2 : 2​
Tottenham​
L​
EPL​
01/01/2020​
Southampton​
1 : 0​
Tottenham​
That's just 2 convincing wins in there as well.

lysglimt

Scout
With todays results - a draw is not a bad result for us. We don't lose anything on Chelsea, and we increase our lead to both Wolves and Spurs

But of course - a win would make it a magic day :)

PyroMan

So much chirping from Spurs fan at the beginning of this page. :lol:

Wonder if Alderweireld extended because none of the big clubs wanted to take a punt on him, especially with the wages he was asking for.

Classic Mourinho at it again, though it seems like the Spurs cycle will be less than 3 yrs.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Pochettino and Mourinho are like the polar opposite in terms of managerial philosophy.

Spurs players are used to attacking under Poch and the contrasting approach with Mourinho is causing dysfunction in their style of play. Once Mourinho gets them more defensive and monotonous, they will get better results. At the moment though, Mourinho isn’t living up to expectations.

It just speaks volume the quality of a manager Pochettino is. One of the best defensive managers in the game is struggling to fix Spurs leaky defensive. Even while stifling their attack which seems to even get more worse.

Did they not get a shot on target again??????????????:nervous::nervous::nervous:

Djemba-Djemba

Spurs looked fecking awful today.

That's at least 3 times already under Mourinho that they've looked hopeless, against Utd , home to Chelsea and today.

Guy Incognito

Who'd have thought Spurs would have a wobble. Lucky that the rest of the top six apart from Liverpool have been crap this season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So much chirping from Spurs fan at the beginning of this page. :lol:

Wonder if Alderweireld extended because none of the big clubs wanted to take a punt on him, especially with the wages he was asking for.

Classic Mourinho at it again, though it seems like the Spurs cycle will be less than 3 yrs.
Alderweireld's extension is looking an awful bit of business now, it's got Jose convincing Levy to give an over 30 player a big new contract all over it. Poch had it spot on to try and move him on

Rajma

Kane been working incredibly and unnecessarily hard under him by covering left backs etc., getting his hamstring done was only a question of time. Such poor management and tactics to have your most important player waste his energy on battles all over the pitch.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Spurs looked awful. I just don’t understand how a manager can become so shite so quickly! He clearly a top coach but just can’t seem to pull himself out of this rut!
I wouldn't exactly call it a quick process. In hindsight the first cracks can probably be traced back to his time at Real. Watching his Chelsea side against Atletico was one of the most clueless and pathetic displays I have ever seen and while a league win is always a great achievement the PL was so bad at during his second Chelsea stint, that a title win doesn't compare to the Guardiola/Klopp race.
Football changed in past ~10 years and he has not adapted.

fergieisold

I wouldn't exactly call it a quick process. In hindsight the first cracks can probably be traced back to his time at Real. Watching his Chelsea side against Atletico was one of the most clueless and pathetic displays I have ever seen and while a league win is always a great achievement the PL was so bad at during his second Chelsea stint, that a title win doesn't compare to the Guardiola/Klopp race.
Football changed in past ~10 years and he has not adapted.
It’s just odd watching his teams. The basic principle of passing between the lines seems lost on him. It’s as if he actively discourages his players not to play forward passes in the middle of the park.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It’s just odd watching his teams. The basic principle of passing between the lines seems lost on him. It’s as if he actively discourages his players not to play forward passes in the middle of the park.
He won't actively discourage his team to play football, but to me he's a negative and reactionary coach and that just isn't enough anymore, as in the past decade teams have vastly improved in terms of pressing and defensive cohesion. And thus it needs at least a bit of positivity.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Did they not get a shot on target again??????????????:nervous::nervous::nervous:
Yes, 5 of them.

Your obsession with Pochettino is surely a clinical concern.

Anyway, on to the normal people...

As a spurs fan it doesn't really concern me too much. Few teams around us have had better form - there seems to be a lower-half revival going on right now. If we'd won every Christmas period game it would serve only to patch up a problematic squad - there's advantages to be had going into the Winter window with a good argument to spend.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Sissoko had surgery on his MCL and is effectively out the rest of the season (expected back in training until April).

With both him and Kane unavailable, they are pretty thin. Not counting fullback/wingback types like Sessegnon and Aurier, they basically have nine first team players for the midfield and attack combined (Son, Moura, Dele, Lamela, Eriksen, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Winks, Dier).

I have long doubted that Eriksen will accept a January transfer anyway but I don't see how they can sell him now. He obviously doesn't play the same role as Sissoko but they are just getting short on bodies in general.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Sissoko had surgery on his MCL and is effectively out the rest of the season (expected back in training until April).

With both him and Kane unavailable, they are pretty thin. Not counting fullback/wingback types like Sessegnon and Aurier, they basically have nine first team players for the midfield and attack combined (Son, Moura, Dele, Lamela, Eriksen, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Winks, Dier).

I have long doubted that Eriksen will accept a January transfer anyway but I don't see how they can sell him now. He obviously doesn't play the same role as Sissoko but they are just getting short on bodies in general.
We have a paper thin squad and we always seem to have numerous long term injuries hitting us every season.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Spurs looked fecking awful today.

That's at least 3 times already under Mourinho that they've looked hopeless, against Utd , home to Chelsea and today.
They have looked fecking awful for months. Hard choice between them and us who has looked worse.

taribhumpu

We have a paper thin squad and we always seem to have numerous long term injuries hitting us every season.
I still have a feeling that mourinho will spoil the party on the weekend and masterclass a 1-0 win over the dippers

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I still have a feeling that mourinho will spoil the party on the weekend and masterclass a 1-0 win over the dippers
It's not beyond Mourinho to pull off a tactical masterclass against Liverpool. He outsmarted Klopp more than once during his time at United, helping to prevent Liverpool from winning the league and saving the world in the process. A true hero.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
He's not gonna stop them winning the league but if he could thwart the unbeaten run (as long as we win against Norwich) with their team being so weakened by injuries, the post match interview would be a sight to behold for the levels of smugness on show.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Spurs are in real trouble, Jose likes a target man and neither Son nor Moura have the strength on the ball required to play that target man role. It's one thing to knock Son or Moura off the ball, it's another thing entirely trying to knock Kane off the ball.

On top of that Spurs have no midfield to speak of, Sissoko gone, Ndombele injured leaves Dier and Winks in midfield. Dier is just not mobile enough and Winks is a good squad player but has his own injury problems and a history of injuries. Aurier is ok going forward but defensively he is not up to scratch and Sessegnon is a kid. Vertonghen, Eriksen, Wanyama, and Rose all on the way out the squad needs big investment and an overhaul.

It's time for Levy to step up to the plate and splash some of that CL cash Spurs have been earning over the past few seasons.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Dunno. Feels like he's not giving Mourinho any credit, that he's automatically going to want to turn Spurs into a sit deep & counter side, while ignoring both the total dumpster fire this team was in the final months of Pochettino and the condition of the team(injuries, players who've switched off, etc)

Need to see what this team will look like once Mou has had time to work with a fully healthy team. Right now most of his choices are kind of forced by circumstance

Amadaeus

Thoughts?
He is correct. Pochettino was a few top class players from winning the league. Pochettino got this Spurs team with a poor defense and midfield into a champions league final. That achievement is one of the most underrated accomplishments in football.

Mourinho has presented a completely different ideology to one of his predecessors. I know Levy wanted someone who could win trophies and is highly respected, but that might have been the wrong approach. he should have gone with a manager with a similar progressive philosophy of pochettino.

I won’t bet against Mourinho on winning a trophy, but it appears to be at the cost of playing attractive football. Mourinho must be thinking, how did Pochettino do so well with this squad :lol:

cyberman

He is correct. Pochettino was a few top class players from winning the league. Pochettino got this Spurs team with a poor defense and midfield into a champions league final. That achievement is one of the most underrated accomplishments in football.

Mourinho has presented a completely different ideology to one of his predecessors. I know Levy wanted someone who could win trophies and is highly respected, but that might have been the wrong approach. he should have gone with a manager with a similar progressive philosophy of pochettino.

I won’t bet against Mourinho on winning a trophy, but it appears to be at the cost of playing attractive football. Mourinho must be thinking, how did Pochettino do so well with this squad :lol:
Poch ran that squad into the ground. Lets not pretend their squad is anywhere near the same level

Amadaeus

Poch ran that squad into the ground. Lets not pretend their squad is anywhere near the same level
I agree, that is why Poch wanted some changes, that Levy refused to give him. Poch player’s performance last season reminded me of Sir Alex players performance during his last season at United.Big changes were needed the next season if they were to remain competitive but Moyes refused to make those changes and Poch was restricted/setback from making those changes. This team is the same as last season team and it is still a surprise how Poch got champions league final and top four with it.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I agree, that is why Poch wanted some changes, that Levy refused to give him. Poch player’s performance last season reminded me of Sir Alex players performance during his last season at United.Big changes were needed the next season if they were to remain competitive but Moyes refused to make those changes and Poch was restricted/setback from making those changes. This team is the same as last season team and it is still a surprise how Poch got champions league final and top four with it.
Poch was finished at the club and had totally lost the players. Jose has come in and has a massive job to do - the squad needs a total change. I think the next 3 or 4 windows are going to be very busy.