2017 Redcafe NFL Fantasy League

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Alright guys, here is what I think makes the most sense given the amount of people we have. 2 conferences of 12. Round robin means 11 week regular seasons. 6 teams in each league make the playoffs. The top 5 will be determined by win-loss record. The 6th will be a wild card for the team with the most points not in the top 5.

Week 12 is a bye week for the top 2. 3/6 and 4/5 play.
Week 13 is #1 vs. lowest remaining seed and #2 vs. highest remaining seed
Week 14 is conference championship
Week 15 is league championship (the winners of each conference)

The way we make this work is two separate leagues. So two separate drafts and two separate players. Then on championship day I manually add up the points of the two teams and we have an overall winner.

Eboue

Some other notes

• We will use PPR this year (which means you get 1 point for every reception (point per reception) so if you player gets 3 catches for 75 yards you get 10.5 points (7.5 for 75 yards + 3 for 3 catches))
  • Giving up after a couple of weeks and not setting your lineups sucks because it is basically a guaranteed win for the other team. Any ideas how we can counteract this?
  • Auction style draft? I think we should have one conference do an auction draft and one conference do a traditional snake draft.

If you don't know what an auction draft is, basically each manager gets 500 or whatever amount of straight cash homie. Players are announced one at a time and anyone can bid on the players. So if Tom Brady is announced, you can bid 300 to make sure you get Tom Brady but then you only have 200 to fill out your roster. Or you can let other people bid large on Tom Brady, spend 20% of his price on Alex Smith and save your money for other positions. It is entirely up to you.

So if we do that, we would just ask people if they want snake or auction draft and fill out the conferences that way. Or if enough people want all snake or all auction we can do that.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I love auction drafts but they tend to take quite a bit longer from my experience. I would be fine doing it but others might be put off. Glad it's PPR.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
@Eboue

Get everyone to pay £5/10 entry. Some incentive not to give up so early and makes it more competetive.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
PPR is really fun what gives? I understand going for snake if there are time constraints.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
PPR is really fun what gives? I understand going for snake if there are time constraints.
It's so receiver oriented. Plus I could have a player catch 10 catches for 10 yards with a yard per catch. He will still get 11 points instead of the traditional 1 point per 10 yards.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Most fantasy football leagues nowadays are PPR. I could care less either way. However, I'd prefer a snake vs auction draft. Wouldn't mind an auction system for picking up free agents though.

Eboue

Why all these changes @Eboue ? I was happy as last year was.
ppr makes it more interesting and gives a wider range of players that can be useful. that's the only major change. early responses suggest we will stick to snake draft.

@Eboue

Get everyone to pay £5/10 entry. Some incentive not to give up so early and makes it more competetive.
i highly doubt everyone wants to play for money. and the kind of people who would be willing to toss 10 on a fantasy league are the people who wouldn't think twice about losing it, thus it's not an incentive

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
ppr makes it more interesting and gives a wider range of players that can be useful. that's the only major change. early responses suggest we will stick to snake draft.

i highly doubt everyone wants to play for money. and the kind of people who would be willing to toss 10 on a fantasy league are the people who wouldn't think twice about losing it, thus it's not an incentive
Surely the incentive is to win the pot? You certainly won't get people dropping out in the first week.

Just an idea anyway.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Surely the incentive is to win the pot? You certainly won't get people dropping out in the first week.

Just an idea anyway.
I think people here rather just play for fun and might be turned off if there was an entry fee. That being said, if you find enough people willing to pay, then I'm down as well. I like using the caf league more as a mock draft to help me prepare for my other leagues.