2019/20 Rivals - Spurs | Bergwijn out for the remainder of the season

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Man City to replace Aguero? Real Madrid to replace Benzema?
I can't see that happening. Spurs will demand not less than a nine figure sum for Kane, yet he is now one of the most injury prone players in the PL. He may be brilliant when fit, but what's the point of spending a fortune on a player who will only play half a season? And Real Madrid are already battling with Hazard's long term fitness problems after getting him in a £150m deal which some people thought was a steal.

Last edited:

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Yeah, we have more injuries and you could argue that Kante is our best player (like Kane is theirs) but them having Kane & Son out at the same time is the real kicker.

Going into the season with 2 players who can play upfront (and no kids who are remotely close to being ready) was madness from them.
Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic, Abraham is a far worse injurylist than Spurs imo.

All I am saying is they should be doing better even with Kane and Son out. There first XI on paper is still Good. Mourinho just being ultra defensive and it does not suit them.

royce987

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy said "people need to wake up to the enormity" of the coronavirus pandemic as the club announced 550 non-playing staff will take a 20% pay cut.

Levy, who earned £7m last year - £4m in wages plus £3m for the completion of Tottenham's stadium move - is among the non-playing directors and employees at the club who will take a cut in salary, initially for April and May.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52105337

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not going to have quite the same vibe as the City doc Amazon Prime did will it :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Is it covering this season or the run in last year? Beyond the sacking of Poch and Mourinho coming in it must be Spurs's most boring season since around 2004, 9th in league and no major cup runs.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Is it covering this season or the run in last year? Beyond the sacking of Poch and Mourinho coming in it must be Spurs's most boring season since around 2004, 9th in league and no major cup runs.
I think it's from the start of this season - it's going to be a total shit show. I'm going to cringe my way through it and try not to throw stuff at my new tv.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Spurs have only dropped 2 points from the last 5, we're the only other team to pick up 13 point out of the last 15 possible. Anyone who watches Spurs wanna go into what's going right recently?

redmeister

Spurs have only dropped 2 points from the last 5, we're the only other team to pick up 13 point out of the last 15 possible. Anyone who watches Spurs wanna go into what's going right recently?
I haven't watched all the games, but to hazard a guess, I'd say it's because Kane and Son are back. Before those 2 were injured, since Jose took over, they were doing well.

DevilRed

Depleted leceister and lucky against the gooners, who outplayed them immensely only to be undone by luiz.

el3mel

If not for this terrible period without Kane and Son I think they would have pushed for 4th spot and finished 5th or so. Mourinho has done alright there imo. Not brilliant or anything but alright. 6th won't be a bad position if they get it considering what happened throughout the season overall.

With both Kane and Son around or even one of them, they're definitely a good enough for a top 4 team, which is what I think they'll achieve next season.

I still don't see them winning trophies without proper investment though.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Can someone change the title, every time I see this thread bumped I think Bergwijn has picked up an injury and then remember it just hasn't been changed in months

As for Spurs I'm still not convinced, today in fairness was the best I've seen them under Mourinho but take away two world class finishes from Kane and it's a different game but then that's what Mourinho has been about in recent years, relying on individual brilliance to turn 0-0's into wins.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
If not for this terrible period without Kane and Son I think they would have pushed for 4th spot and finished 5th or so. Mourinho has done alright there imo. Not brilliant or anything but alright. 6th won't be a bad position if they get it considering what happened throughout the season overall.

With both Kane and Son around or even one of them, they're definitely a good enough for a top 4 team, which is what I think they'll achieve next season.

I still don't see them winning trophies without proper investment though.
If Levy doesn't realize this he's a lost cause

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They've really played 5 games since the Sheffield United mauling? I was sure that was only about 10 days ago? Time flies with this crazy fixture list.

SambaBoy

Controlled performance yesterday. They conceded possession to Leicester but never looked in danger of conceding which is a Mourinho strength. Be interesting to see how he gets on next year, normally it ends in ruin but will see, he's done an ok job so far. Not as bad as some would have you believe.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Romano said Conte wants Ndombele and player swaps might happen, Sky italia said players mentioned are Perisic, Brozovic, Skriniar.

Can't see Skriniar leaving, think it will be Perisic + money.

Finally Jose can get his dream attack, Willian and Perisic running down the wings.

Classical Mechanic

Romano said Conte wants Ndombele and player swaps might happen, Sky italia said players mentioned are Perisic, Brozovic, Skriniar.

Can't see Skriniar leaving, think it will be Perisic + money.

Finally Jose can get his dream attack, Willian and Perisic running down the wings.
Dier, Willian, Perisic. Mou gets what Mou wants eventually.

Classical Mechanic

Could you imagine, we could have been stuck with these signings.

On another note, where have Inter found this money ?
They have rich owners but there's also a newish tax law that means top earners only have to pay tax on 50% of their income. It's given Italian sides more power in the transfer market.