2019/20 Rivals - Arsenal

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Luiz would dominate La liga too just like he did in France. I have no idea what Varane was doing yesterday. Gifted the win to City on his own.
Calm down with that statement.

Do you have any idea what Luiz did to City? This is what he did:

Paul_Scholes18

Calm down with that statement.

Do you have any idea what Luiz did to City? This is what he did:
I know, but he can dominate against weaker sides as he has shown in the past.
Stupid red cards is Luiz thing though.
Varane won a world cup and some CL titles, but yesterday was just beyond terrible.
I think Varane is overrated from what his teams have done. Ramos helps him out a lot normally.
Laporte I think is better and should be in the French 11 ahead of him.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Gabriel not playing for Lille, his shirt not available to buy on the store anymore. Seems he's gone and it might be to Arsenal for 20/30M.
Gabriel-Saliba-Partey-Willian and maybe Coutinho/Attacking midfielder. Torreira to be sold back to an italian club if we get a good offer.
That would give us a better squad but clearly not enough to challenge reliably for top 4 next season.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Gabriel not playing for Lille, his shirt not available to buy on the store anymore. Seems he's gone and it might be to Arsenal for 20/30M.
Gabriel-Saliba-Partey-Willian and maybe Coutinho/Attacking midfielder. Torreira to be sold back to an italian club if we get a good offer.
That would give us a better squad but clearly not enough to challenge reliably for top 4 next season.
Will need a title challenging squad to challenge reliably for top four next season.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Will need a title challenging squad to challenge reliably for top four next season.
Would you say Chelsea or United had a title challenging squad this season ?

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
This would be a very good window if we pulled off all these deals. Not sure how we can expect much more than this we don’t have a United size budget and we’re not in the CL either. Maybe if we get a good deal for Lacazette we could add another decent signing to that list.

crossy1686

career ending
Are Arsenal fans not seriously worried about the club's change of direction when it comes to recruitment? Sacking long-standing scouting teams that have a job to find youth talent across the world and replacing them with a super agent led model instead?

For a start, that is way more expensive than finding French division 2 players, in agents fees and contracts, and do you really want to be a retirement home from Europe's has-beens?

In a nutshell, what do you prefer? Martinelli and Martinez or Willian?

I would be very worried about the sporting direction of the club moving forward,

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Are Arsenal fans not seriously worried about the club's change of direction when it comes to recruitment? Sacking long-standing scouting teams that have a job to find youth talent across the world and replacing them with a super agent led model instead?

For a start, that is way more expensive than finding French division 2 players, in agents fees and contracts, and do you really want to be a retirement home from Europe's has-beens?

In a nutshell, what do you prefer? Martinelli and Martinez or Willian?

I would be very worried about the sporting direction of the club moving forward,
Of course it's worrying and I'm not convinced that it's the way to go. You need some manpower and competent people to do the dirty work. English talents are looking a lot more at the German route to gain experience. Second half of the table in England can't compete with the money and the first half is trying to get things done now. Apparently our South America scout division remains largely untouched so Martinellis could still be found and signed.

Scouts can sometimes find you an absolute diamond (like Fabregas) but most of the time they are of massive importance to get you very good players that will serve the squad for a long time (Koscielny, Monreal, Cazorla...).

United58

Would you say Chelsea or United had a title challenging squad this season ?
He's probably assuming we get Sancho; if we do, and add a couple of quality players to thicken the squad or get lucky with injuries for once, I think we'll comfortably get top 4 at least.

If not... another squeaky end to the season :lol: Our first XI is very impressive, though

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I know, but he can dominate against weaker sides as he has shown in the past.
Stupid red cards is Luiz thing though.
Varane won a world cup and some CL titles, but yesterday was just beyond terrible.
I think Varane is overrated from what his teams have done. Ramos helps him out a lot normally.
Laporte I think is better and should be in the French 11 ahead of him.
You don't win World Cup played next to Umtiti and called overrated. I am more convinced now that Luiz is one of the most overrated centre back after the hype you gave him, a centre back who can only looks good if playing in back 3 or playing next to Thiago Silva in back four.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Twitter rumours were true then... No idea what that means for the future. We were supposed to be Sanlehi and friend's bitch and all of a sudden he's gone. Going to check the odds of Arteta being named Chairman/DoF/Player/Manager before the end of the season.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Wonder if it's too late to bring back those scouts we let go

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal
Is this seen as a good or bad thing for Arsenal? I'm not really clued up on their structure.
Hard to tell really, our owner doesn't appear to have much of a clue either.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Hard to tell really, our owner doesn't appear to have much of a clue either.
This was supposedly started and led by Tim Lewis, a lawyer named to the board by the Kroenke. He must have uncovered more than just a few greased hands in the Pepe deal to be sacked this quickly.

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal
This was supposedly started and led by Tim Lewis, a lawyer named to the board by the Kroenke. He must have uncovered more than just a few greased hands in the Pepe deal to be sacked this quickly.
Are we talking brown paper bags type of shenanigans?

Is Kroenke starting to pay attention and participate?

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Are we talking brown paper bags type of shenanigans?

Is Kroenke starting to pay attention and participate?
Who knows, maybe. He was appointed July 1st, he's either amazing at his job or stuff was too easy to find. I don't think we'll ever know the full truth.
In my opinion the inquiry must have started a long time ago, this was just the conclusion and the legal way to tie everything up.
Best hope that Auba's contract is already done and that this won't feck up our transfer window.

JSArsenal

Where are you getting this information from? I'm not criticizing, I just want to read more myself.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Where are you getting this information from? I'm not criticizing, I just want to read more myself.
Arsenal reddit ( r/Gunners) and several twitter accounts