2018 Sheep Draft

Skizzo

The outline of this format is as follows :

- There will be no order of picking.

- Before every round, I, the mod, will post a new criteria, and every manager has to PM me their pick that meets the criteria. More on that in the following points.

- Every manager will be allowed three picks (attempts) in every round to pick a player in every round. If you manage to sign a player successfully in the first pick (attempt), you will not participate in the next two attempts for that round, obviously.

- At the end of every picking round I will announce which managers successfully signed their players, but I will NOT announce the name of the players, so that the managers who failed in that attempt would have to make their second/third attempt without the knowledge of which players were picked in the same round earlier.

- How does a manager get his pick? You get your pick if and only if you were the only one who chose that player. There are three ways in which your pick will be blocked :

1. In the same round and same attempt there were other managers who chose the same player.
2. The player you chose was already successfully signed by someone in the same round in the previous attempt.
3. Your pick doesn't match the criteria.

Before we go further, here's a simple example.

Let's say A, B, C, D and E are playing the draft.

I announce the criteria - Round 1 - blah blah blah.

All 5 managers PM me their picks as follows :

Pick 1 :

A : Brad Pitt
B : Brad Pitt
C : Hugh Grant
D : Orlando Bloom
E : Leonardo DiCaprio

According to the rules, A and B don't get any players and their picks are BLOCKED. C, D and E successfully sign their players. So, at the end of the deadline I will post something like this :

Results of Round 1, Pick 1 :

A : Fail (Brad Pitt)
B : Fail (Brad Pitt)
C : Pass
D : Pass
E : Pass

Blocked List : Brad Pitt.

Important : I will NOT announce the names of successfully drafted players till the end of the round. So the managers going into the second/third attempt will not be knowing which players apart from the ones that were blocked due to duplicate entries are not available.

Now, A and B have to submit again for the same criteria as their second attempt. Let's say :

A : Leonardo DiCaprio
B : Johnny Depp

And I announce after 24 hours :

Results Round 1, Pick 2 :

A : Fail (player already drafted)
B : Pass

B gets his pick as it was not picked by another manager in the same attempt while also not being drafter earlier. A misses his pick again even though it was not picked by another manager in the same round, it was drafted by someone else earlier.

Now, A has to go for a third and last attempt. Let's say :

A : Johnny Depp.

And I announce :

Round 1, Pick 3 results :

A : Fail (player already drafted).

Full round results :

A : Sheep
B : Johnny Depp
C : Hugh Grant
D : Orlando Bloom
E : Leonardo DiCaprio

A again fails, as B had already successfully drafted Johnny Depp which A wasn't aware of.

So, A ends the round without any player and will be assigned a sheep.

End of example.

- A sheep pick will be decided by a committee at the end of the round. This is a way to punish the manager who failed in all his 3 attempts in a round. The sheep pick for a round must meet the criteria of the round. I will make the final decision on the sheep.

- As I said, every round will have a new criterion, so the number of total criteria would be equal to the number of rounds. The new criteria will be posted only at the end of the current round. So, you won't be knowing what kind of players will fall into the next criteria, hence you should cover the difficult positions (Keeper and defense) as early as possible. There could be rounds based on scoring records, for example. So be prepared for all scenarios.

Draft related details :

The deadline for every pick would 24 hours from the point I post the criterion.
Every second and third attempt will have a 12 hour deadline.
There will be 16 managers.
There might be rounds which allow you to pick more than one player.
NO NAMING of unpicked players. Even though there is no order in this, this rule still applies.
If you miss a round completely, you will get a sheep.
Once a pick is submitted via PM, it’s final.

The Tournament
Once we have drafted all teams, the same format like all other drafts follows. There will be straight knockouts till we reach the final. The matches will be decided by public voting and a winner will be declared in the end.

All managers are expected to post player profiles and PM me their formation and tactics before their game is scheduled.

Reinforcements
There will be 2 reinforcements after every knockout round. Details will be revealed when the time comes.

I hope that was clear. Any doubts, please raise them in the thread.

Last edited:

Skizzo

1. EAP - 1) P. Maldini 2) Anderson 3) Jairzinho 4) D. Alvim 5) F. Cannavaro 6) M. Platini 7) G. Signori 8) R. Weidenfeller 9) D. Law 10) M. Senna

2. 2mufc0 -
1) A. Nesta 2) S. Effenberg 3) H. Stoichkov 4) E. Gerets 5) A. Shevchenko 6) V. Voronin 7) D. De Gea 8) J. Sancho 9) Didi 10) R. Ayala

3. Enigma_87/TRV -
1) G. Scirea 2) Z. Zidane 3) N. Santos 4) R. Dominguez 5) P. Cocu 6) F. Puskas 7) D. Mackay 8) C. Maldini 9) J. Greaves 10) M. Preud'homme

4. P-Nut0712 -
1) B. Schweinsteiger 2) F. Gento 3) Pepito Ramos 4) H. Schilcher 5) L. Figo 6) A. Di Stefano 7) A. Sandro 8) Juanfran 9) P. Crouch 10) P. Reina

5. Michaelf/Tuppet cubemine -
1) L. Blanc 2) Juninho 3) J. Olsen 4) M. van de Korput 5) J. Bozsik 6) F. Redondo 7) B. Trautmann 8) J. M. Moreno 9) D. Santos 10) A. Shearer

6. Indnyc - 1) J. Kohler 2) G. Bergomi 3) F. Beckenbauer 4) P. Keizer 5) F. Lampard 6) S. Kocsis 7) J. Johnstone 8) B. Lennox 9) G. Netzer 10) S. Given

7. Sjor Bepo/Jim Beam -
1) Luis Suarez Miramontes 2) J. A. Boumsong 3) N. Goncalves 4) R. Rojas 5) W. Rooney 6) Kaka 7) E. Gray 8) N. Franklin 9) A. Brehme 10) F. Jusufi

8. MJJ/GSTQ -
1) P. Nedved 2) R. Baggio 3) B. Hulshoff 4) B. Iarusci 5) Xavi 6) D. Passarella 7) Ederson 8) E. Hapgood 9) O. Varela 10) W. Van Hanegem

9. Arbitrium -
1) C. Ronaldo 2) G. Pagliuca 3) T. Cerezo 4) F. Totti 5) G. Lato 6) D. Alves 7) F. Bernardini 8) L. Torreira 9) E. Abidal 10) F. Feldhofer

10. Don Alfredo -
1) R. Carvalho 2) A. Iniesta 3) R. Krol 4) P. Artola 5) L. Modric 6) B. Conti 7) M. Reus 8) A. Laporte 9) G. Batistuta 10) V. Kompany

11. harms - 1) B. Schuster 2) L. Matthaus 3) G. Mühren 4) Migueli 5) O. Blokhin 6) J. Masopust 7) F. Cudicini 8) A. Hansen 9) H-P Briegel 10) Z. Boniek

12. Moby -
1) G. Facchetti 2) W. Lubanksi 3) O. Ruggeri 4) C. Ferrara 5) P. Shilton 6) Zico 7) J. Fontaine 8) A. Ghiggia 9) A. Del Piero 10) G. Mendieta

13. Prath92/KM -
1) Marcelo 2) G. Zambrotta 3) N. Stiles 4) B. Moore 5) X. Alonso 6) Ronaldinho 7) T. Zarra 8) L. Sane 9) N. Vidic 10) E. van der Sar

14. Himannv -
1) M. Desailly 2) M. Tarnat* 3) J. Joya 4) J. van Beveren 5) S. John 6) M. Tresor 7) L. Kubala 8) M. Le Tissier 9) M. Amoros 10) D. Villa

15. Onenil -
1) S. Mazzola 2) T. West 3) A. Spencer 4) P. Carpegiani 5) H. Chumpitaz 6) D. Dzajic 7) Julinho 8) J. McGovern 9) M. Essien 10) S. Cañizares

16. Ecstatic -
1) R. Carlos 2) S. Eto'o 3) J. Stam 4) Rivaldo 5) A. Zubizerreta 6) C. Alberto 7) R. Bochini 8) A. da Guia 9) M. Sammer 10) J. McGrath

Block Lists: Marco Van Basten, Frank Rijkaard, Luis Ronaldo, Franco Baresi, Lionel Messi, Eusebio, Edgar Davids, Thierry Henry, Javier Zanetti, Jose Pirri, Ruud Gullit, Velibor Vasovic, Gerd Muller, Paulo Roberto Falcao, Rivellino, Manga, Wim Jansen, Heinz Stuy, Johan Cruyff, Diego Maradona, Elias Figueroa, Johan Neeskens, Garrincha, Cafu, Romario, George Best, Bixente Lizarazu, Michael Laudrup, David Beckham, Bobby Charlton, Patrick Vieira, Lilian Thuram, Philipp Lahm, Pele, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, Bryan Robson, Horst Blankenburg, Jose Santamaria, Kurt Hamrin, Steve Bruce, Armando Picchi, Duncan Edwards, Jair da Costa, Mauro Tassotti, Antonio Benarrivo, Antonio Cabrini, Berti Vogts, Rio Ferdinand, Uwe Seeler, Manfred Kaltz, Petr Cech

Last edited:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Happy to assist anyone only for drafting.

Round 1 criteria

Skizzo

First Round - Breaking the Bank

The first pick must be a player who played with someone at club level who was the Most Expensive Transfer in the World.

The player you pick, however, must have been a club teammate while that player held the record.

For example - Player A joins Man Utd for 25 million. Player B is already at Man Utd and qualifies as a pick. Player C joins Chelsea for 26 million. Player D joins Man Utd, and even though player A is still there, he no longer holds the record, so Player D is ineligible.

With your pick, send proof, otherwise it may be deemed invalid until proof has been provided.

The deadline for the first pick to be in is 8am GMT on Wednesday. If everyone has picked before then, the results will be posted sooner.

Last edited:

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!

The first pick must be a player who played with someone who was the Most Expensive Transfer in the World.

The player you pick, however, must have been a teammate while that player held the record.

For example - Player A joins Man Utd for 25 million. Player B is already at Man Utd and qualifies as a pick. Player C joins Chelsea for 26 million. Player D joins Man Utd, and even though player A is still there, he no longer holds the record, so Player D is ineligible.

With your pick, send proof, otherwise it may be deemed invalid until proof has been provided.

The deadline for the first pick to be in is 8am GMT on Wednesday. If everyone has picked before then, the results will be posted sooner.

Famous Hendrik quote: "I've never seen a bag of money score a goal"

Indnyc

@Skizzo first attempt 24hrs is fine.. Shouldn’t subsequent attempts should be lesser time?

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs

The first pick must be a player who played with someone who was the Most Expensive Transfer in the World.

The player you pick, however, must have been a teammate while that player held the record.

Is a player considered his own teammate? I know that should be a no but just to be certain

Indnyc

Another clarification.. Does national team count or only club? For example player A is the most expensive player in the world. Player B was his teammate in the national team.. is he eligible?

Moby

Dick

The first pick must be a player who played with someone at club level who was the Most Expensive Transfer in the World.

The player you pick, however, must have been a club teammate while that player held the record.

Both club and NT teammates?

Edit: nvm.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
I remember EAP was suggesting to give out Legacy Players instead of Sheeps. Is that a thing now? I would be very much in favour of it to add some balance to the matches.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Do they have to be on the pitch at the same time?

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@Skizzo

2nd recommendation: don't discuss extensively the rules and say " send your picks via PM and I will decide"!

Enigma_87

You know who
@Skizzo is it ok to submit tomorrow? Not done much research and don't have much time tonight?

Ah, just read that the deadline is Wednesday so should be fine.

Last edited: