2019/20 Rivals - Spurs | Bergwijn out for the remainder of the season

TheReligion

Abusive
Forget shaving his hair, the first thing Jose should have done when he walked through the door of the new cheese room was get Winks' eye brows plucked. Maybe even threaded. Get that man a jump suit and he'd get called out as International Rescue.

RedDevilUnited369

That article says Jose only has £50m to spend in the summer...

I can’t see how this will work for the special one.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

luke511

As usual with SkySports its probably better to read the story than guess what it is by the headline, I see nothing here that would infuriate any Spurs fan to be honest.
Nah I read all of it, all textbook Mourinho. Public dig on his attitude not being up to standard, no need really.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Tough but I'm oddly fairly confident - losing Son is a big blow but feck it we should have enough to get results.
Well. That confidence worked out well. 4 fat L plates for you my friend.

ReallyUSA

Can't blame Mourinho right? The team was inconsistent before he even got there.

GazTheLegend

Spurs right now are like the footballing equivalent of that fight scene in Saving Private Ryan where the German fights the American dude with the knife and Upham downstairs, only it's Jose Mourinho going "shhhhhh" at the end over the desperate soon-to-be corpse of Tottenham Hotspur

The Amazon documentary is going to be fecking incredible

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
What do you think the problem is with Spurs right now?
Injuries to key players ( really our only regular goal scorers), several other key players who have declined significantly in past year (Toby and Jan), general lack of investment meaning we have decent but not great players who really should only be squad players having to play every match (Winks, Aurier, Lucas, Dier). You also have a squad who have been in decline and lacking confidence/motivation for over a year - before Jose came in the problems were there and obvious, Jose has been very unlucky with the injuries which has only compounded the problems.

The club is in crisis at the moment - I hope Jose can turn it around and to be honest he has enough experience to do it - I'd rather have somebody with his experience in the role right now than somebody else - this is why I'm still supporting him as manager and don't really blame him for what is happening. This is bigger than Jose and the problems have been there since before he came. The problem is Levy and the board in my opinion.

Djemba-Djemba

Injuries to key players ( really our only regular goal scorers), several other key players who have declined significantly in past year (Toby and Jan), general lack of investment meaning we have decent but not great players who really should only be squad players having to play every match (Winks, Aurier, Lucas, Dier). You also have a squad who have been in decline and lacking confidence/motivation for over a year - before Jose came in the problems were there and obvious, Jose has been very unlucky with the injuries which has only compounded the problems.

The club is in crisis at the moment - I hope Jose can turn it around and to be honest he has enough experience to do it - I'd rather have somebody with his experience in the role right now than somebody else - this is why I'm still supporting him as manager and don't really blame him for what is happening. This is bigger than Jose and the problems have been there since before he came. The problem is Levy and the board in my opinion.
But when has he ever turned round a club in crisis?

Whenever things start to go wrong for him at a club things tend to just keep getting worse as he becomes more and more toxic and negative.

I understand he's your manager and you're duty bound to defend him and be optimistic but I don't know, he strikes me as a very bad option in times of crisis.

But when has he ever turned round a club in crisis?

Whenever things start to go wrong for him at a club things tend to just keep getting worse as he becomes more and more toxic and negative.

I understand he's your manager and you're duty bound to defend him and be optimistic but I don't know, he strikes me as a very bad option in times of crisis.
spurs would be better off with Big Sam than Jose in this situation - and I’m not joking. In the last 20 years, Jose has had success when he can take a very good team, and make it better by spending money. He doesn’t have the mentality for a rebuild.

Many Utd fans were deluded thinking Jose could turn it around when at Utd (myself included), everyone else knew he was in meltdown phase. Now we can see what everyone else can see, except spurs fans.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Well, atleast Kane is back in training.. Anyone knows his status?

Anyhow, it dosent look good for Spurs at the moment. They look pretty toothless especially in attack.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Well, atleast Kane is back in training.. Anyone knows his status?

Anyhow, it dosent look good for Spurs at the moment. They look pretty toothless especially in attack.
Watch Kane return to the XI against us on Sunday :rolleyes:

Okey

That's some major bad luck afflicting then at the business end of the season. Almost feel sorry for them.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Kane, Foyth, Sissoko, Davies, Son and Bergwijn. Not getting any sympathy from me anyway and I'm sure not from you the Chelsea fan with more injuries than that and playing better
Yeah, we have more injuries and you could argue that Kante is our best player (like Kane is theirs) but them having Kane & Son out at the same time is the real kicker.

Going into the season with 2 players who can play upfront (and no kids who are remotely close to being ready) was madness from them.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Yeah, we have more injuries and you could argue that Kante is our best player (like Kane is theirs) but them having Kane & Son out at the same time is the real kicker.

Going into the season with 2 players who can play upfront (and no kids who are remotely close to being ready) was madness from them.
No different to United having Pogba and Rashford out for ages. Agree its madness the lack of goalscorers they have but they had the opportunity same as us to do an Ighalo type deal and never took it