2019/20 Rivals - Chelsea

DarkLord

A few match stats for Chelsea v Wolves.

Chelsea haven't lost a league game against Wolves at home since 1979.

It's 2002 since Chelsea lost a final game of the season at home ( V Aston Villa)

Wolves have lost 4 of their last 5 closing day matches. Last win coming 10 years ago against Sunderland.
I wish I saw this before the game. Should have stuck a fiverr on Chelsea. Good odds.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Atletico Madrid President has confirmed that there has been a bid for Oblak. Simeone and his Assistant have both stated that the Russian, Abramovich himself is trying to buy Oblak.
Sauce for that? There's nothing on Twitter. Where's the mustard?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
It was stated by their president in an interview while talking about how Oblak deserved winning Best La Liga goalkeeper over Courtois.
Simeone and his assistant stated that were interested over interviews also. Im sure you can find more information about it in English if you search Jan Oblaks name on google.
I see nothing about a bid confirmation. The quote everyone is using is "It's not unusual that he attracts offers from other big clubs". Either this is a mistranslation of the President's words or you've got it wrong.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
It was stated by their president in an interview while talking about how Oblak deserved winning Best La Liga goalkeeper over Courtois.
Simeone and his assistant stated that were interested over interviews also. Im sure you can find more information about it in English if you search Jan Oblaks name on google.

While we are on the goalkeeper topic (I also dont want to waste my 10 per day post limit) Ter Stegen’s contract renewals have stalled for awhile now. I think theres a big possibility we can get him if we bid, especially since Barca is asking their players to take paycuts and we now have a few German players contigent of Havertz coming.
:lol::lol::lol:

Oh wait you were being serious?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
:lol::lol::lol:

Oh wait you were being serious?
It's clutching at straws but then again, I don't think there's a more incompetent board in world football than Barcelona's. I still put this in the 0% chance of happening category regardless.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
This is the closest I can find to a source and it really amounts to nothing. No mention of Abramovich negotiating at all.

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/chelsea-jan-oblak-transfer-news-18677186

All I could add is that Kepa is Spanish and could be used in a part exchange deal. He must be worth £50 at least.
Valuation can be higher or lower depends on the importance of the player in the team, the potential & talent of the player as part of investment & the performance. Kepa is not ticking any of these three and I'll be surprised if Atl Madrid even value him for more than £20m.

They know you are desperate to sell, looking for a new keeper & Oblak himself hasn't put transfer request, they won't accept it and they are going to do what Napoli did last season on Koulibaly. Pay the full of his release clause or feck off :lol:

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Lampard 19/20 season is flying under the radar. In my own opinion, he has a good case for manager of the year. Not many managers can perform well after spending 0 in two transfer window. As a United fan, if we did that with Ole, we would probably be fighting relegation as Bruno turned our season around and Maguire and AWB has given us one of the best defense in Europe.

It will be interesting to see how well Lampard does with the addition he has made. They all are improvements on what they had, so I expect them to be much stronger next season.

edit: also forgot they lost their best player in Hazard as well.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
What's up with this never ending Hazard and Morata money which Chelsea fans have been going on about for over an year? That money is already spent, Pulisic cost £58m and they signed Kovacic permanently for £40m before the transfer ban. The Ziyech transfer was also sealed before the current season was done, and he cost £40m.

These new wave of signings are from Abrahamovic pocket, many on here have forgotten about the original oligarch of this league. They can spend upwards of £250m without banking an eye-lid, all this talk about money being saved from Hazard and Morata being spent now is laughable, it's long gone.

Lampard 19/20 season is flying under the radar. In my own opinion, he has a good case for manager of the year. Not many managers can perform well after spending 0 in two transfer window. As a United fan, if we did that with Ole, we would probably be fighting relegation as Bruno turned our season around and Maguire and AWB has given us one of the best defense in Europe.

It will be interesting to see how well Lampard does with the addition he has made. They all are improvements on what they had, so I expect them to be much stronger next season.

edit: also forgot they lost their best player in Hazard as well.
Lampard took over a squad full of potential and he still had to rely on veterans in the squad who he didn't originally rate to scrape Top 4. See, Alonso and Giroud. Given, how crap the league has been, he's done an okay job. You and many others need to look how many points they have picked up in last 20-25 matches in PL.

I'm not biggest fan of Ole, but he's done a better job this year given the shit he had in his squad.

DarkLord

I see that Roman Abramovich has decided to make a comeback and show the world who is the real boss! He's going all 2004 again.

TheReligion

Abusive
Atletico Madrid President has confirmed that there has been a bid for Oblak. Simeone and his Assistant have both stated that the Russian, Abramovich himself is trying to buy Oblak.
You'll get rinsed for Oblak.

Everyone knows you paid £75m for Kepa.

First £100m keeper.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
What's up with this never ending Hazard and Morata money which Chelsea fans have been going on about for over an year? That money is already spent, Pulisic cost £58m and they signed Kovacic permanently for £40m before the transfer ban. The Ziyech transfer was also sealed before the current season was done, and he cost £40m.

These new wave of signings are from Abrahamovic pocket, many on here have forgotten about the original oligarch of this league. They can spend upwards of £250m without banking an eye-lid, all this talk about money being saved from Hazard and Morata being spent now is laughable, it's long gone.

Lampard took over a squad full of potential and he still had to rely on veterans in the squad who he didn't originally rate to scrape Top 4. See, Alonso and Giroud. Given, how crap the league has been, he's done an okay job. You and many others need to look how many points they have picked up in last 20-25 matches in PL.

I'm not biggest fan of Ole, but he's done a better job this year given the shit he had in his squad.
Chelsea haven't made any additional signings after Ziyech and Werner just yet so we should all reserve judgement for a while. Personally I don't they need Havertz, especially if they give Willian another two years. They have plenty up front and need to focus on the defence. Maybe they intend to sell somebody to raise some funds but when calculating their "war chest" it cannot be forgotten that appart from the Hazard and Morata money they also have the transfer budget they would have spent in those two closed windows.

Hazard £130m
Morata £48m
2 windows £100m
Thats about £278m when they have only spent £98m on Pulisic and Kovacic, £33m on Ziyech and £48m on Werner. That totals approximately £179m leaving a further £99m in the pot before Roman has to shell out of this years transfer budget.

He may want to do just that.

Last edited:

MadMike

We should really have a new thread created for the coming season. This thread is over a year old and it was intended for last season.

We no longer have any games in the same competition as Chelsea for the 19/20 season.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
To be fair this is coloured by the way the season ended - 5th is Leicester's second highest finish ever in the top flight.

That said, I'd lean towards Wilder. Really tremendous season for Sheffield United.
Their form in 2020 is horrendous. They've won 5 times in 18 games in the league totalling 20 points, thats the same as West Ham. 11 clubs finished with more points in 2020.

No doubt they started well, but rewarding a Manager for choking a Top 4 spot is mental. Not even like they did well in the cups, quarters and semis is all they managed.

I'd be gutted if I was a Leicester fan and very angry at Brendan for allowing the team to bottle it so, so hard.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Their form in 2020 is horrendous. They've won 5 times in 18 games in the league totalling 20 points, thats the same as West Ham. 11 clubs finished with more points in 2020.

No doubt they started well, but rewarding a Manager for choking a Top 4 spot is mental. Not even like they did well in the cups, quarters and semis is all they managed.

I'd be gutted if I was a Leicester fan and very angry at Brendan for allowing the team to bottle it so, so hard.
Yeah I don't think he deserves it, but if you'd offered Leicester 5th when the season started they'd have been thrilled. Suppose it comes down to whether you think the award should evaluate the extent to which a team overperformed expectations from the start of the year or if context as the season goes along is important.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Their defending is a disgrace. A fecking tragedy we didn't have a good at them.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
You can add Pulisic to the list academy graduates Lampard has given opportunities to :wenger: