20/21 Youth Intake thread

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
It's very difficult for me to compare him with anyone at the age of 15. But all I'll say is that from that one game he showed very good ability on the ball and even played some raking 50 yard balls up field with good accuracy but also got a few wrong too which is normal for a kid his age. He also had a great leap on him and won a few headers which caught my attention. The opposition was Troyes who didn't seem particularly good but nevertheless it was evident to me at least as to why United are pursuing a deal for him.

The full link to the match in question if anyone is interested. Kambwala was only 15 when this match was played in January 2020. Kambwala is playing for Sochaux in the white kit and is the #5 in their back line.

I whizzed through the video as it was annihilating my monthly allowance but you can definitely see glimpses of quality in the lad, and it's no surprise ourselves and Liverpool are taking a keen interest in him.

Beaucoup

We don't have to, but hope we do as we won't be able to sign players from Europe after this window because of Brexit.
We can’t sign 16 year old’s because they have pro contracts pinned to their deal, we can sign 18 year old’s on pro contracts.

Beaucoup

Pro contract started at 17 in the past so assume it still does at I haven't seen anything saying they have changed the rules.
Yes I know, but overseas players at U16 come over with a guarantee of a pro contract. I presume it will be written into their contracts

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Yes I know, but overseas players at U16 come over with a guarantee of a pro contract. I presume it will be written into their contracts
I understand that is the carrot to get them here in the first place. Depending on age:

1 + 1
1 + 1
2 + 2

etc

I think it's legal/possible to get them here on a two year scholarship with no guaranteed pro deal on offer...but few really good kids would accept that and other clubs would just step in with a guaranteed pro deal anyway.

Be interesting to see how all the new kids integrate and perform this year.

jb8521

Oh right, wasn't Radoslaw Sewerys rated higher of the two? Notice he's still has 3 years left on his contract at Korona Kielce.
Not sure who was higher rated but Sewerys signed a pro deal with his club a few months ago & was involved with their senior team in preseason so I'd say you're right

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Not sure who was higher rated but Sewerys signed a pro deal with his club a few months ago & was involved with their senior team in preseason so I'd say you're right
Oh no you'll know more about the comings and goings re. youth football and trialists at United, I just remember Radoslaw's name from a match report from a Poland u15 match(in Polish)that I stumbled across before Mateusz Lipp and he came over, and Manchester United's name being mentioned nearly every time the lads name was mentioned.

jb8521

Oh no you'll know more about the comings and goings re. youth football and trialists at United, I just remember Radoslaw's name from a match report from a Poland u15 match(in Polish)that I stumbled across before Mateusz Lipp and he came over, and Manchester United's name being mentioned nearly every time the lads name was mentioned.
I've only ever seen the 2 of them play in 1 game for Poland u16s but yeah Sewerys looked the more commanding & well rounded while Lipp looked a bit lacking in pace

jb8521

Any news on Sewerys coming over for a 2nd trial, which isn't unusual, or have we moved on to other targets?
I'd be surprised if we're still in for him since he signed his professional deal in July which I wouldn't think he would have done if we'd shown any more interest