Arsenal - Loss 2-0
Liverpool - Loss 3-1
Chelsea - Win 2-0
City - Win 2-0

Total - 7W - 3L - 2D
Points 20/30
Lost on Agg in cup - 3-2

Win % - 58.33

Could quite easily have been 7 wins as well considering we out performed all but Liverpool and even then we were quite good when chasing a result before reverting to defensive mode in attempt to consolidate the win.

For a team that has been as poor as we have, a depleted squad and lack of attacking talent at the manager's disposal, you can't fault those results. Ole has come under heavy scrutiny against lesser opposition, but deserves respect for how we play against the better sides.

People will say its easier to play counter attacking football, but as we have learnt today, it takes a great deal of concentration and discipline, especially when you're giving better sides with better players more time on the ball.

Last edited:

RedWat

Sadly we seem to have now the status and mind set of a mid table team, and the saying of “anything you get from the top teams is a bonus “ what matters are getting points from those around us which at the moment are Newcastle, West Ham, Crystal Palace and Wolves where we have lost 3 and drew 1. We seem to raise our game against the top teams in particular yesterday which in spells was our best offensive play this season. But it is no good raising our game against Liverpool and then falling flat against Norwich let’s see how it goes next week.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
This is our record in post-SAF time against the actual top 6 for comparison. I also put the record vs the rest of the league in less detail if people wanted to compare to this season

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I was saying the same thing before the match. Everyone was predicting that we would get our asses kicked and I was quick to point out that we aren't struggling against teams that want to come and play. We are struggling against teams who like to sit deep and obsorb pressure. I had us winning today. Too bad we blew it. We should have won...

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
This is our record in post-SAF time against the actual top 6 for comparison. I also put the record vs the rest of the league in less detail if people wanted to compare to this season

The Moyes stat is the one that's telling.

Ole would have had us in the top four if he'd had the squad that Moyes had inherited. All that squad needed was a bit more midfield and it was easily good enough for top 4.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
We are becoming one of those mid-table team who are always tough against the top 6, hence what they called “the gaming raising cnut”.

Lentwood

It’s got nothing to do with us raising our game.

Put simply, we’ve controlled every game we’ve played this season, bar maybe West Ham, and haven’t been able to create/take our chances because we don’t have a proper #10 or a proper #9

If we can bring in two quality players in these positions next year to address this we should be comfortably a top four side again

prateik

Tactically inept manager keeps getting lucky apparently..

The lack of squad depth is really hurting us against the weaker sides.. Also, not having a flat track bully hurts too. We need reinforcements. Woody has left another manager hanging.. Do your fecking job.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Tactically inept manager keeps getting lucky apparently..

The lack of squad depth is really hurting us against the weaker sides.. Also, not having a flat track bully hurts too. We need reinforcements. Woody has left another manager hanging.. Do your fecking job.
He isn't getting lucky.
We are in 14th place and can't score more than 1 goal per game!

Web of Bissaka

I'm not worried when we're facing the big boys, usually it's fun.

It's the majority of the games vs supposedly fodders or weaker teams supposedly where for some reasons our team and manager just don't know what to do and not giving it their all.