2019/20 Rivals - Chelsea

royce987

Chelsea FC have joined up with UK charity Refuge to raise awareness and valuable funds to support women and children experiencing domestic abuse during the current coronavirus pandemic

Last year 1.6 million women in the UK suffered from domestic abuse. Reports from around the world show that the Covid-19 global pandemic has led to increases in domestic abuse incidents due to the periods of isolation and lock down.

Self-isolation has the potential to aggravate pre-existing abusive behaviours by perpetrators and can make it more challenging for women to report and seek support.

Experts are warning that the coronavirus outbreak will lead to a "domestic abuse pandemic”.

To support Refuge’s life-changing and life-saving work and help raise awareness and funds, Chelsea FC Women’s manager Emma Hayes along with players from our women’s and men’s team have taken part in a digital campaign to ensure those in need of support know they are not alone and to raise funds for Refuge, with Chelsea promising to match all donations received in the next six-week period.
https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/04/02/chelsea-fc-to-team-up-with-uk-charity-refuge

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Ha ha I'll get my violin out.
There'a absolutely zero chance you have a violin. You're clearly the type to have something super-annoying like a ukulele or concertina.

Getting back to Chelsea, hopefully we have Ziyech on 01/07. I wonder if he'll be allowed to play when/if the league starts up again.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
There'a absolutely zero chance you have a violin. You're clearly the type to have something super-annoying like a ukulele or concertina.

Getting back to Chelsea, hopefully we have Ziyech on 01/07. I wonder if he'll be allowed to play when/if the league starts up again.
If we lose Willian and Pedro for games they'd have been otherwise available for surely we'd have a strong enough case?

It's not standard procedure but nothing about these times are.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
:nervous:
It's a very good design in my opinion. The shapes are fitting nicely with the blue color. With a large number 3 in front of it as a tribute for Chelsea's greatest manager in history. "Three for me and two for them. Respect respect respect".

RooneyLegend

Would Chelsea fans happily welcome Hazard back if Madrid were already sick and tired of his chubby ways?

TheLord

You have to give credit when due.

I think Chelsea have handled the Corona Virus crisis better than anyone else in the Premier League. You can blame Roman Abramovich for everything you want (including the World Wars if you want;)), but he seems to be the most benevolent of all billionaire owners in the PL.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
You have to give credit when due.

I think Chelsea have handled the Corona Virus crisis better than anyone else in the Premier League. You can blame Roman Abramovich for everything you want (including the World Wars if you want;)), but he seems to be the most benevolent of all billionaire owners in the PL.
I think us and Chelsea have come out of this looking very good. I'm sure there's a few others doing what they can. Liverpool, Spurs and Newcastle are in the moral relegation zone.

IrishGlen

We’ve done similar too - 30k items of food and drink to Manchester food banks, didn’t avail of the furlough scheme, the £350 reimbursement, Rashford with the school meals and then Nev & Giggs opened up Hotel Football / Stock Exchange to the NHS. Classy football clubs unlike Spurs and Liverpool.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
So... Werner, Chillwell and Tagliafico (it seems?)

together with Abraham evolving and Lampard settling, are they back into the title picture next season?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

together with Abraham evolving and Lampard settling, are they back into the title picture next season?
I still think it's a season too soon.

Could be a wildcard for a deep CL run if our best performances fall at the right time.

0le

Seems like some smart signings for Chelsea if they manage to complete the deals.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

They're miles off a title challenge and Lampard still has to prove he's capable in the big games

TheLord

I think they will be next season's Premier League contenders if all the rumoured transfers materialise. And they may be better off if they don't qualify for European spots. Their best performances in recent times have come when they've solely focused on the Premier League.

Some serious intent...

They won't be favourites though, as some posters here seem to think. The favourite tag will be still be on the "forever asterisked club", followed by City.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea

Don't see us challenging for the title again anytime soon.
Won't be consistent enough and we'll concede far too many goals to get near City or Liverpool. We don't have a settled system and integrating new players not so easy usually.

True I also thought similar before Conte won the title so hopefully be surprised again.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
Ziyech done, Werner close, Havertz and Chilwell rumoured. I'd personally like to add a centre back too (being greedy). I feel this would complete a very competitive squad.

Despite the the transfer ban, CL football from this season and the Hazard and Morata money I feel we'd need additional player sales. To balance it i'd look at selling the following:

Jorginho, Barkley, Moses, Zappacosta, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Zouma, Batshuayi. This in addition to releasing Willian and Pedro. We'll have to sell a fair few given we can't loan as many anymore.

If the bottom hasn't fallen out of the market we could be looking at £200-250m incoming (£100m just from Morata and Jorginho).

Possibly £250m out and £250m in this window, meaning the Hazard/CL funds can be used to offset the Covid damage

Josh 76

Ziyech done, Werner close, Havertz and Chilwell rumoured. I'd personally like to add a centre back too (being greedy). I feel this would complete a very competitive squad.

Despite the the transfer ban, CL football from this season and the Hazard and Morata money I feel we'd need additional player sales. To balance it i'd look at selling the following:

Jorginho, Barkley, Moses, Zappacosta, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Zouma, Batshuayi. This in addition to releasing Willian and Pedro. We'll have to sell a fair few given we can't loan as many anymore.

If the bottom hasn't fallen out of the market we could be looking at £200-250m incoming (£100m just from Morata and Jorginho).

Possibly £250m out and £250m in this window, meaning the Hazard/CL funds can be used to offset the Covid damage
If you did sign Werner, Harvertz and Chillwell.
What do you think would be your strongest 11?

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
If you did sign Werner, Harvertz and Chillwell.
What do you think would be your strongest 11?
This is tough, we would have a lot of players who can play in various positions.

I’d personally go with:

Werner. Abraham. Ziyech/Havertz

Havertz/RLC (If Fit)

Kovacic Kante

Chilwell Rudiger. Christensen. James.

Kepa

There would be depth on the bench too so plenty of players would still get game time

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
This is tough, we would have a lot of players who can play in various positions.

I’d personally go with:

Werner. Abraham. Ziyech/Havertz

Havertz/RLC (If Fit)

Kovacic Kante

Chilwell Rudiger. Christensen. James.

Kepa

There would be depth on the bench too so plenty of players would still get game time
I don't think Kova or Kante will ever be the deepest midfielder under Frank (certainly not on a permanent basis), just like with Sarri his clear preference is a dictator so it's either Jorginho or Gilmour.