2 Senior Players Scrap At Training

Welbeckham

De Gea is the least truculent guy to exist. And Elanga is the only opponent that fits the description.

Chairman Steve

Based on the fact that Luckhurst used the word ‘truculence’… a word I had to look up because I’ve never heard it used in common parlance, I wonder if he’s hinting at Ronaldo based on him using the word ‘polemic’ out of nowhere once. He must lurk these forums out of interest. Could be overanalysing obviously :lol:

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I simply cannot see Varane being in this kind of a situation
Putting up a fight? I can't see any of our players in this kind of situation except maybe Ronaldo and I simply can't see him risking all that money spent on face surgery being put under threat.

zbcrow15

Doctor MUFC on twitter said that it was Hannibal and Fred according to his sources. Unverified account though. I can't post media yet so I couldn't add it here.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I'd be very surprised if it was Elanga, judging from Ronaldo and Bruno making such a fuss of him after assisting recently I can only imagine he's well liked and professional.
Elanga was fecking shite against Brighton. Every bit as disgraceful as any of the senior players.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
All the cryptic riddles from someone who supposedly knows exactly who is involved makes it seem as if it's totally made up, designed to get his tweets some engagement.

Withnail

Doctor MUFC on twitter said that it was Hannibal and Fred according to his sources. Unverified account though. I can't post media yet so I couldn't add it here.
The thought had crossed me mind that, after his cameo against the scousers, if anyone was going to swing digs it'd be Hannibal.

mu4c_20le

Hannibal did not generate plaudits from supporters this season, only on the caf.

GoldanoGraham

all will be revealed at Ralf's next presser - if anything in fact happened then Ralf wont hold back

lsd

The Oracle
There's no way Ronnie is squaring up to anyone as he would just point at whoever it is and Bruno,Telles and Dalot would swoop down on them in a second.

Perhaps Sancho and Fred after a bad tackle?

LoneStar

Not sure. Just going off what was reported on here. Could just be a nonsense Twitter rumour looking at this

Highly doubt even Beanz is this stupid to start throwing a fit with one game to go. Would literally gain nothing from it, except potentially bad press for himself.

lsd

The Oracle

That would make sense especially as it would be typical of us that one of our best players this season is a guy who played a couple of minutes.

It certainly isn't Maguire and Lingard that is as fake as Trump won the election

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Again: Why not just name the players?

It would generate far more clicks, you'd think.

(Unless it was Hannibal and Fred - see above - 'cause who cares about that).

Dante

Average bang
Again: Why not just name the players?

It would generate far more clicks, you'd think.
Not really. The story would have been dead in 24 hours if the two people had been named.

Instead, by showing ambiguous silhouettes and posting debate-encouraging clues, The Sun have kept the nonsense going for significantly longer.

United's online fans love drama. Especially when they can assign their favourite scapegoat to one of the guilty party.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Not sure. Just going off what was reported on here. Could just be a nonsense Twitter rumour looking at this

What a load of bollocks. :lol:

Supposedly written by a journalist and they can't spell "separate" and are using expressions like "both the players" and "having a go at".

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Not really. The story would have been dead in 24 hours if the two people had been named.

Instead, by showing ambiguous silhouettes and posting debate-encouraging clues, The Sun have kept the nonsense going for significantly longer.

United's online fans love drama. Especially when they can assign their favourite scapegoat to one of the guilty party.
Yes - but what's the end game, then? To eventually reveal that it was Ronaldo and Maguire (but they've somehow managed to keep a lid on it)?

I mean, feck knows - but to me the fact that this was initially published the way it was indicates that it's essentially a non-story.

If The Sun had learned about two high-profile (very clickable) players engaging in handbags on the training ground, I think they'd gone with precisely that - rather than being vague about it.

Last edited:

Dominos

Yes - but what's the end game, then? To eventually reveal that it was Ronaldo and Maguire (but they've somehow managed to keep a lid on it)?

I mean, feck knows - but to me the fact that this was initially published the way it was, indicates that it's essentially a non-story.

If The Sun had learned about two high-profile (very clickable) players engaging in handbags on the training ground, I think they'd gone with precisely that - rather than being vague about it.
Whoever has told Custis has most likely asked him not to name them. Journos have to respect the wishes of their sources otherwise they won't feed them any more info in future.

It is a non-story in that it's probably just a scuffle over a late tackle or something silly. But I don't think the severity has anything to do with the players not being named.

The fact Luckhurst has backed up the story indicates it's not fabricated.