2019/20 Rivals - Chelsea

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
what is the point of these bans anyway
Stopped them buying this summer.

If Chelsea get Sancho they will be excellent.

Kante Jorginho Kovacic
Sancho Abraham Pulisic
Unbelievable. Great depth with RLC, Barkley, Mount, Willian, Pedro & CHO too

What a team they would be.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
You never know with Roman. You lot have sacked better managers in the past. What makes you think Roman will not pull the plug if Lampard finishes 4th without any trophies.
We have well and truly moved on from the win now and feck the consequences after kind of game, thankfully so because our last three title defense season's have been soul destroying.

Furthermore, what's the point of signing a pragmatic manager to win now when you won't win now? To compete with these City and Liverpool set ups you need to build something a lot more sustainable.

Lampard will have to have an Emery style collapse to even be in danger anytime soon, let alone get fired.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea

I've never seen players just talk like this. There should be more of this.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

I've never seen players just talk like this. There should be more of this.
Two things that really annoyed me about this. Why are there subtitles? Why did the editor put in a random drum beat every 20 seconds.

Love to see these guys doing well though, I'm from the same area (Earlsfield) as Antonio.

VJ1762

Chelsea no closer to agreeing new deals with Reece James and Tammy Abraham
Chelsea are no closer to agreeing contracts with Tammy Abraham or Reece James, having negotiated new deals with the rest of their first-team Academy graduates.
Fikayo Tomori last week followed Callum Hudson-Odoi, Mason Mount, Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Bill Gilmour in signing new Chelsea contracts as a reward for their development under head coach Frank Lampard.
Chelsea are now keen to agree new deals with Abraham and James, whose current contracts will have two years remaining at the end of this season.
But progress on both players has not been as fast as had been hoped and Chelsea are not thought to be imminently preparing to announce a new contract for either man.
Abraham is Chelsea’s top scorer this season with 13 goals, making himself Lampard’s first-choice striker, and has also become a regular member of Gareth Southgate’s England squad.
The fact 19-year-old Hudson-Odoi signed a five-year contract worth £120,000-a-week in September is likely to mean that Abraham wants at least parity, if not a better deal.
Hudson-Odoi has recovered from the ruptured Achilles that meant he missed the opening to the new season, but he has still only started six Premier League games for Chelsea and is yet to score his first League goal.

Bayern Munich had wanted to sign Hudson-Odoi, which inflated his value, but 22-year-old Abraham would already be worth at least £60 million and would be wanted by a number of clubs at home and abroad if there was ever any possibility of a move.
His importance to Lampard’s team was further highlighted when they lost and failed to score against West Ham United and then beat Aston Villa, thanks to his goal and assist, on Abraham’s return.
Abraham signed his last £50,000-a-week contract in the summer of 2017 before joining Swansea City on loan.
James made his first-team debut for Chelsea in September and became the club’s youngest-ever goalscorer in the Champions League, when he netted in the 4-4 draw with Ajax. He has now made 14 Blues appearances in total. The 20-year-old only signed a new deal last summer ahead of his season-long loan at Wigan Athletic.
The journalist is Matt Law, who is usually reliable for Chelsea I believe. I didnt think Rashford warranted that bumper contract, but paying 120k/week for a youngster still to prove everything at the top level seems like a huge gamble. For context, Heung-min Son earns only 20k/week more than CHO.

duffer

Scout
Chelsea no closer to agreeing new deals with Reece James and Tammy Abraham

The journalist is Matt Law, who is usually reliable for Chelsea I believe. I didnt think Rashford warranted that bumper contract, but paying 120k/week for a youngster still to prove everything at the top level seems like a huge gamble. For context, Heung-min Son earns only 20k/week more than CHO.
It's definitely a gamble but do you let the player leave to Munich on a free and then spend have to £50 million on his replacement?

Spurs are known for underpaying their talent, it's why half the team want out.

VJ1762

It's definitely a gamble but do you let the player leave to Munich on a free and then spend have to £50 million on his replacement?

Spurs are known for underpaying their talent, it's why half the team want out.
Think the club got scarred by how they let KDB, Salah and the like go for peanuts and see them be successful elsewhere. Like you said, if he lives upto his potential, this will look like a bargain. Although I read on social media that he looks off the pace since returning from injury. Maybe it's a mental thing.

Surely you guys got to pay Tammy atleast on par or more than Hudson-Odoi? Reece James looks like a talent as well.

duffer

Scout
Think the club got scarred by how they let KDB, Salah and the like go for peanuts and see them be successful elsewhere. Like you said, if he lives upto his potential, this will look like a bargain. Although I read on social media that he looks off the pace since returning from injury. Maybe it's a mental thing.

Surely you guys got to pay Tammy atleast on par or more than Hudson-Odoi? Reece James looks like a talent as well.
Tammy will get at least the same, probably more, James will get less. They've both got two years left on their contracts so no rush.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Our official YouTube channel decided to post this video today :lol: Merry Christmas!

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Our official YouTube channel decided to post this video today :lol: Merry Christmas!
Chelsea is pure class. Love this club. And what a beautiful title for the video, no way this is a 12y old twat that wrote it, no way.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Chelsea is pure class. Love this club. And what a beautiful title for the video, no way this is a 12y old twat that wrote it, no way.
Merry Christmas matey!

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Indeed it is - Andre Marriner's finest hour
Yup, this game was actually really interesting when you look at it. Not just because the wrong player got sent off :lol:.

Current Arsenal and Chelsea manager both there, Lampard on the bench for us. Salah scoring for us looks very weird now, and Giroud was playing for Arsenal.

Also one of the last great Mourinho Performances, we won the league the next year but only got near this level of attacking performance against Everton and a lot of that season was super attritional wins by 1 goal.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Yup, this game was actually really interesting when you look at it. Not just because the wrong player got sent off :lol:.

Current Arsenal and Chelsea manager both there, Lampard on the bench for us. Salah scoring for us looks very weird now, and Giroud was playing for Arsenal.

Also one of the last great Mourinho Performances, we won the league the next year but only got near this level of attacking performance against Everton and a lot of that season was super attritional wins by 1 goal.
I honestly think you shouldn't have sold Schurrle. Perhaps he wouldn't have declined so quickly if he stayed at Chelsea as a valuable squad player who chipped in with ~10 goals a season.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Two things that really annoyed me about this. Why are there subtitles? Why did the editor put in a random drum beat every 20 seconds.

Love to see these guys doing well though, I'm from the same area (Earlsfield) as Antonio.
For people with hearing disabilities?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
We aren't scoring enough at home, only 11 all season in the league. If we're selling Giroud need replace with someone better who knows how to play against teams sitting deep.

Solution could be as simple as starting Giroud in all our home games from now on. Need someone link the attack together.

The way we're trying to play at home doesn't work.

Away we're doing fine.

cyberman

Surely there should be a Lampard sack watch thread by now?
Lampard ia a strange one. He really has the media onside to the point theyre on a shit run and all the commenators talk about is how he has created a fantastic atmosphere at the club and how Abrahams and Mount etc are integrated so well despite being next to useless for a long time now.
All the while theyve lost 5 in 6 and even before that they were far from convincing.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
We aren't scoring enough at home, only 11 all season in the league. If we're selling Giroud need replace with someone better who knows how to play against teams sitting deep.

Solution could be as simple as starting Giroud in all our home games from now on. Need someone link the attack together.

The way we're trying to play at home doesn't work.

Away we're doing fine.
Didn't watch the whole game but Tammys hold up play was fine. Can't see Giroud being the difference. The intensity was just off, Southampton out pressed and out harried Chelsea all game long.

Irwin99

It's one of the main things that Lampard, Ole and possibly even Arteta will have going for them them this season is that the league is absolutely mental in terms of the results that will be thrown out. In any other season you'd be more worried I think.

4th place could be decided by the lowest points total ever this season but i still probably see Chelsea as being the favourites.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Chelsea lost 3 out of 4 PL games at home, scored in only 1 of them.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Didn't watch the whole game but Tammys hold up play was fine. Can't see Giroud being the difference. The intensity was just off, Southampton out pressed and out harried Chelsea all game long.
It's a pattern all season long at home. We're averaging only slightly more than a goal a game and falling, pretty hard to win matches at the bridge scoring so few goals.

I watched Bournemouth game and Today. Totally toothless in both.

Giroud would struggle to make us worse than we've looked in last few home games, that is for sure.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
On a one team mission to relegate us for some reason, lost to West Ham, Everton, Bournemouth and now Southampton when all on hopeless runs in last month.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Lampard ia a strange one. He really has the media onside to the point theyre on a shit run and all the commenators talk about is how he has created a fantastic atmosphere at the club and how Abrahams and Mount etc are integrated so well despite being next to useless for a long time now.
All the while theyve lost 5 in 6 and even before that they were far from convincing.
Which games in the winning run were we "far from convincing" out of curiosity?

manc4red

I believe todays chelsea result is a good example of our fellow teams can lose to struggling sides. We need to realize that loses will happen and once the dust settles at the end of the season, we find ourselves on the right side of CL qualification spots

cyberman

Which games in the winning run were we "far from convincing" out of curiosity?
Ive answered that to you before. Youve lost 5 in 6 but it goes beyond those 6 games. Youve won 3 times in the league since the 30th of fecking October.
If Villa took points off you there would habe been no complaints. Thats 1 out of 3 right there. Even then its not a run.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Ive answered that to you before. Youve lost 5 in 6 but it goes beyond those 6 games. Youve won 3 times in the league since the 30th of fecking October.
If Villa took points off you there would habe been no complaints. Thats 1 out of 3 right there. Even then its not a run.
And as i replied to you, that's only the case if you look at the score without context.

We absolutely dominated Villa and were full value for the wins we had on our run.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
They're the anti United, while we can't win away Chelsea can't win at home

Hardly surprising given I expect both side the youngest average XI's in the league

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Theyve had 1 really good winning run where they played Grimsby, Brighton, lille, Southampton, Newcastle, ajax and Burnley. No back to back wins apart from that, incredibly shaky defence, no control on games and overall as inconsistent as us over the season. Biggest differences being we are very good in big games but shit against bottom clubs, they are good against bottom clubs but shit against top clubs. I'd say ours is an easier problem to fix (and one that wouldn't be as bad had Pogba been fit all season).

GenZRed

I've always thought CHO should have gone to Bayern. I think the money he is earning now has resulted in him losing his hunger. He was poor today but he has recently had a serious injury so it is too early to say he is overrated, but for the first time I am starting to doubt whether or not he can be a top, top player.

WillianOut

Supports
Chelsea
Lamps has completely lost the plot since the City defeat. I knew that the Tottenham win was going to result in our fans papering over the cracks, and Frank believing 3-4-3 is the way forward and playing it again. This season was always going to be a rollercoaster, we have lost our best player, had a transfer ban, new and unexperienced manager, youth coming through and declining players in need of phasing out. But, despite this all being true, if we are being hyper critical it isn't an excuse for the abject performances we have showed over the past 5 weeks or so.

I back Lampard due to the handicaps I have explained, but we are getting worse as time goes on and the most worrying thing is I cannot see our identity. We have kept switching between a 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 and 3--4-3, changing style every game and although you may return a one off result out of it, likes vs an atrocious Spurs team, in the long run it leaves the team clueless with no clear instructions in games on how to break teams down, which we have massively struggled with. I criticised Emery for doing this so I can't excuse Frank.

It is his first season here, and second season as a manager overall, but he needs to start nailing down a philosophy and stick with it. Sarri laid the building blocks there for him, as much as some people would never admit, a 4-3-3 (proven to be the most effective formation in world football at the moment), a team very good at building out the back and a team going towards a more attacking footprint rather than the defensive one we have been saddled with. All he had to do was implement the youth into this, quicken the tempo and add his own small tweaks and it did look that way for a time but he has gone against it for a while now.

Obviously it isn't all him, we have some poor players, but playing Azpi, who is no more no less than a burden on the team, at wing back is not the way to help us. Worrying times unless he shows a clear philosophy and sticks to it.