. They led him out of the room with Osgood saying that he would 'get him' at a later time.

The coach casually mentioned to Osgood that Dave Sexton's grandfather was a bare knuckle fighter and hid dad Archie Sexton was a professional boxer with a really good career. Archie had ensured that all of his sons including Dave knew how to box. The coach who had seen Dave Sexton box when he was younger (apparently Dave had a couple of amateur bouts growing up) said to Osgood something like..."you're lucky you pushed him with everyone around, if you were on your own you would be on the floor with a broken nose!"

The word got around the Chelsea dressing room pretty quickly that Dave Sexton was a hard as nails.

A little later Sexton put Osgood on the transfer list and he went to Southampton.

Fights happen all the time in sport so not sure why this is even a story. The only thing that surprises me is the coach stopped the training session for everyone else.

DevilRed

Considering it was Carrick and McKenna who were in charge of the training when Ole was here, what's the excuse for the shit show before Ralf came in? I despise these players.

How is anyone even surprised?

We've literally got ted fecking lasso out there running the sessions.

If it wasn't so tragic you'd have to laugh.

SER19

How is anyone even surprised?

We've literally got ted fecking lasso out there running the sessions.

If it wasn't so tragic you'd have to laugh.
Ya that's it, buy the line given by these players again and again. The same coaches they were pissing and moaning about a few months back are now the standard they want. Solskjaer the teacher, mourinho the toxic bully, van gaal the dinosaur who made them watch videos, moyes the guy who tried to bring Everton to united. This is a culture now and posts like this sustain it on a fan level.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Men full of testosterone scrap in a masculine competetive environmnet. News at 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and 11.

This is just gossip, hardly newsworty

Glorio

Lindelof? No chance, too soft and weak
The man chased down and apprehended a criminal, I'm pretty sure he's not that week.

Seem to remember a pic Pogba posted of a cut he had from training with a caption along the lines of "don't mess with Lindelof in training" or something of the sort. A lack of proactivity or intensity on the pitch doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't go full on assassin-mode in a fight. :lol:

That reminds me... Remember when these players were all chummy with each other on social media, commenting on each others posts and occasionally having a bit of banter? Wonder what's happened there. To be fair, with the way the season's gone, that would not be received well!

dal

A lot of posters haven’t ever played team sports it looks like
I think they have but like me man utd is the second coming if holiness which can cloud a man but the i get the crooks of the matter as it were.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Obviously wasn’t Rashford, see a fight requires energy and he won’t do anything that requires that.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
For fans of my vintage, remember that clip of Hartson absolutely full power kicking Berkovic in the head?

Amazed next to nothing came of that, as all jokes about "could have killed him" aside, that one really could have.
Yea I remember that