2019/20 Rivals - Spurs | Bergwijn out for the remainder of the season

Are Spurs going to keep Tierney this summer? I saw he was linked with a move away. Also are they looking to get a back up for Kane? Cant help but feel he misses more games with his ankle than he used to.
Trippier you mean, Tierney plays for Celtic.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
"It's hard to describe but he knows how to touch" "I saw that he really wanted and liked me."

Weird.

Whatever gets the player to sign I guess.
I'm guessing its a case of lost in translation, rather than Poch giving potential signings a hand job :lol:.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Are Spurs going to keep Tierney this summer? I saw he was linked with a move away. Also are they looking to get a back up for Kane? Cant help but feel he misses more games with his ankle than he used to.
I would say he is gone, we need a RB that's for sure. We wont be signing another striker.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
N’Dombele and Ceballos would be two brilliant additions for them if the latter joins.

Kag

Spurs lost 13 league games last season. It’s often forgotten, in part due to their (incredible) run to the Champions League final. Which is fair enough, but let’s not pretend they’re infallible because they’re not.

Guy Incognito

They are better than us and again will finish above us.
And what happens if they win n'owt again?

Sure trophies aren't a measure of Spurs' development but the press, who keep saying Pochettino is building something like he's bricklayer, will be the first ones to criticise him if they don't lift a pot.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Spurs lost 13 league games last season. It’s often forgotten, in part due to their (incredible) run to the Champions League final. Which is fair enough, but let’s not pretend they’re infallible because they’re not.
We should have kept hold of Dembele after January we suffered massively because of that.

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves
I'll stick my neck out here and say they'll be in the top three. Hard to see beyond City winning the title but Spurs could finish above Liverpool who at the moment haven't strengthened.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Not sure (assuming that you mean Trippier). Personally I'd like to keep him, although it seems that many Spurs fans don't.

For starters I struggle to see who we're going to sign as a clear upgrade. And secondly, I feel he will be better than last season because he's had a chance to rest up this summer, whereas last summer was the World Cup.

There is some talk of perhaps shifting Foyth across to RB, where he's played a few times both for Spurs and Argentina. And maybe Pochettino wants to see how everyone looks - including the other RBs (Aurier and Kyle Walker-Peters) - in the first week or two of pre-season training before deciding what to do.

I don't know of any real targets as backup for Kane.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
True. But this season we get to play all of our home games in our actual home stadium, which will make a positive difference I think.

Johan07

Think he is busy playing for Celtic.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Not sure (assuming that you mean Trippier). Personally I'd like to keep him, although it seems that many Spurs fans don't.

For starters I struggle to see who we're going to sign as a clear upgrade. And secondly, I feel he will be better than last season because he's had a chance to rest up this summer, whereas last summer was the World Cup.

There is some talk of perhaps shifting Foyth across to RB, where he's played a few times both for Spurs and Argentina. And maybe Pochettino wants to see how everyone looks - including the other RBs (Aurier and Kyle Walker-Peters) - in the first week or two of pre-season training before deciding what to do.

Would love Max Arrons in at RB.

red4ever 79

My bad I meant Trippier. Was thinking of the other lad due to Arsenal's interest. Think you need a back up for Kane

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Would love Max Arrons in at RB.
He signed a new contract only 9 months ago, running until 2023. Combine that with Norwich being back in the Prem and I really don't see him wanting to leave so soon.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Aye they were shite at the end of the season. But so was everyone else, woeful run of form for Spurs, Arsenal and us.

They're clear 3rd favourites. Not really sticking your neck out there!
I agree I think they are not catching City or Liverpool, but are in front of us Arsenal and Chelsea on current xfer window progress. If they do sign some more new players will usually take them a year to settle and adapt their game to the EPL.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Harry Winks and Ben Davies have signed new, 5 year contracts.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Harry Winks and Ben Davies have signed new, 5 year contracts.
Great news, both players should be very useful to have in the squad and are at a good age as well. Do you know how much they earn?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Great news, both players should be very useful to have in the squad and are at a good age as well. Do you know how much they earn?
No … except more than before I guess :p

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Amazed Ben Davies is only 26, Spurs signed him when he was only 20 then. He was looking very good a few years ago but seems to have reverted to squad back up now.

I do think Spurs could refresh their full back options a little bit, right side is an issue and maybe another season of Rose talking about moving on.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Amazed Ben Davies is only 26, Spurs signed him when he was only 20 then. He was looking very good a few years ago but seems to have reverted to squad back up now.

I do think Spurs could refresh their full back options a little bit, right side is an issue and maybe another season of Rose talking about moving on.
Yeah I assume Ben Davies will be a squad option at LB and CB at a pinch, he is also comfortable in a back 3 on the left side. I still feel we need more quality at LB and RB with RB being the more urgent one.

Irwin99

How are they shaping to line up with their new players next season? What are Spurs fans expecting?

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
How are they shaping to line up with their new players next season? What are Spurs fans expecting?
Spurs will bring in Sessegnon from Fulham I'd say, apart from that depends on outgoing. If Eriksen departs then Lo Celso to Spurs is on. Alderweireld still up in the air as well. Trippier out, Walker Petiers to be in rotation with Aurier.

Spurs improved their worst area of the pitch with the Ndombele signing. Should have moved one of Dier or Wanyama on, those old style midfield destroyers becoming a thing of the past in favour of modern more mobile engines in the Fernandinho, Kante style. Which is what we were aiming for with the Fred signing I believe, and Arsenal were looking for with Torreira.

Decent, settled squad Pochettino has. Still not much depth if they get a few injuries.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Guess we'll see if this Serge Aurier is a myth or not now. They've had Kyle Walker Peters around first time squad for about 18 months now so guess it's time he got a few more games.

Spurs got a good 4 years out of Trippier but he was a real weak link last season in the run in so probably good time to cash in.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
It's a really low price then in that case. Does Poch just want rid?
He really struggled last season, Poch is pretty brutal when someone loses mobility.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
He started him in the Champions League final above Aurier and Walker-Peters, didn't he?

Anyway, interesting move for Trippier.
Aurier was injured last season towards the end and missed a few games leading up to the final, not sure how his fitness was, and he isn't much better than Trippier in my eyes anyway. Both Trippier and Aurier has been a liability at times, and Walker-Peters is not good enough yet. It's the position we desperately need to strengthen in my view. I'd personally keep Trippier if I could shift Aurier, but I can understand Poch if there is only interest for Trippier.

Interestingly Foyth played right back for Argentina, and has done so for Spurs as well a few times. I wouldn't be surprised if he became our starting right back, although I hope we invest in one. We have been linked with Dani Alves which I wouldn't be against.