Form Guide

Manchester United: WWWLW
Sampdoria: DLDDL

Pre-Match Pressers

José Mourinho

Marco Giampaolo

Team News

Manchester United

Marcos Rojo, Luke Shaw and Ashley Young ruled out.

Sampdoria

Know the opposition

Unione Calcio Sampdoria, commonly known as Sampdoria (and nicknamed I Blucerchiati, La Samp, Il Doria), is an Italian professional football club based in Genoa, and playing in the Serie A. The Ginnastica Sampierdarenese was founded in 1891, opening its football section in 1899. Also around this time, a club named Society Andrea Doria was founded in 1895. After World War II, both clubs were competing in Serie A; in a reverse of pre-war situations, Andrea Doria were now the top club out of the two. On 12 August 1946, however, a merger took place that would stick for the two teams, together they formed Unione Calcio Sampdoria.

In 1979, the club, then playing Serie B, was acquired by oil businessman Paolo Mantovani (1930–1993), who invested in the team to bring Sampdoria to the top flights. In 1982, Sampdoria made their Serie A return and won their first Coppa Italia three years later. In the following years, Sampdoria won a total of 3 Coppa Italia, a Supercoppa Italiana, a Cup Winners' Cup, a Serie A title, and reached the final of the last European Cup vs Barcelona at Wembley Stadium in 1992.

Over the years, Sampdoria have hosted a number of great players, including the likes of: Luis Suárez Miramontes, Ruud Gullit, Pietro Vierchowod, Ernst Ocwirk, Graeme Souness, Toninho, Jürgen Klinsmann, Clarence Seedorf, Nacka Skoglund, Juan Sebastián Verón, Romeo Benetti, Gianluca Vialli, Beppe Signori, Walter Zenga and Ariel Ortega. Sampdoria's biggest rivals are Genoa Cricket and Football Club, against whom they play the Derby della Lanterna (Derby of the Lantern). When Sampdoria were relegated from Serie A in 2011, more than 30,000 Genoa C.F.C. supporters staged a mock funeral procession through the streets of the city carrying a coffin draped in blue. Sampdoria play their home games at the Stadio Comunale Luigi Ferraris.

Referee

ThanksBoss26

I'd imagine something like 60-70 minutes for those starting the Super Cup, then eleven changes for the remainder.

WhoDaGOAT

I'll be at this. I'd honestly prefer to watch the likes of Martial, Tuanzebe, Pereira and McTominay over the more senior side.

the hea

I'd say it's an impossibility that he plays. He's admitted that he's a bit behind in his fitness but his fitness levels should be well up for the season's opener.
He hasn't played in any of Chelseas preseason games if I'm correct so 45 minutes for him here is almost required if he is to be matchfit for the season opener.

Dazzmondo

Wasn't originally going to go to this but decided it would be worth it since I might not get to go to Old Trafford this season. Tickets aren't the best due to late purchase but anywhere in the AVIVA is decent really. Still haven't seen Pogba live in person so looking forward to that.

Robbo*

Anyone know if this is on TV in America? I will be in Santa Barbara.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
We've had a lot of good games during this preseason so we've no excuses about a slow start. Excited for this one to hopefully see Matic get some minutes.

fellaini's barber

So this will be the first time I've ever seen Lukaku, up close and personal. My kid will be wearing that dodgy Chinese rip-off kit that @JoaquinJoaquin kindly helped me find. Keep an eye out for us on the telly. You'll recognise him by the slightly misplaced Chevrolet logo.
Nobody cares about the kid, what will you be wearing

Robertd0803

Savagely pissed off that Im missing this when its only 3 hours up the road from me, the issue being unable to get time off. :mad:

Well it will just increase the motivation to get back over to Manchester soon.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I'll be at this. I'd honestly prefer to watch the likes of Martial, Tuanzebe, Pereira and McTominay over the more senior side.
This did appear to be the case in our previous match, where the younger side was far more exciting.
The senior side was slow, labouring and seemed to be aiming for 1-0.
The younger side we saw in the 2nd half had far more energy and were taking risks (as is normal with younger players).

sunama

Baghdad Bob
10/287
Form Guide

Manchester United: WWWWL
Sampdoria: DLDDL
This can't be right.
I am sure we won our last game 3-0, against Valarenga.
But lost to Barca 1-0. That was our only loss.

WhoDaGOAT

This did appear to be the case in our previous match, where the younger side was far more exciting.
The senior side was slow, labouring and seemed to be aiming for 1-0.
The younger side we saw in the 2nd half had far more energy and were taking risks (as is normal with younger players).
It's because they are hungry for success. They are battling hard for a place and are eager to impress. It makes for a much better showing, as they're going at it full throttle. It will probably be a team for each 45 mins again.

Acole9

Outstanding
Hope to see Matic play some part tomorrow. I'm kind of glad the friendlies all almost done, I think we've played too many this year.

Redguern

Nobody cares about the kid, what will you be wearing
A considerably more expensive, considerably older shirt with "Evra" on the back.
And how the feck are we supposed to see that, will you be doing the poznan throughout the game?
Will you be wearing a hat?
A top hat, yes.
This is all very disappointing. What about the silk pajamas @Pogue Mahone? Not to mention the gun for shooting the pigeons...

::sonny::

SAMPDORIA (4-3-1-2): Puggioni; Sala, Silvestre, Regini, Murru; Linetty, Torreira, Verre; Alvarez, Caprari, Quagliarella

MarchingOn

Looking forward to:
  1. Smalling-Lindelof partnership we'll need in the Super Cup and first CL match
  2. Matic easing the minds of his haters

Jordi

So they're staying in the Marker hotel. Get there at 12.30pm tomorrow. In case anyone is up for some stalking!
Cheers for the info! Brining the nephews to the game, will happily use them again for an excuse to fanboy.