2019 NFL Fantasy League

What is the best time to hold the draft?

• Total voters

Sandyman

OK, will look to see how to set up the league tonight.

Looks like we have only 1 weekend to go. Which suits you all? 31-Aug or 01-Sep?

Understand this is Labour day weekend, but still.....
When Eboue decided that he was not doing a league this year, I began setting up a league to see how it worked. But got busy after that.
We can use that if that makes it easier.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I know it needs to be done this weekend but I'm extremely busy since I'm moving places at the time. Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday night next week not an option probably?

Sat 31st after 4pm UK time would probably work for me - otherwise Sun 1st in the afternoon as well, but Sunday night (or at least between 6pm - 9:30pm UK time) is an absolute no go for me unfortunately.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Ok so I have no idea who any of these players are but here are my draft results for NFL draft game I have with some pals (who know what they are doing) - please let me know how rubbish it is:

QB: C. Newton
RB: L Fourtette, A. Jones, C. Hyde, I. Smith
WR: C. Davis, L. Fitzgerald, A. Brown, K Coutee, D. Metcalf
TE: J. Reed, T. Hockenson
K: D. Hopkins
Def: Patriots

Honestly have no clue who or what these guys are.

GloryHunter07

Ok so I have no idea who any of these players are but here are my draft results for NFL draft game I have with some pals (who know what they are doing) - please let me know how rubbish it is:

That team sucks, sorry.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Who the feck was your first round pick? :lol:

Newton will probably be fine if his shoulder holds up and his foot injury doesn't limit him too much. Whether it was a good pick depends on where you picked him, I'd say anywhere after Round 8 or so is probably fine.

Fournette and Jones have a ton of upside, could be league winners but the former is injury prone and the latter could be in a timeshare. Hyde is likely to get cut by the Chiefs - if Darwin Thompson (or Justice Hill / Tony Pollard / Justin Jackson) is available, pick them up instead of Hyde (and I'd say Ito Smith as well) before the start of the season. Unless you've got a super deep league, one of those should be available.

Your WR corps is pretty bad, in all honesty. Corey Davis is tied to Mariota and in a dreadful offense, Fitzgerald could be useful but doesn't have any upside left, Coutee and Metcalf are currently injured, ... You don't need two TEs either, but you drafted one that's injured most of the time (currently concussed) and a rookie TE who tend to be irrelevant for fantasy purposes... A kicker doesn't matter much and the Pats D can be useful throughout the season if you don't want to stream, but there are probably better D/STs available right now (Dallas, Cleveland or Bills are a pretty good bet to start the season strong).

All in all, I'd say that's a pretty terrible draft if I'm being honest. Aaron Jones could hopefully be the lone bright spot of your team. Just enjoy it how it comes and cheer for your players.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Who the feck was your first round pick? :lol:

Newton will probably be fine if his shoulder holds up and his foot injury doesn't limit him too much. Whether it was a good pick depends on where you picked him, I'd say anywhere after Round 8 or so is probably fine.

Fournette and Jones have a ton of upside, could be league winners but the former is injury prone and the latter could be in a timeshare. Hyde is likely to get cut by the Chiefs - if Darwin Thompson (or Justice Hill / Tony Pollard / Justin Jackson) is available, pick them up instead of Hyde (and I'd say Ito Smith as well) before the start of the season. Unless you've got a super deep league, one of those should be available.

Your WR corps is pretty bad, in all honesty. Corey Davis is tied to Mariota and in a dreadful offense, Fitzgerald could be useful but doesn't have any upside left, Coutee and Metcalf are currently injured, ... You don't need two TEs either, but you drafted one that's injured most of the time (currently concussed) and a rookie TE who tend to be irrelevant for fantasy purposes... A kicker doesn't matter much and the Pats D can be useful throughout the season if you don't want to stream, but there are probably better D/STs available right now (Dallas, Cleveland or Bills are a pretty good bet to start the season strong).

All in all, I'd say that's a pretty terrible draft if I'm being honest. Aaron Jones could hopefully be the lone bright spot of your team. Just enjoy it how it comes and cheer for your players.
Good god ok so it's worse than I thought!

Ok so Darwin Thompson is free so I'll see if I can swap him in as suggested - any tips on WR or TE? Can I swap as many as I want before the season starts?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Good god ok so it's worse than I thought!

Ok so Darwin Thompson is free so I'll see if I can swap him in as suggested - any tips on WR or TE? Can I swap as many as I want before the season starts?
Yes, but make sure they're listed as FA and are not on the waiver wire ("W") because that could affect your waiver position.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Yes, but make sure they're listed as FA and are not on the waiver wire ("W") because that could affect your waiver position.
Ok thanks - totally new to all this - I dropped Hyde and got Darwin Thompson. Also just dropped Smith and recruited J. Hill.

Last edited:

Sandyman

Alright so when should we hold the draft? I see conflict no matter when we schedule.