2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Trying desperately to see the light at the end of the sewage pipe, we have always had to take a few step backwards after a 'forward step' period of social progress. The liberal 60s begat Reagan and Thatcher, rather than everlasting hippy love, after all. Bill Clinton led to Bush, and Blair to Cameron. The jubilation of Obama's election was always going to create a reaction of sorts, we just never thought it would be this bad. The biggest worry is that we've taken 50 years worth of steps back, rather than just the obligatory two.

The two curators of western civilisation over the last 300 odd years, have both shit the bed at once. All we can hope is that this galvanises the next generation of progressives in the same way Obama (+ Fox/Trump/Sun/Mail/Murdoch et al) apparently galvanised the disenfranchised paranoid white cnuts who've yanked us back into the mid-20th century.

Its possible. As long as theres still a democracy to allow it, of course.

Swaters16

Yep. Any halfway respectable democrat candidiate would have won this race at a canter. Bernie would have played him like a fiddle. The only thing that has allowed Trump's numerous scandals to sneak by is that Hillary is a crook herself.
Nope, I think you're seriously underestimating Trump here.
It's possible someone like Bernie would have done a better job, but he wasn't even necessarily popular enough to get past Clinton.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
It's short by 105 votes. The big swing states won't sign on to it. Why should they reduce their clout and financial incentive from money pouring in every 4 years in ads?
Just saw there's pending, but not passed legislation for it in... PA and MI. Final knife twist.

Sliver of light - Reid machine got Cortez-Masto in. Not that that's much consolation.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Yep. Any halfway respectable democrat candidiate would have won this race at a canter. Bernie would have played him like a fiddle. The only thing that has allowed Trump's numerous scandals to sneak by is that Hillary is a crook herself.
She should have campaigned on policy.

Instead she acted like the sun shone out of her arsehole and it was easy for Trump to prove otherwise.

Red Stone

Just woke up. What the feck is going on?

Genuinely scared for the first time in quite some time.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
How could the polls have missed Wisconsin so badly? What the actual feck? She was so far ahead and she's being walloped there.

bleedred

And we have the nerve to tell everyone that you are better off with a democratically elected leader...

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
PA remaining votes are Pittsburgh*, she is holding onto a big lead in NV, and let's assume she takes MI which is tightening. He has Alaska, AZ and a ME district (total=15) to make it 269. He then has to win NH to take it.

Edit: they came in and it's tied now, with 5% of the vote left. No idea where.

December_16

So polling error of about 2-3% killed her in swing states. 538 had her down 2-3% following Comey. She could have withstood that error margin without the comey thing.
I don't want to get into the mathematical weeds about polling error and stuff, but I just don't think the Comey stuff mattered that much in the grand scheme of things. With or without the Comey thing, people still have made up their minds about who to vote for and the outcome will be just like this. Just my feeling though.

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a
I'm quite enjoying some of these commentators freaking out. Maddow in particular seems like she is about to cry. Same with Dana Bash on CNN.
Same with Cenk from The Young Turks, had to turn it off.

I'm glad Clinton will lose, tbh. Trump is a piece of shit but Hillary has helped destroyed countries.

Silva

Trying desperately to see the light at the end of the sewage pipe, we have always had to take a few step backwards after a 'forward step' period of social progress. The liberal 60s begat Reagan and Thatcher, rather than everlasting hippy love, after all. Bill Clinton led to Bush, and Blair to Cameron. The jubilation of Obama's election was always going to create a reaction of sorts, we just never thought it would be this bad. The biggest worry is that we've taken 50 years worth of steps back, rather than just the obligatory two.

The two curators of western civilisation over the last 300 odd years, have both shit the bed at once. All we can hope is that this galvanises the next generation of progressives in the same way Obama (not to mentionthe Fox/Trump/Sun/Mail/Murdoch empire et al) apparently galvanised the disenfranchised paranoid white cnuts who've yanked us back into the mid-20th century.

Its possible. As long as theres still a democracy to allow it, of course.
Vox suggested that Clinton/Trump is the last gasp of America's baby boomers - They suggested that Obama was the first Gen X president and that following whoever wins this Gen X will be the dominant political force. That's the only thing giving me hope, that old people will die. Sad, isn't it?

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
The media have been so wrong about this from day 1. Hillary is/was a fundamentally weak candidate.
She and her political ilk are disgusting.. all over the world. Everyone can see it now in the age of the internet. What are the chances that four of the best candidates to lead a country in one lifetime happen to be father and son, and husband and wife. Seeing them all lose collectively to Donald fooking Trump is brilliant.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Didn't see this coming last night. Jesus, what is happening the world?!

A question: the mood seem quite down about Trump so how is this possible? Are the democrate's simply sitting at home?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
She and her political ilk are disgusting.. all over the world. Everyone can see it now in the age of the internet. What are the chances that four of the best candidates to lead a country in one lifetime happen to be father and son, and husband and wife. Seeing them all lose collectively to Donald fooking Trump is brilliant.

It certainly isn't

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I'm quite enjoying some of these commentators freaking out. Maddow in particular seems like she is about to cry. Same with Dana Bash on CNN.
Hmm...he does come in with tremendous power. The Senate, the house and atleast one supreme court pick.

I think people have a right to freak out a little. He hasn't relented on his message and the people voted for it.

InfiniteBoredom

PA remaining votes are Pittsburgh*, she is holding onto a big lead in NV, and let's assume she takes MI which is tightening. He has Alaska, AZ and a ME district (total=15) to make it 269. He then has to win NH to take it.

Edit: they came in and it's tied now, with 5% of the vote left. No idea where.
Lebanon County, a GOP one.

Pack your bags, it's over.

See you in 4 years, folks, assuming there's an election then.

Status
Not open for further replies.