2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup 23rd May - 15th June

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Barco has scored goal of the tournament already. Outstanding technique. He's good enough to be with the first team squad.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
After every team played their first match there is already a trend here. No CONMEBOL team lost their game, and the teams who reached the last four from the last under 19 Euros also won.

Honestly the next Portugal vs Argentina will already show the real level of both teams at this moment of course.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Japan completely outplayed Mexico. And Ecuador mostly outplayed Italy but, they completely lost their heads. Had a man sent off, missed a penalty and have committed stupid fouls all match.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Japan completely outplayed Mexico. And Ecuador mostly outplayed Italy but, they completely lost their heads. Had a man sent off, missed a penalty and have committed stupid fouls all match.
I missed the first 60 but last 30 ecuador were excellent. It looked as if Italy were the team playing with 10.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Missed entirely my prediction regarding Mexico. Regarding Italy playing well or no the point is without Tonali, Kean or Zaniolo they have 6 points. Senegal has to be taken seriously, while Japan so far has been the best team from Asia. Quite open tournament so far.

Kalela

Supports
Arsenal
I was really impressed by Uruguay's CM Francisco Ginella in their first game. His reading of the game is top notch. I can see him in Europe in the near future.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Great stuff played by the USA. I have to watch a couple of games here on RTP play later, mainly Argentina, Uruguay or Portugal, but certainly a very open competition.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Saw it live. He was quite good. Very highly rated Argentina youth player in MLS. Odd.
It's the new thing. SA players are using MLS as a stepping stone to Europe. It makes quite a lot of sense really. Almiron was one of the first to do it, he turned down European sides to sign for Atlanta. Good opportunity to learn English, get a good wage as a DP and play in a competitive league.

Hoof the ball

It's the new thing. SA players are using MLS as a stepping stone to Europe. It makes quite a lot of sense really. Almiron was one of the first to do it, he turned down European sides to sign for Atlanta. Good opportunity to learn English, get a good wage as a DP and play in a competitive league.
Looking at the USA squad, the Bundesliga has a ridiculous amount of USA youth players! We're missing out on some great talent. Bayern are swooping them up.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Looking at the USA squad, the Bundesliga has a ridiculous amount of USA youth players! We're missing out on some great talent. Bayern are swooping them up.
The Work Permit rules in England and the non EU limits in other leagues mean top American prospects will start their European careers in Germany and maybe Holland.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

15 minutes in and it's been a very good game so far.

Don't know how to make the image smaller, sorry.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Barco looks a special talent from what I've seen so far. But hard to gauge at these tournaments.

IFC 1905

Barco looks a special talent from what I've seen so far. But hard to gauge at these tournaments.
Barco came up from my Club, he has the best conditions to be a wordlclass player. He's played a final vs a Brazilian team at the Maracana stadium and he toyed them in 2017 with 17 yo.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Clearly offside goal from a nonexistant foul... with VAR and it gets given.

2-0 Argentina.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Clearly offside goal from a nonexistant foul... with VAR and it gets given.

2-0 Argentina.
Was not a foul but the final replay seemed to show there was no touch so goal was not offside.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Was not a foul but the final replay seemed to show there was no touch so goal was not offside.
He tried to play the ball, doesn't matter that he didn't touch the ball. The first player headed it, the second player was offside.

Not that it matters, with this finishing we'd never score a goal anyway.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
He tried to play the ball, doesn't matter that he didn't touch the ball. The first player headed it, the second player was offside.
Not convinced the guy did head the ball. Looked like he missed it on that final reply.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Barco is the clear standout for Argentina.

If we go through in second we play the winner from the France group, right?

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
You been watching? Any player(s) standing out?
Only bits here and there in the second half so not really. Jota was lively, most attacks going through him so that's encouraging. This Anibal Moreno had a nice run and also hit the post with a thundercnut of a strike. Vinagre more involved than Dalot.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Not convinced the guy did head the ball. Looked like he missed it on that final reply.
I'm pretty sure he did, it was a slight touch but you could tell the ball changed spin. The goal was given to him.

I'm guessing VAR officials said he didn't influence ball or goalie?
This seems more likely to be their reasoning. Which I don't agree with but can see why they'd call it like that.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
I'm pretty sure he did, it was a slight touch but you could tell the ball changed spin. The goal was given to
Goal was officially given to Perez, captain number 2 who was at the back post.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
I was impressed with the two Diogo CBs, Florentino and Jota. The rest were average. Gedson and Miguel Luis are nothing special, the team misses Quina.

Dalot always used to look like a clear standout in this team but that's not the case anymore.

Goal was officially given to Perez, captain number 2 who was at the back post.
Oh my bad. That's even worse though :lol: