duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Starts today.

Anyone else gling to watch this?

Todays agames are:

Nigeria v France, GpA, 14:00
Germany v Canada, GpA, 17:00

Seems to be a lack of coverage on TV. The first two games are on Eurosport today and England's game are on the BBC (the red button thingy).

Twisted_Woody

Scout
Come on Canada!!!!

Its only 2-0 down to the Champions....its still good its still good...

MG

nice to see that not everyone is a sexist, prejudiced neanderthal.
A lot of male football fans are.

I've watched plenty of women's football and there are some pretty damn good female footballers out there actually. As a female football fan I should probably watch more women's football, and I do intend to.

Problem is a fair amount of men are just so threatened by it.

alastair

ignorant
A lot of male football fans are.

I've watched plenty of women's football and there are some pretty damn good female footballers out there actually. As a female football fan I should probably watch more women's football, and I do intend to.

Problem is a fair amount of men are just so threatened by it.
In fairness, I don't think any male really feels threatened by female football. The level is probably lower than any professional male league.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Don't be a dick.

Anyway, Germany posed for Playboy. Definitely not men.
Ahem...

This really was a double take for me...I think they are supposed to be the women's football team but it's really hard to tell...

It seems to be a given fact that many, many lesbians out there love football/soccer - if it is played by women.
And tomorrow will be a good chance for all the girls who are able to receive Germanspoken Television, to watch some good women playing football.

The German National Women's Football Team will play against the girls from Switzerland and it is about nothing less than the Qualification for the EM (European Masters).
Eyecandy ahead! | eurOut - European LesBian News in Entertainment and Politics

Twisted_Woody

Scout
Ahem...

This really was a double take for me...I think they are supposed to be the women's football team but it's really hard to tell...

Eyecandy ahead! | eurOut - European LesBian News in Entertainment and Politics
Germany Women’s World Cup Team Pose For Playboy (Video) | CaughtOffside

Regardless of that I just finished watching Canada play Germany. Great match. Every WC the standard seems raised. Canada had a good chance at nicking a draw but they really need to work on their finishing overall.

On another day they could have taken it.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!

Twisted_Woody

Scout
Which proves exactly my point...
I don't really know why I'm posting issues of playboy to justify why you should watch womens football.

If all you want is eye candy then use google.

I'm amazed by some of the views regarding women's football....its 2011 FFS not 1950.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
The quality of women`s football is awful........i'm not even sure you can class it as a sport...........i would rather watch a U 15 game between
Liverpool vs Manchester City than women`s football.

A decent pub side would probably win the women`s World Cup.

alastair

ignorant
The quality of women`s football is awful........i'm not even sure you can class it as a sport...........i would rather watch a U 15 game between Liverpool vs Manchester City than women`s football.

The thing is - this post will be regarded as sexist, but it's absolutely true.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
The point I'm making is that women athletes dress like women athletes different clothes and stuff. Same with women tennis players etc You're in no doubt you are watching women playing the sport. Even with stuff like showjumping, although they dress in a similar fashion, you know whether you are watching a man or a woman on a horse.

They shouldn't be ashamed of being women such that they need to dress & look like men to play the sport, its the same with women's cricket.

I'm not debating the standard of play, just the fact they they don't differentiate themselves, almost like they don't want to be seen as women.

I'm not criticising them as sports women or the legitimacy of the competition.

Does this make any sense?

Laphroaig

"I'm not even sure you can class it as a sport"

That's the equivalent of saying that music you don't like isn't music, and only brainless twats do that...

Colin has to be on a wum.

Laphroaig

Are you sure? In women's football, 50 yard lobs are scored in seemingly every game because the keeping ability is so bad. For obvious reasons, chesting the ball down is off limits too. It's dire.
David James:
Years ago when I first watched women's football I must admit that it was frustrating to see – players were shooting from 40 yards out and scoring, as the keepers struggled to cover the full-size goalmouths. These days, however, there appears to have been an evolutionary shift in the physique of the women in goal – Siobhan is very tall, and the Arsenal keeper, Emma Byrne, is Van der Sar-esque in build. That shift ties in with what is happening across the game: the players are fitter, faster and more skilful than four or five years ago. The game is certainly on the up.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
The thing is - this post will be regarded as sexist, but it's absolutely true.
To be honest it`s just true.

This says everything........
The U 15 team of Osnabruck (3.Bundesliga) have played 1-1 against the german women`s nationalteam in a friendly.
The U 15 of FC Cologne have beaten 3-1 the german women`s nationalteam in a friendly.
...................................i´m not sure a Redcafe team would beat San Marino but we could win the women`s World Cup. :)

phelans shorts

To be honest it`s just true.

This says everything........
The U 15 team of Osnabruck (3.Bundesliga) have played 1-1 against the german women`s nationalteam in a friendly.
The U 15 of FC Cologne have beaten 3-1 the german women`s nationalteam in a friendly.
...................................i´m not sure a Redcafe team would beat San Marino but we could win the women`s World Cup. :)
That's like the old Stoke vs Barcelona argument, such results can come about from brute strength.

kf

That's just a load of bollocks, it's easily up there with league 2/Blue Square games.
I was told that before the last world cup, the German women's team who eventually won it played a warm up match against an under 16 boy's representative eleven. They got stuffed.... on the football field that is.

MG

In fairness, I don't think any male really feels threatened by female football. The level is probably lower than any professional male league.
Threatened by the idea of women getting into football because it's new to them and they don't understand it.

Not all men of course, just some.

MG

The quality of women`s football is awful........i'm not even sure you can class it as a sport...........i would rather watch a U 15 game between
Liverpool vs Manchester City than women`s football.

Ridiculous over-exaggeration from a highly sexist pre-determined view.

Yes, it's nowhere near the same level (mainly because girls aren't brought up to train anywhere near the level boys are, and then later women have nothing like the training abilities available to them, or the enormous amount of money pumped into it to improve training), but it's not that bad.

I've been impressed by plenty of female footballers in the past, some of them aren't half bad, and you know it.

Mick1991

I watch it now and again. I think the lack of power is what turns most blokes off watching it. Some great skills though.

MG

Fact is, if it was given more exposure, more money, if girls were encouraged to pursue football to the same amount and level as boys, the quality would go way, way up.

Our school didn't even have a girls football team until Year 10, whereas boys had one from Year 3.

The reason the quality is not the same level is because so many people neglect it and push it to the sides - with a bit more exposure and some assistance, we could see some pretty good women's teams.

I'm not saying it would get to the same level as men's football, I know it won't, but it would get a heck of a lot better.