2019/20 Rivals - Spurs | Bergwijn out for the remainder of the season

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Wait is this true? Please dont tell me Glaston has been banned?
No Squishy was banned, Glaston I have not seen since Spurs have started this recent run of not giving a feck and being worse than us, despite his proclamations about how much the players love Pochettino and how the new stadium will launch Spurs to new heights.

Glaston is probably hiding out in India, or seeing a therapist or something.

On the plus side if Spurs do not make CL(seeming likely) and we somehow miraculously do, cheeky bid for Son and Kane ;)

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Reports today in Sky that Verts is now happy to reopen contract talks and also some confidence that Toby could be persuaded to stay, what the feck was going on under Poch?

VJ1762

Reports today in Sky that Verts is now happy to reopen contract talks and also some confidence that Toby could be persuaded to stay, what the feck was going on under Poch?
Poch will spit the truth after we appoint him in December.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Poch will spit the truth after we appoint him in December.
I doubt he would get into that to be honest, there was rumours of Trippier and Toby falling out at some point last year. Then I think Poch fell out with Eriksen at some point over his contract and I think some of the players obviously took the players side, who knows. He's a good coach and ultimately his time at the club had come to an end, I wouldn't mind seeing him at United but I don't think he will be back in the PL.

VJ1762

I doubt he would get into that to be honest, there was rumours of Trippier and Toby falling out at some point last year. Then I think Poch fell out with Eriksen at some point over his contract and I think some of the players obviously took the players side, who knows. He's a good coach and ultimately his time at the club had come to an end, I wouldn't mind seeing him at United but I don't think he will be back in the PL.
Hey man, don't dash my hopes, please.
Imagine him at Arsenal, though.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Squishy banned, Glaston awol, hang on in there InLevy.

One wheel on my wagon
And I’m still rolling along...

;)
GlastonSpur posted in the Kane thread the other day I think - lurking, rather than missing.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Glaston makes an appearance now Spurs start winning a few games.

As for Squishy, lost his shit in the rugby thread apparently.
My first posts in a fair while were actually about the change of managers at Spurs.

I haven't commented on any Spurs games from since before we won 5 - 0 in the Champions League way back on October 22nd. Would you have liked me to comment on that win? If not, which of the subsequent victories would you have liked me to comment on. Do tell.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

Dread to think how long our list would be. Good video none the less.
they did one last summer after we had signed james
they said we should buy a right back... which we did, a centreback, which we did and a central midfielder (we didnt)
from there a bit downhill though as they said we should buy
Pena not bissika
eboa eboa not maguire (i had to look up eboa eboa appartently he plays in leigue 2 france)
and sangare in midfield (tolouse)

they suggested we should line up as
---James----Rashford----Lingaard
------Pogba----Sagngare----Fred
Shaw--EboaEboa, Lindeloff, Pena
--------------------De Gea-----------------------

yeah I'm not convinced its any better than what we have

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
My first posts in a fair while were actually about the change of managers at Spurs.

I haven't commented on any Spurs games from since before we won 5 - 0 in the Champions League way back on October 22nd. Would you have liked me to comment on that win? If not, which of the subsequent victories would you have liked me to comment on. Do tell.
All of them.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
All of them.
I see.

So you've gone from complaining today that I've only started posting again now that Spurs have started "winning a few games", to wishing I had commented on any or all of the Spurs wins since the win on October 22nd :houllier:

Last edited:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Jose has already brought 17yo Dennis Cirkin from the youth team to the first team, surprising as the kid hasn't even had a debut.

Irwin99

Still conceding goals. Thought Jose would have that defence locked down straight away. He's certainly got Dele playing well again though.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Still conceding goals. Thought Jose would have that defence locked down straight away. He's certainly got Dele playing well again though.
It will take some time. My stools had more structure after a curry than they Spurs back 4 under Poch. They’ve certainly got that fight back again.

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It will take some time. My stools had more structure after a curry than they Spurs back 4 under Poch. They’ve certainly got that fight back again.
The center halves have 1 functional athlete and there's no decent defensive midfielder anywhere to be found.

Until the summer, this defence is just going to leak goals like crazy. It is what it is.

Irwin99

A feekick and a 96 minute goal, meh.
Just seen the highlights, it could have been 3-3 but for an outstanding last ditch tackle from Vertonghen.

Suppose it doesn't matter too much when you've got Dele, Kane and Son as your forward players. Could be a high scoring game on Wednesday :nervous:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Our defence apart from Sanchez has been awful for most of the season - Dier is our only DM and he has the turning circle of an oil tanker at the moment. For me we need two new full-backs, a DM and a centre back then we should be up there challenging. Our attack is as good as any team out there and we have some decent midfield players, we just need a better shield of the defence.

::sonny::

Looks like Utd under Solskjær last year in the first period

Even for them will not work for long

BigDub

Supports
Spurs
Our defence apart from Sanchez has been awful for most of the season - Dier is our only DM and he has the turning circle of an oil tanker at the moment. For me we need two new full-backs, a DM and a centre back then we should be up there challenging. Our attack is as good as any team out there and we have some decent midfield players, we just need a better shield of the defence.
Agreed. Dier looks so out of shape. Surprised Jose has started him in all his matches so far, despite the fact that he’s clearly always liked him as a player. Just doesn’t seem fit.

Sanchez has indeed started playing better, which is great to see. So much potential there and we very much need him to realize it.

Do you have any reservations about offering Jan a new deal? Love the man and he’s clearly still able to read the game as that last ditch tackle today showed, but he’s also clearly lost a step and it’s definitely shown in most of his appearances this year.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Will be very interesting to see how Mourinho approaches Wednesday, I remember when he came to OT in his 2nd game as Chelsea boss in his 2nd spell and he essentially came for a 0-0 and got it and we know from experience how he's set us up in big away games at Liverpool despite them being there for the taking at the time

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Agreed. Dier looks so out of shape. Surprised Jose has started him in all his matches so far, despite the fact that he’s clearly always liked him as a player. Just doesn’t seem fit.

Sanchez has indeed started playing better, which is great to see. So much potential there and we very much need him to realize it.

Do you have any reservations about offering Jan a new deal? Love the man and he’s clearly still able to read the game as that last ditch tackle today showed, but he’s also clearly lost a step and it’s definitely shown in most of his appearances this year.
I'd rather offer Jan a new deal than Toby.

redmeister

Son and Alli are playing the same position and it's working. Spurs are effectively playing with two left wing forwards.