2019/20 Rivals - Chelsea

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
way too early, these threads should be done around beginning of August. I think though, just on a sidenote it depends on our ban. If it gets frozen i think we will go a bit wild and bring in a lot of quality (hopefully) if it stays, i still think we have enough quality in the loan system or academy (one of europes best)

I think it'll come down to who the manager is, rather than what players we got

TheeAma12

Supports
Chelsea
Don't you guys know its dangerous to write Chelsea off? Every season you all predict the same thing but you don't realize that we strive on Chaos. It's gonna be hard but they said the same when terry lampard and drogba left now hazard is gone. Our only real flaw is that we lack a dangerous striker but let's see what happens.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Well you finished 25 points off top 2 with Hazard so I really can't see how you do a title challenge which really would be a miracle season.

Same as usual Chelsea will be very dangerous in cup competitions and will likely be 4th as I think Arsenal will bomb out of top 6 and Man. United have to do some decent business as they're getting left behind aswell.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I love Kane and think he's one of (if not the best) strikers in the world, but he's not Hazard level of influential.

You've still got a good squad and if you get the right manager can make top four, but anything more is a bit of a pipe dream. You feckers always seem to get a trophy or two though.
As opposed to you feckers who always seem to bottle a trophy or two. Really looking forward to Spurs' consistency next season. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I have to say the optimism from the Chelsea fans on this forum is really quite annoying but then even given their shitness they did manage to be less shit than us or Arsenal last season so ultimately they were right

As for next season the only way I can see them do well (and by well we're talking top 4 and maybe a domestic cup) is again by them being less shit than the others which could easily happen. The fact we don't know who their manager is will determine a lot as well as if it's the right man he may well galvanise the group

You have to be honest and say though this is a fecking bang average XI/Squad

---------------Kepa---------------
Azpilicueta--Rudiger--Luiz--Alonso
-------------Jorginho-------------
-------Kante---------Barkley-------
Willian-------Giroud-------Pulisic

Subs: Caballero, Zouma, Christensen, Zappacosta, Emerson, Pedro, ???

Can't even make a bench while RLC and CHO are injured and I'm not sure either of them make things much better even when they are back from injury but like I said all they need to do is be less shit than the rest which while out of there hands could well happen

AkaAkuma

@charlenefan I've been waiting for somebody to post a formation!

How does the Jorginho and Kante pivot work when its been a point of issue for much of the season?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
@charlenefan I've been waiting for somebody to post a formation!

How does the Jorginho and Kante pivot work when its been a point of issue for much of the season?
Well tbh unless he does better I can see a new Chelsea manager binning Jorginho so that formation will be redundant. I simply went with the formation they used last season and the players they have left to play it

AkaAkuma

Can Higuian and Kovacic be signed despite the transfer ban?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can Higuian and Kovacic be signed despite the transfer ban?
Higuain loan was orginally for 18 months wasn't it so yes Chelsea could've kept him but he really underwhelmed and probably dosen't want to stay anyway if Sarri is going to Juventus.

Not sure on Kovacic.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
As opposed to you feckers who always seem to bottle a trophy or two. Really looking forward to Spurs' consistency next season. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.
The joys of playing in the Europa League rather than at the big boys table .. you get that opportunity to pick up silverware by slapping up some Eastern European big boys.

AkaAkuma

Who's the next manager going to be?
  • Lampard
  • Holland
  • Javi Gracia

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
They are fecked.
Many of us are delighted by that shitbag leaving. He's our unlikeable LVG. Got a few decent results and won a trophy we were expected to win but the football has been awful to watch this season.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
The joys of playing in the Europa League rather than at the big boys table .. you get that opportunity to pick up silverware by slapping up some Eastern European big boys.
And yet we've won another major trophy, something you haven't done for 28 years. Can't wait to play with the big boys like Spurs next year.

Last edited:

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Many of us are delighted by that shitbag leaving. He's our unlikeable LVG. Got a few decent results and won a trophy we were expected to win but the football has been awful to watch this season.
Mourinho is free.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Any yet we've won another major trophy, something you haven't done for 28 years. Can't wait to play with the big boys like Spurs next year.
:lol:

Stadium was half empty for a fecking final.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Classic Chelsea fans, properly classy.

He got 3rd and won you a trophy and still gets abuse.

Nickosaur

:lol: you lot

RedDevilRoshi

Worst predicament to be in. Lose your best player that you are unable to go out there and replace him unless that transfer ban gets lifted which I doubt it will.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Classic Chelsea fans, properly classy.

He got 3rd and won you a trophy and still gets abuse.
Could be worse, we could have given endless shit to the manager that won us half our trophy's in PL era.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Which players from their academy or those who've been out on loan have a good chance of getting opportunities?

Eddy_JukeZ

If we don't finish ahead of them next season, something has gone seriously wrong.

NoPace

I think if Sarri leaves they have to think about trying to play Jorginho and Kante as a double pivot. Maybe bring in Coutinho or James if their ban gets listed to be their #10.

If this ban holds up, even with some good loanees coming back, they look like finishing 7th behind the other top teams and whichever of Leicester, Wolves or Everton puts it together. Obviously it does't quite work like this, but I'd say Hazard was worth 15-20 goals over his replacements, which would put them right around Everton's +8.

NoPace

Which players from their academy or those who've been out on loan have a good chance of getting opportunities?
Everyone says Reece James is great, I'd guess he'll play, maybe Azpilicueta goes back to left-back if Alonso goes as rumoured?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If the transfer bans sticks, Batshuayi, Abraham, Reece James, Mason Mount, Bakayoko, Musonda and Clarke-Slater.
I thought you had loads and loads of players out on loan, it's only Clarke-Slater that I didn't know from that list (which position does he play, is he good?) are there no highly promising youngsters ? I seem to recall reading about Chelsea signing some major 16/17 y/o prospect every season..

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I thought you had loads and loads of players out on loan, it's only Clarke-Slater that I didn't know from that list (which position does he play, is he good?) are there no highly promising youngsters ? I seem to recall reading about Chelsea signing some major 16/17 y/o prospect every season..
We've got tons of course, I only listed a few. Clarke-Salter spent the last season in centre defense for Vitesse and captained England U21s.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We've got tons of course, I only listed a few. Clarke-Salter spent the last season in centre defense for Vitesse and captained England U21s.
Sounds nice. Don't you think it would be a nice novel experience for you lot to see some promising youngsters get chances for a change? I think the transfer ban could really do you good. Just unlucky with the injuries to CHO and RLC.

And now you get to have Kante back playing in a position where he's the world's best.

luke511

Utd fans aren't in a position to point and laugh at the moment.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Sounds nice. Don't you think it would be a nice novel experience for you lot to see some promising youngsters get chances for a change? I think the transfer ban could really do you good. Just unlucky with the injuries to CHO and RLC.
We had three academy products playing a big role last season in RLC, CHO and Christensen. Not many of the top 3 had as many academy players getting minutes.

Of course we want more.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We had three academy products playing a big role last season in RLC, CHO and Christensen. Not many of the top 3 had as many academy players getting minutes.

Of course we want more.
You had CHO playing more and more because there was a real chance he was off to Bayern. So forced to play him. And rightly so. Christensen had already proven himself after 2 seasons as first choice in the Bundesliga on loan. I'm talking blooding youngsters. I know you had those 3, but you've hoovered up talent all over and very few get chances. It's been more of a money-making scheme than anything else. It will be nice to see it being more football based, albeit, due to the transfer ban.

If I was a Chelsea fan, I would want to see more talent coming through. Just like I do as a United fan.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I think if Sarri leaves they have to think about trying to play Jorginho and Kante as a double pivot. Maybe bring in Coutinho or James if their ban gets listed to be their #10.

If this ban holds up, even with some good loanees coming back, they look like finishing 7th behind the other top teams and whichever of Leicester, Wolves or Everton puts it together. Obviously it does't quite work like this, but I'd say Hazard was worth 15-20 goals over his replacements, which would put them right around Everton's +8.
Football doesn't work like that, by the same logic United's great team of the late 00's would have fell out of the top 4 when CR7 left.