2017 Pre Season | Real Madrid vs Manchester United

ravi2

We are suffering the same problems as last year, with almost exactly the same players.
Lukaku barely got any service (which is what Ibra dealt with last season, but used his clever flicks and positioning to bring other players into the attack).
And Lindelof was pretty dire.
To expect our non-scoring attackers to score goals, is wishful thinking.
Both Jose and Ed need to get their shit together or else achieving top 4 is going to be a struggle again.

Saf94

Dreadful half, but don't think any players of ours seemed bothered (can't care less about these friendlies myself, really). I know it's only preseason but still disappointing too see that we look exactly the same after spending nearly 100 million. Still reserving my judgment on Lindelof, but I struggle to understand why we bought another centre back at all.

Unpopular opinion here: we should sell Mkhitaryan asap at a decent price (seriously though, I just can't stand how often he gives the ball away when he plays poorly)
He was awful today on the wing but he's been excellent this pre-season at no 10. Crazy how playing players in their right positions makes them not shit

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
If you jump around on the bed screaming we won on PeeKays … can't see that she'd mind!
I think I'll start with Lindelof's performances thus far and how they're symbolic of the decline of RedCafe.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I know people will say Martial did well but apart from his insane assist I don't think he was all that great. He's an unbelievable dribbler when he's on it but if he's not doing that he offers almost nothing else. He isn't a great crosser or passer, he doesn't work hard or create space for anyone else.
He's the Black White Pele.

cyberman

Looks like we just played out the second half in that ridiculous heat, its no wonder the La Liga players coped with it better.
No point in reading too much into it

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
We gonna win it all. Beat the best in the world lar, next year is ours.

ravi2

He was awful today on the wing but he's been excellent this pre-season at no 10. Crazy how playing players in their right positions makes them not shit
tbf in BVB he played as a RW/RF more than a few times

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Well, see it like this: Fellaini played 90', so he won't be starting against Barcelona. Nor will Martial.

Zoo

Weird second half the team basically stopped playing. Almost like it was under instruction or because of the heat. Can't read anything into it.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Both Jose and Ed need to get their shit together or else achieving top 4 is going to be a struggle again.
Hehe. Where do you predict real will finish going off their performance?

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
“Very good first half against a top Real”, says the manager. Yeah, containing them…

vodrake

Weird second half the team basically stopped playing. Almost like it was under instruction or because of the heat. Can't read anything into it.
I think Jose had mentioned in the Presser that he didn't want to start overplaying anyone, even if they were just friendlies. Might have been under instruction to play more a chill game in the second half as it was mostly players expected will be our starting 11 in the season.

Real's 2nd half team were also flying into everything and playing super energetically, might have been under instruction to hold it back and try not to risk any more injuries.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
In my world a win is always welcomed. Not every day we beat Real Madrid.

This was a good experience for our young players. Some of them was a little bit nervous and at times they looked paralyzed but they will learn from this in a good way.

Lindelöfs mistake reminds me of Smalling against City. Let's see if Viggo will recover and find his confidence again. Coming as new young talent to United isn't a walk in the park and some of you needs to remember that when he was playing with Benfica and his NT he was almost never criticized. This is a new experience for him.

Timothy was my MoM and played excellent in the first half. I huge step forward in his development.

Saf94

tbf in BVB he played as a RW/RF more than a few times
In a completely different system with different surrounding players. Just because he did it there doesn't mean he'll do it here. For us he's played well at CAM and played worse on the wing, why do we need to look at how he did at Dortmund? It's obviously not going to be the exact same as it was there, look at how Kagawa did.

If Mikhi can't do well on the wing here why force it, play him where he plays well

Saad K

Undergoing Verification
Shootout reminded me of that final vs Sunderland during Moyes' time

dreadful stuff :lol::lol:

efraim

Can't be accused of being a gloryhunter
Awful game, I promised my girlfriend I'd skip the game vs Barcelona so I could watch this one!

I sure hope Herrera is ok though.