2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Melania Trump the ultimate golddigger now? She is actually gonna be first lady.

Abizzz

Any tipp's as to which company may get the contract to build that wall?

Untied

I think it will be a wait and see. I hope he won't be as bad as some think

And obviously America doesn't agree which you have to accept. Having your attitude is one of the reasons there was such a significant amount of silent trump fans
Wait and see? Take one of my particular concerns, climate change (a concern which should be a key issue at every election). Unless Trump does a complete 180, the second largest emitter of greenhouse gases has just elected a climate change denier. Honestly this one election result is enough to torpedo any attempts to limit climate change to "safe" levels. We don't have 4 years to spare. Carbon budgets are rapidly being consumed. We were well on track to locking in 4°+ of warming before a Trump presidency. This feels like the nail in the coffin. What that means for the future of the planet, our food production, unprecedented movement of people etc is pretty terrifying. On the plus side, just maybe it is far enough in the future that we will be dead.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
In his defense, he has managed to create and lead a successful business empire, but the positives stop there. My biggest concern is his apparent lack of any moral fiber closely followed by his non existing political platform.

DNC must feel pretty fecking stupid now, seeing as they ostracized Bernie and basically rigged the primaries in favor of Hillary
He inherited an enormous amount of capital at a time when it was almost impossible not to spectacularly grow that capital, with just a modicum of good advice. And he's been voted in by people who feel angry about wealth accumulating upwards. The mind boggles.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
It's not just trump.

It's trump with a majority in the senate and congress.

adios, Paul Ryan?

pjaya

As a non us citizen

The election show me that
It's ok to be bigoted
It's ok to demeaning women
It's ok to be racist
It's ok to not pay taxes

Well done USA

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Wait and see? Take one of my particular concerns, climate change (a concern which should be a key issue at every election). Unless Trump does a complete 180, the second largest emitter of greenhouse gases has just elected a climate change denier. Honestly this one election result is enough to torpedo any attempts to limit climate change to "safe" levels. We don't have 4 years to spare. Carbon budgets are rapidly being consumed. We were well track to locking in 4°+ of warming before a Trump presidency. This feels like the nail in the coffin. What that means for the future of the planet, our food production, unprecedented movement of people etc is pretty terrifying. On the plus side, just maybe it is far enough in the future that we will be dead.
@Randall Flagg has kids. And finds this "funny".

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Thing is there is no law that says we can only have two parties. In fact we have many political parties. Just the other ones don't get support. And what support they get people usually complain about since it "takes away from one of the major party candidates".
But in the end you have to vote for democrats or republicans as they're the only elected parties, right? It's a shit system that needs to be reviewed.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Trump literally made all the mistakes a candidate can make and he did them over and over again.
Its clear people are tired of how politicians try to stick to a script and not just act like themselves tbh.
Not that I back Trump btw, just an observation. Better people know who you are and what you really think than the usual crap politicians say and do.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
It's not just trump.

It's trump with a majority in the senate and congress.

adios, Paul Ryan?
He has already called Trump to congratulate. Don't think Trump will blow up the GOP now. He won't favor those who were against him but he will let the establishment pass the stuff they want to.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
The rest of the world seems to be shaking their heads disapprovingly and looking down on the Americans for this. I might have joined in, except here in NZ we left National and John Key in power by a way bigger margin.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
That has never been nor will it ever be the case. If you are a politician and can rise that high up, you are a power hungry, manipulative person who is willing to do plenty for the sake of those powers. It's just a question of degrees. The idea that people genuinely think her behaviour is so shocking and that there is someone out there who will come in in his shiny armour to save the day is no less ridiculous than believing in Santa.
I know I'm open to accusations of naivety, even stupidity, but at the moment I'm going with what I feel. I couldn't be happy with a Hillary victory and, loath though I am to say I'm happy with President Trump, I can't deny it feels good to see Hillary and her ilk be rejected so starkly by the people. As you say with elected politicians it's a question of degrees; and if this seismic event means we start to see even an incremental shift towards substance over style, an unpicking of career politics and a re-establishing of what is an acceptable proximity between elected leaders and monied elites then that would be a huge positive from what is a pretty shocking result.

Again if you're worried for yourself and your family over the next few years I'm sorry and I'm not looking to rub your noses in it, I'm just trying to see the positives in Hillary's worldview getting turned upside down in such a way.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hilary conceded privately, but couldn't be asked to face her supporters....

Hal9000

It's what the DNC gets for rigging their primaries and running a smear against Sanders. Honestly don't think Trump would of beaten Sanders.

Wittmann45

Hilary has been working towards this moment for two decades. She lost out in a previous primary race when she was a comfortable favorite, she almost lost this primary process, but got through it and all the numbers were pointing to a comfortable victory. Obama's approval rating has been soaring and she must have been so convinced she was winning. She won the debates comfortably, her campaign was extremely well run and her entire party supported her, yet she lost out to a lunatic reality tv star who headed a divided party and whose campaign seemed to be in ruins at times

She probably already planned out the first year of her presidency.

But now comes that moment when you realize that people just don't like you and politics on a national scale isn't really your thing

Status
Not open for further replies.