20/21 Youth Intake thread

Redhalle

I've heard the 18's are back in from 27th July so should become clearer then.

Mark Pawelek

I was under the impression United has also signed: Isak Hansen-Aaröen, Marc Jurado, Alvaro Fernandez; but those 3 are not confirmed. Plus United normally sign from 12 to 15 academy players each season. I think we can expect another 4 to 7 announced at some stage.

dutchred

I was under the impression United has also signed: Isak Hansen-Aaröen, Marc Jurado, Alvaro Fernandez; but those 3 are not confirmed. Plus United normally sign from 12 to 15 academy players each season. I think we can expect another 4 to 7 announced at some stage.
But these are all not for the under 18.

khoazany

Yeah the next year U16s likely will have 10+ players getting scholarships without even any signing. Don't think we'll sign more than 2 more than those we have signed. We are already signed alot this year.

khoazany

So at the moment the Youth Cup XI will look sth like

GK
Hughes/Jurado - Fish - Hardley/Pye - Carreras
Svidersky - Aaroen - Mejbri
Shoretire - Hoogewerf - Sotona/Wellens/Emeran

Certainly interesting, with many options on the bench like Mejia, Iqbal, Hugill, Forson etc. Some depth there.

lenny_1248

Omari Forson is the most intriguing player in the last years. Truly don't know what to expect of him.
ps it's actually his birthday today)

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I think with Jurado, Isak and Carreras touching down in UK, that more or less confirms our recruitment for u23 and u18.

Other possible additions could be Kambwala, McNeil and that striker from u23 who's been on trial for the last two matches.

Bondi77

I think with Jurado, Isak and Carreras touching down in UK, that more or less confirms our recruitment for u23 and u18.

Other possible additions could be Kambwala, McNeil and that striker from u23 who's been on trial for the last two matches.
What is his name?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Any idea on his background?
Free agent last at Yeovil. The youngest debutant for them but only ever made the 2 appearances for them. Spent a short time on loan in the 7th tier. I believe he is meant to be a fast and small, about 5’5 or so.

We’re a bit short at the striker position for the u23s so seem to be looking at a stopgap to fill the numbers for the season.

lysglimt

Scout
I found this if it interests anyone;
Not saying he is good enough - but he certainly look he has some qualities judging from that video. Oh and I have seen reports stating he is 5'10 - not 5'5

KM

Wikipedia(not the most reliable obv) says he's 5'11!
Certainly doesn't look like 5'5 in the vid.

KM

So only two spots remain in U18. Any predictions if they'll be filled and who'll fill them?

I'm going with obvious options of Kambwala and McNeil.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I watched a full game of Willy Kambwala last week and he looks a real prospect. Was only 15 at the time but very powerfully built but most importantly he was excellent on the ball.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That's probably more than most. Any current/former players you could compare him to playing style?
It's very difficult for me to compare him with anyone at the age of 15. But all I'll say is that from that one game he showed very good ability on the ball and even played some raking 50 yard balls up field with good accuracy but also got a few wrong too which is normal for a kid his age. He also had a great leap on him and won a few headers which caught my attention. The opposition was Troyes who didn't seem particularly good but nevertheless it was evident to me at least as to why United are pursuing a deal for him.

The full link to the match in question if anyone is interested. Kambwala was only 15 when this match was played in January 2020. Kambwala is playing for Sochaux in the white kit and is the #5 in their back line.

jb8521

I watched a full game of Willy Kambwala last week and he looks a real prospect. Was only 15 at the time but very powerfully built but most importantly he was excellent on the ball.
He captained Sochaux u19s last weekend as well even though he only turned 16 a few weeks ago

jb8521

Mateusz Lipp( Ruch Chorzow/Poland) who was on trial 5/6 months ago along with Radoslaw Sewerys might be one of the two if United are not prepared to pay what FC Sochaux want for Willy Kambwala.
I'm fairly sure he's signed/signing for Schalke

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He captained Sochaux u19s last weekend as well even though he only turned 16 a few weeks ago
He's playing above his age group which shows how highly he's thought of. Even in the game I watched when he was 15, he was playing with players like Skelly Alvero who is 2 and a half years his senior.

If he's the captain already of the u19s at the age of 16 then it shows what a talent he is for his age.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Hopefully it'll be Willy.. It's high time we nabbed a highly rated French CB for the youth team after some close shaves.