Rozay

Master of Hindsight
They actually have a decent team .

Leno
Bellerin-Mustafi, Socrates-Tierney
-Guendo-Torreira-
Pepe-Ozil-Auba
Laca

They just need to sign a CB and a midfielder to actually challenge for top 4. Ofcourse you would need a better manager as well.

When Klopp took over, Liverpool team was worse and look where they are now. Arsenal atleast have a decent attack. The font 4 is as good as anyone in the league.
Don’t you dare, ever, spell Sokratis’ name like that!!!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Surely everyone just feels sorry for them now? This stopped being funny to watch a long time ago.

Bogga

Surely everyone just feels sorry for them now? This stopped being funny to watch a long time ago.
Not really... I'm sitting here looking at the table wondering how many teams below them can overtake them. Imagine them ending up like 13th :lol:

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Yeah it's sad. We had some epic battles with them over the years didn't we? Keane in the tunnel at Highbury and RVN's penalty at OT my highlights. We can relate to them with our owners, and you wonder how they can be allowed to fall so low, with the fans so helpless with it all.

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal

Leno
Bellerin-Mustafi, Sokratis-Tierney
-Guendo-Torreira-
Pepe-Ozil-Auba
Laca

They just need to sign a CB and a midfielder to actually challenge for top 4. Ofcourse you would need a better manager as well.

When Klopp took over, Liverpool team was worse and look where they are now. Arsenal atleast have a decent attack. The font 4 is as good as anyone in the league.

Even as a Arsenal supporter, you're overrating the squad here. Deffo not top 4 quality by a long stretch.

For a start I;m sure Sokratis will be gone and one of either Auba or Laca. We still don't know our best starting 11, we've also replaced previous dinosaurs in the backroom with absolute **ck wits who are mocking the club for personal gain.

The fact Arsenal seem to have proudly announced the permanent signings and loan extensions means we wont be investing in the summer. Maybe one half decent player and most likely replace a few deadwood players with new deadwood players.

I believe in Arteta, right man for the job but at the wrong time with the worst backroom to support his ideologies.

Nickelodeon

Leno
Bellerin-Mustafi, Sokratis-Tierney
-Guendo-Torreira-
Pepe-Ozil-Auba
Laca

Their defence is awful. Ozil is a no-show. Pepe blows hot and cold (mostly cold). Auba is playing away from his best position, still being their best player. Bellerin and Tierney are still meh.

Objectively, I wouldn't want to sign any of these players for United in their respective positions, maybe Auba for ST but nothing beyond that. They need some major surgery. Plus, Arteta's job has been tough but he hasn't shown anything as of now which says that he's up for it.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Even as a Arsenal supporter, you're overrating the squad here. Deffo not top 4 quality by a long stretch.

For a start I;m sure Sokratis will be gone and one of either Auba or Laca. We still don't know our best starting 11, we've also replaced previous dinosaurs in the backroom with absolute **ck wits who are mocking the club for personal gain.

The fact Arsenal seem to have proudly announced the permanent signings and loan extensions means we wont be investing in the summer. Maybe one half decent player and most likely replace a few deadwood players with new deadwood players.

I believe in Arteta, right man for the job but at the wrong time with the worst backroom to support his ideologies.
You have better attack than everyone bar City and Liverpool. You are just not playing to your strengths. A strong CB and a capable midfielder would take you to whole different level.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Their defence is awful. Ozil is a no-show. Pepe blows hot and cold (mostly cold). Auba is playing away from his best position, still being their best player. Bellerin and Tierney are still meh.

Objectively, I wouldn't want to sign any of these players for United in their respective positions, maybe Auba for ST but nothing beyond that. They need some major surgery. Plus, Arteta's job has been tough but he hasn't shown anything as of now which says that he's up for it.
I would take Tierney, Laca, Auba and even Pepe given our options there.

Ozil is no show because he is not being played. Auba is out of position yet he is the top scorer in the league. They just don't know how to play to their strengths. A competent manager would be a good start.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I was one of the people that thought they could not fall any lower than they were at the point they sacked Wenger.
I was very wrong.

ShoePolish

It's all getting rosy at their camp, they might get the Terminator, Xhaka, back next game. Apparantely, he's now sorely missed.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
It's all getting rosy at their camp, they might get the Terminator, Xhaka, back next game. Apparantely, he's now sorely missed.
Even at his worst Xhaka is still more reliable and useful than our other options. He needs to be played with somebody who can cover him like Torreira or a focused Guendouzi (very rare). Under Arteta he's been very efficient but hopefully the Partey rumours are true and can be the base of a new midfield. We'd still need a partner for him and a new creative midfielder while we're throwing money away on Luiz.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
We look just as bad if not worse than Arsenal, should be an interesting cup tie :lol:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Even at his worst Xhaka is still more reliable and useful than our other options. He needs to be played with somebody who can cover him like Torreira or a focused Guendouzi (very rare). Under Arteta he's been very efficient but hopefully the Partey rumours are true and can be the base of a new midfield. We'd still need a partner for him and a new creative midfielder while we're throwing money away on Luiz.
I do notice this that Xhaka has been improved under Arteta. I think he's Arsenal best midfielder at the moment. You aren't in a position & situation to have power & lot of money to get rid all your players and replace them, might should keep him at the moment. Grealish as your creative midfielder will be your perfect choice imo. Homegrown, likely available cheap & majority the top clubs already have creative midfielder. Although new midfielder still needed imo since Torreira looks like want to leave. New creative midfield and rebuild the back four is probably the least things you need to sort out this summer.

RedDevilRoshi

We look just as bad if not worse than Arsenal, should be an interesting cup tie :lol:
Obviously both Henderson & Egan will slot back in to your starting 11 but will O’Connell be back too? If so then that’s you back to full strength, I believe? Plus Arsenal have got injuries galore and haven’t exactly looked any better than you guys since the restart.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Obviously both Henderson & Egan will slot back in to your starting 11 but will O’Connell be back too? If so then that’s you back to full strength, I believe? Plus Arsenal have got injuries galore and haven’t exactly looked any better than you guys since the restart.
I doubt it will matter. We’re in vacation mode.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
I do notice this that Xhaka has been improved under Arteta. I think he's Arsenal best midfielder at the moment. You aren't in a position & situation to have power & lot of money to get rid all your players and replace them, might should keep him at the moment. Grealish as your creative midfielder will be your perfect choice imo. Homegrown, likely available cheap & majority the top clubs already have creative midfielder. Although new midfielder still needed imo since Torreira looks like want to leave. New creative midfield and rebuild the back four is probably the least things you need to sort out this summer.
What sort of cheap would that be ? :lol: Villa can easily hold on for 50M+ for Grealish. Partey's clause is around 45, 8M have been added for Mari, Pepe's installments, Upamecano rumours are still floating around and he would be easily another 45/50M. That would already leave us dry. Hopefully Saliba is the best defender the world has ever seen at 19 and captains us to the title next year.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
What sort of cheap would that be ? :lol: Villa can easily hold on for 50M+ for Grealish. Partey's clause is around 45, 8M have been added for Mari, Pepe's installments, Upamecano rumours are still floating around and he would be easily another 45/50M. That would already leave us dry. Hopefully Saliba is the best defender the world has ever seen at 19 and captains us to the title next year.
I disagree about the price there. One, Aston Villa needs the money, they spent huge last summer and also I remember read it in Twitter about them having debt that they need to pay. Two, if they get relegated then the fees will be much cheaper. Before pandemic, I asked my mate Aston Villa fans, how much does he think Villa will let him go and he answered around 40s M and he was considering if they stay up.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What links does Kia have with Arsenal?
He's basically in charge, similar set up to what Jorge Mendes is doing at Wolves but Kia has much worse client list.

Pretty clever how he's wormed himself there considering he pretty much relegated QPR a few years back.

Arsenal are a complete mess.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
You have better attack than everyone bar City and Liverpool. You are just not playing to your strengths. A strong CB and a capable midfielder would take you to whole different level.
Lacazette hasn't scored an away goal in the league all season.

awop

Supports
Arsenal

Arsenal saving the world, don't mind us.

awop

Supports
Arsenal

Saint-Etienne are mad.
There was a clause that we would pay 2.5M if Saliba started 17 games this season. He's on 16 and the Cup final would be his 17th. They wanted us to extend the loan so he can play that final game and of course pay the 2.5M. Arsenal told them that the loan extension was fine if the clause was scraped. They refused so the player is now expected in London without playing his final game.
Don't really know what to think about it, it's shitty for Saliba not being able to play a final in his final game but at the same time i feel like an effort could have been made to replace the clause with a friendly or some shit. A bit stupid from them to go public with it in the middle of the night but i guess 2M is 2M...

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Had a look at live table and they're actually above Spurs now.

Was sure Spurs were only about 3 points off Chelsea 6-7 games ago so Mourinho working his post 2015 magic again.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Dutch media are claiming Arsenal are in for Wout Weghorst. This true at all?

I can hardly contain my :lol: if so. On the other hand, everytime he goes a step higher everyone is laughing until he starts to scores every other game.

Dutch media are claiming Arsenal are in for Wout Weghorst. This true at all?

I can hardly contain my :lol: if so. On the other hand, everytime he goes a step higher everyone is laughing until he starts to scores every other game.
Very accurate. I don't particularly rate the defending in Bundesliga, but I've been shocked at how much a donkey like Weghorst has been scoring there. A move to Arsenal would be (hopefully :nervous: ) hilarious

awop

Supports
Arsenal

I can understand the reasoning for the fine but in the end the player in question could simply insist on joining the club he wants regardless.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They still have a fair way to go, but promising signs for them these last few weeks. I still feel they are weak in too many areas to challenge properly right now. They have got 2 cracking youngsters coming through in Saka and Martinelli, with the right recruitment and hefty investment they could do something next season.

Leno
New RB Saliba Upamacano Tierney
Partey
New CM New CM

Saka Aubamayang Martinelli
Maybe someone like Ricardo for RB? Providing Leicester miss out on CL.Have they been linked to any decent CMs? It's a massive hole in their team from what I've seen. Torreira started well I suppose but I'm not impressed with Guendouzi, Ceballos, Xhaka, Willock etc at all. They have the makings of a good young team but they need big investment this summer. Good signs for them though, I'll be watching them closely this summer.

If I'm Arteta I'm making a cheeky bid for Thiago who is reportedly available on the cheap this summer. He would be an incredible signing for them.