2019/20 Rivals - Wolverhampton Wanderers

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Look to be falling into something of a more expected level for them. Last season was brilliant, but perhaps they looked better than they are. They are a very good collective, but they have a lot of average players in their XI who rode a crest of a wave last year.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Think that will be a big point for them in the bigger picture.

Down to 10 men but kept going and got 95th minute goal. Watford at home next so win that and they're on 7 points and suddenly pretty much in mid table given many top half teams have 8 points.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Think that will be a big point for them in the bigger picture.

Down to 10 men but kept going and got 95th minute goal. Watford at home next so win that and they're on 7 points and suddenly pretty much in mid table given many top half teams have 8 points.
Three weeks ago, three wins since.

Also haven't conceded a goal so got back that tough defensive mindset from last season.

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves
10 games unbeaten now come a long way since that dire Chelsea game, in September Played really well today though West Ham were poor. Good to have a clean sheet. 5th in the table - Nuno continues to be the special one!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Amazed your defence has actually improved since Boly broke his leg. Honestly though you'd have big issues there considering his presence and how well he's played last two years.

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves
Amazed your defence has actually improved since Boly broke his leg. Honestly though you'd have big issues there considering his presence and how well he's played last two years.
i would say we missed him on Sunday against Sheffield United but on the whole dendoncker has slotted well into that defensive role boly might struggle to win his place back.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not sure if this is the right thread to post this but Wolves are about to sign Luke Mathewson from Rochdale.
I think he’ll be a bargain for them, loves to get forward (as we know) and I think he’ll fit their system nicely.
I’d have liked to see us go for him if I’m honest, although he’ll probably suit Wolves a bit more.

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves
Not sure if this is the right thread to post this but Wolves are about to sign Luke Mathewson from Rochdale.
I think he’ll be a bargain for them, loves to get forward (as we know) and I think he’ll fit their system nicely.
I’d have liked to see us go for him if I’m honest, although he’ll probably suit Wolves a bit more.
Good signing if it goes through. He’s going to spend the rest of the season at Rochdale.
interesting to see how he gets on. For 1m could be good business

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
About time we started talking about these guys again. I made last season’s thread on them when they came up and asked it anyone saw them as a potential CL club. Not many did then, but they can’t be ignored anymore. Nuno has built a fantastic team.

After Liverpool, they have lost the fewest games in the league all season (And they were robbed against Liverpool themselves for one of those). They are terribly hard to beat.

Raw

I was happy knowing we don't have to face them again this season but then I remembered they're still in the Europa League.

They're just so difficult to play against, especially when it's us. I do like them though, what Nuno has done is incredible.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yeah, they're genuinely a good team and not one of those sides like Burnley/Sheffield who look great for a season and then dip down into mediocrity again. I think what highlights that most is when we played them at the start of the season they looked pretty poor but they've turned it around in the latter half and looked fantastic again. They're well drilled tactically that helps players like Coady look a level above what they probably are and they have someone like Jiminez in his prime and Traore beginning his rise to that peak.

Yeah, they're genuinely a good team and not one of those sides like Burnley/Sheffield who look great for a season and then dip down into mediocrity again. I think what highlights that most is when we played them at the start of the season they looked pretty poor but they've turned it around in the latter half and looked fantastic again. They're well drilled tactically that helps players like Coady look a level above what they probably are and they have someone like Jiminez in his prime and Traore beginning his rise to that peak.
To be fair, we have no idea if Sheffield will dip into mediocrity next season. I feel like lumping them in with Burnley is extremely unfair, they have a pretty clear tactical scheme beyond just booting it to two big strikers. Wolves are a level above though, simply because their players have far more cutting edge and ability to create something out of nothing aside from their excellent setup.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
To be fair, we have no idea if Sheffield will dip into mediocrity next season. I feel like lumping them in with Burnley is extremely unfair, they have a pretty clear tactical scheme beyond just booting it to two big strikers. Wolves are a level above though, simply because their players have far more cutting edge and ability to create something out of nothing aside from their excellent setup.
Yeah, bit harsh, but that's my own opinion from what I've seen of SU. I think their whole season has been built on momentum as much as their style working. I know Wilder has done a fantastic job but I think what Nuno is doing and has done is more sustainable and is genuine quality.

siw2007

Wolves are a local team for me, so I obviously here a lot of their optimism. Tbf they deserve it, they have been brilliant this year, they have a core of talented players but are exceptionally well organised and drilled in what they do. They have a really good shot at getting champions league football through 4th place but on top of that I really don't want to play them in the EL. In fact I would like to see them play Inter as they both play with a similar set up.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Yeah, bit harsh, but that's my own opinion from what I've seen of SU. I think their whole season has been built on momentum as much as their style working. I know Wilder has done a fantastic job but I think what Nuno is doing and has done is more sustainable and is genuine quality.
To be fair to wilder, Nuno has had the contacts and financial backing to bring in players well above what will be available to him.

They have spent money on very good footballers too.