2019/20 Rivals - Chelsea

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Most of them are overhit long balls. Its no wonder that he's ended up with no assists.
Exactly!

I can't imagine anyone watching that video and legitimately thinking 'yeah, he was creative!'.

He hit some hopeful long balls in which the defender/keeper was favourite 95% of the time or the person on the end of it had a crappy angle to deal with. Ok on one or two situations the attacker should do better but to consistently get assists you need to be putting the forward in situations where the odds favour him, Jorginho hasn't done that at all with those passes. They're hard to take down and get a shot off.

Blaming Chelsea's attackers is very convenient, but falls apart a bit when his midfield partners (not all of whom are creative at all) all out assisted him, despite the fact he played most of their games.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Chelsea fans should be very excited about next season. They've a genuine chance of bedding in RlC, CHO, Mason Mount, Zouma, Reece James in the first team along with Ampadu and perhaps Tammy Abraham. I'm not convinced about Tammy but I'm sure the rest of the players will become quality players in the future. Lampard is a gamble but it's good to see them try this approach and perhaps use their academy for one.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I hope he stays as backup but he won't be starting.
What ever happened to Matt Miazga? He was on loan twice wasn't he and he is touted as a very good CB form the U.S.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Chelsea fans should be very excited about next season. They've a genuine chance of bedding in RlC, CHO, Mason Mount, Zouma, Reece James in the first team along with Ampadu and perhaps Tammy Abraham. I'm not convinced about Tammy but I'm sure the rest of the players will become quality players in the future. Lampard is a gamble but it's good to see them try this approach and perhaps use their academy for one.
Agree but I dont see them improving to the point of challenging City and Liverpool. I think battling it out with Spurs, us and Arsenal for third and fourth.

TheeAma12

Supports
Chelsea
Petr Cech announced as Technical Advisor. Based on the club description he's incharge of integrating youth and creating a link with them and the senior team, will also advise Marina/Board on player and performance matters he also overseas all support departments. So not a director of football like at Juve or Ajax but our business side(Marina) now has an experience ex-player advising her on all footballing stuff.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Cech is an Abramovich favourite, hence him sanctioning his Arsenal move over the head and against the will of Mourinho... Seems like a sensible decision to me and he could be a very good team with Marina.

Raw

Cech in, Lampard and Makelele possible. Seems like Chelsea are getting the band back together.

Skills

Snitch
Cech always felt like a Chelsea player on loan at Arsenal. He's back in his natural habitat

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Cech in, Lampard and Makelele possible. Seems like Chelsea are getting the band back together.
There’s 38 games to go, we lost our best player, we lost our manager, we have a transfer ban and we’re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

Pete Dahh Sneak

Supports
Chelsea
So does the board/Conte get credit for offloading that POS Costa now or are we still gonna pretend like it was the wrong move?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Really going to be interesting to see how Lampard intends to play. Looks like it might be watchable via the Chelsea website as not on normal TV.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Redan is apparently joining Hertha for only 2,5m€. Isn't he very highly rated?
There were lots of interested top teams before he decided to join Chelsea if I remember correctly.

AllezLesDiables

Why Abramovich choose Lampard over Mourinho ?
Mourinho isn’t stable. The last year at Chelsea and United were disasters both in results and his antics.

The scandal with Eva Carneiro, calling out player’s loyalty by calling them rats.

The whole Sevilla presser debacle saying United has a history of losing and were playing at their level along with calling out Pogba.

Welbeckham

Why Abramovich choose Lampard over Mourinho ?
I think he should and would’ve chosen many others over Mourinho too. I don’t think he’s very high at the wishlists anymore, at least if clubs have any common sense.

Luke1995

Well guys, Lampard is a much better fit for the transfer ban and won't create tension, sure, I just thought that Mourinho could come in there and do what he did in 2014-15. Perhaps Abramovich got the last milk of his prime then.

AkaAkuma

Watching the game vs Kawasaki. They look toothless. Mount looks an interesting player, can unlock a defense, but not sure he's prem ready.

Zouma, Batshuayi are bad.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Not going to read anything in to pre-season...

We have Utd, and two games against Liverpool before the end of September though, mixed in with some very winnable games. So by the end of the September we'll have a reasonable idea of what level we're going to be at this season.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
This is obviously a transitional period for Chelsea, bedding in a lot of young players and dealing with the transfer ban. But I think they will really struggle to score goals and would be very surprised if they made the Top 4.

Chelsea were already the lowest scoring club in the Top 6 each of the last two seasons - so its not just a Sarri issue - and that was with Hazard. They have good players in midfield and defense but they don't have much attacking creativity or thrust either in midfield or from any of their fullbacks. They team has been designed to be solid defensively and to rely on the forwards to score enough on their own. This might work when you have the league's best player at creating danger in these situations on his own but when you don't I think its a problem.

AshRK

They really need one of their youngsters to shine big time or they are in trouble. I look at their squad and bar Kante I do not see any world class player there.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
We are lucky we are playing them first. They look like a team in disarray and it will take some time for them to get a rhythm going if that is even possible with the squad they have. I am sure most teams are happy that they don’t have to face a Chelsea with Hazard in it and a strikeforce consisting of Giroud, Abraham or batshuayi. The return of Cheeks and Odoi migt give Chelsea a slight boost, but for them to perform well a few of their players will have to play at another level. Lampard might be the key for that transformation.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
I didn't watch (no interest in pre season friendlies) but I hope the performance was as bad as it could imagineably be and that it outs to bed any further notions of playing a formation with wide men until Hudson-Odoi is back to full fitness and it can be him and Pulisic on the wings. Willian and Pedro are fine as bench options but the makeup of the squad post-Hazard is much more suited to playing a narrow formation either diamond, x-mas tree or 4-2-2-2. The improvement in the side towards the end of last season came once Willian and Pedro's starts became limited.

Robbie Boy

Definitely, straight to League One I reckon. Then Abramovic will lose interest, Tim Lovejoy will takeover.
No, it’ll be the Championship. Don’t be ridiculous no way Chelsea will be relegated twice, I reckon they’ll be straight back up.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
No, it’ll be the Championship. Don’t be ridiculous no way Chelsea will be relegated twice, I reckon they’ll be straight back up.
I dunno, the championship is a tough league. Lampard has experience there though so maybe he can go a step further in the play offs.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Chelsea are not getting relegated ffs :lol:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Spurs and Man United finished miles behind Chelsea last season. I know they're both spending truckloads to try to make up the gap but it's a bit rich for their fans to give it large.