2019/20 is going to be a good season!

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I can feel it. We won't win the title and we are not in the Champions League, but there's lots to look forward to and hopefully the last 6 years starts to look like a distant memory come May.

United58

I'm looking forward to the new season, for a number of reasons.

• Our transfer spending is targeting young players to suit our system - Maguire (26 but a good age for a CB) helps us massively in playing out from the back, James' pace and fitness helps hugely with our press and AWB is a huge upgrade on Ashley Young. No more splurging for the sake of splurging (though I am nervous with how we use Dybala if we do land him).
  • We have a lot of exciting young players coming through our academy - Greenwood, Gomes, Chong, Garner and Tuanzebe should be looking to integrate into the squad this season, following Lingard, Rashford and McTominay.
  • Martial's looking sharp in pre-season - his effort has always been lax, but he seems to be behind Ole's pressing plan. Get a player like him in form and we look very dangerous.
  • Pogba looks to be staying for at least another season - whatever you say about him, his passing is absolutely world class when he's on his game, and he's proved that already a number of times this pre-season. He's like Yaya Toure running with the ball when he's on form (though he obviously has huge consistency issues).
  • We finally have a coherent system - the 4-2-3-1 with a press from our young team with upgrades from the summer's business, while surely not challenging for the title, will at least see us challenge for the top 4. Get Champions League football next year, and we could see Sancho in 2020...?
  • There's also much more positivity around the club in general - Ole constantly looking at the positives, keeping all trouble behind closed doors and no stories of mutinous players.

My main worries are the lack of deadwood movement (Sanchez, Rojo, Jones, Bailly, Young and Darmian should all be gone) and how Dybala fits in to our system should we get him, but I'm far, far happier than I was this time last year.

Reactions: Niall

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I'm looking forward to the new season, for a number of reasons.

• Our transfer spending is targeting young players to suit our system - Maguire (26 but a good age for a CB) helps us massively in playing out from the back, James' pace and fitness helps hugely with our press and AWB is a huge upgrade on Ashley Young. No more splurging for the sake of splurging (though I am nervous with how we use Dybala if we do land him).
  • We have a lot of exciting young players coming through our academy - Greenwood, Gomes, Chong, Garner and Tuanzebe should be looking to integrate into the squad this season, following Lingard, Rashford and McTominay.
  • Martial's looking sharp in pre-season - his effort has always been lax, but he seems to be behind Ole's pressing plan. Get a player like him in form and we look very dangerous.
  • Pogba looks to be staying for at least another season - whatever you say about him, his passing is absolutely world class when he's on his game, and he's proved that already a number of times this pre-season. He's like Yaya Toure running with the ball when he's on form (though he obviously has huge consistency issues).
  • We finally have a coherent system - the 4-2-3-1 with a press from our young team with upgrades from the summer's business, while surely not challenging for the title, will at least see us challenge for the top 4. Get Champions League football next year, and we could see Sancho in 2020...?
  • There's also much more positivity around the club in general - Ole constantly looking at the positives, keeping all trouble behind closed doors and no stories of mutinous players.
My main worries are the lack of deadwood movement (Sanchez, Rojo, Jones, Bailly, Young and Darmian should all be gone) and how Dybala fits in to our system should we get him, but I'm far, far happier than I was this time last year.
This one post is better than anything @VeevaVee has ever posted

Dr. StrangeHate

Guys there are a 100 other positive threads on the forum. Can you please spread your positivity there and don't crowd the front page of caf with repetitive circle jerk threads.

Reactions: VeevaVee

Green_Red

Im looking forward to it too but temper your expectations.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Looking forward to Utd getting up amongst the top teams again. Looking like a decent transfer window for you guys and top 3 or 4 is attainable.

Surely a good Europa League campaign is achievable and wouldn’t rule out a trophy or two.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Depends entirely on who we bring in. If it's just Maguire then we'll still struggle to break teams down and we won't be scoring enough goals. It should be an improvement on last season but that's not really saying too much. The big, big test is to see if we can keep the high pressure football going for the majority of the season or will we break down like last season after 10 or so games.

I mean if nothing else we'll hopefully see more of Greenwood, Gomes, Chong and Tuanzebe.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
RedCafe is a funny place, there are threads in which people write that we're terrible and completely shite, and then a thread like this comes up - we're excited and the upcoming season is going to be a great one.

I'm wondering if there are people who post in both of them and agree with OP.

AceUnited

I am looking forward to the new season. with Maguire signed the defense is much stronger than last year. One more addition and I would be super happy with our transfer window. I only hope it is Bruno and not the cry baby Dybala. We don't need anyone that his heart is not in the right place.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Am certainly not looking forward to the new season .
We have once again had a poor window and will struggle to make top four.
Splurging 80 mill on a bang average center back was the final straw.

SaintMuppet

Ok stop with the optimism right now, it’s screwing with my ‘negativity drive’.

A fully functioning Tri-warp negativity drive requires Rimmer levels of negativity to function correctly.

Given the necessary levels of negativity everything in the garden will become lovely almost overnight. It has ‘born again’ levels of efficiency.

If you want your team to be successful it requires almost unlimited levels of doom and gloom. Thanks