2020 Redcafe NFL Fantasy League

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Alright looks like no one else is switching leagues. So, we move on to the draft.

@Damien @Carolina Red Could one of you please randomize the following lists for us? There are 2 different lists. Cheers!

AFC League
EAP
Backofthenet
Rado_N
okLaptop1
JPRouve
Hephaestus
JP77
Mighty Boosh
RussellWilson
KeyserSoze
RobinLFC
Utdfrom2002

NFC League
Jagga7
RDCR07
Freeurmind
Entropy
RobinLFC
Backofthenet
Rado_N
okLaptop1
Utdfrom2002
JJ12
AFC
  1. Utdfrom2002
  2. Backofthenet
  3. Rado_N
  4. EAP
  5. RobinLFC
  6. JP77
  7. Hephaestus
  8. Mighty Boosh
  9. okLaptop1
  10. RussellWilson
  11. KeyserSoze
  12. JPRouve
NFC
  1. Jagga7
  2. JJ12
  3. RDCR07
  4. Freeurmind
  5. okLaptop1
  6. Backofthenet
  7. Entropy
  8. RobinLFC
  9. Rado_N
  10. Utdfrom2002

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
@Damien I challenge that lottery draft!

*Throws a red flag in an empty*

Carolina Red

Staff
Alright looks like no one else is switching leagues. So, we move on to the draft.

@Damien @Carolina Red Could one of you please randomize the following lists for us? There are 2 different lists. Cheers!

AFC League
EAP
Backofthenet
Rado_N
okLaptop1
JPRouve
Hephaestus
JP77
Mighty Boosh
RussellWilson
KeyserSoze
RobinLFC
Utdfrom2002

NFC League
Jagga7
RDCR07
Freeurmind
Entropy
RobinLFC
Backofthenet
Rado_N
okLaptop1
Utdfrom2002
JJ12
[edit]

Sandyman

Whoops - looks like @Damien beat me to it
Ha! Same as last year I guess :) How are you mate? I know you didn't join the drafts last time as you were busy with coaching your school team, but that's cancelled this year right? You want to join the draft?

Draft orders

Sandyman

Also, looks like I used an older list for the draft - @RussellWilson and @entropy had switched so just swapped them in the actual draft. I hope that's alright and we don't need to do another randomizer list!

So, the actual draft looks like this:

AFC 12 man League - Draft goes LIVE on Tuesday, 25th August, 2020 at 20:00 GMT
  1. Utdfrom2002
  2. Backofthenet
  3. Rado_N
  4. EAP
  5. RobinLFC
  6. JP77
  7. Hephaestus
  8. Mighty Boosh
  9. okLaptop1
  10. entropy
  11. KeyserSoze
  12. JPRouve

NFC 10 man League - Draft goes LIVE on Tuesday, 1st September, 2020 at 20:00 GMT
  1. Jagga7
  2. JJ12
  3. RDCR07
  4. Freeurmind
  5. okLaptop1
  6. Backofthenet
  7. RussellWilson
  8. RobinLFC
  9. Rado_N
  10. Utdfrom2002
Have updated the league settings as well - Please review and confirm if it's correct!

@RobinLFC please threadmark this post and update the title accordingly! Cheers!

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
@RobinLFC wanna trade picks? I’d rather be 8 than 3.
Hmmm interesting. Didn't think people would trade picks as this was not a Dynasty draft. Will enable it in the leagues if people are interested in doing that.
I was just kidding tbh, trading picks usually isn’t allowed in redraft leagues so I wouldn’t enable it.

Anyway I’m not gonna change since I’m very happy with both my positions guys!

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Already hate what I'm usually left with in the 4th and 5th round. Too early to reach for your guys but too late to draft bona fide superstars, yikes.

Sandyman

Almost draft day!

Does it feel like we are drafting a bit early? The season is still 2 weeks away and COVID could change things quickly.

All those false positive COVID tests though :lol:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Does it feel like we are drafting a bit early? The season is still 2 weeks away and COVID could change things quickly.
Maybe tomorrow yeah, but it's a bank holiday weekend in the UK next weekend so people were unable to draft then, and I don't like HAVING to do it the last weekend or days before the season starts because there's always people that have other things going on then...

Have a feeling that a good, deep bench is super important this year with Covid.

How much time do we get to pick a player? 45 sec? 1 min?
Can be customized by @Utdfrom2002 in principle. I think 45" would suffice but if people are more comfortable with 60" that's also fine by me. 90" is definitely too much.

Sandyman

I usually prefer 60 seconds but IIRC we had a discussion last year and most wanted 90 so left it as 90 this time too. It feel it will move fast with only delays being seen in the deeper rounds.

T -10 Hours!

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I usually prefer 60 seconds but IIRC we had a discussion last year and most wanted 90 so left it as 90 this time too. It feel it will move fast with only delays being seen in the deeper rounds.

T -10 Hours!
Alright, fair enough then. My reasoning is that either you know which deep sleepers you wanna pick and don't need that amount of time, or you don't know it at all and you won't be able to do enough research in that time frame anyway.

Draft dayyyy :devil: My first official draft this season, can't wait.

Sandyman

Alright, fair enough then. My reasoning is that either you know which deep sleepers you wanna pick and don't need that amount of time, or you don't know it at all and you won't be able to do enough research in that time frame anyway.
No amount of research can prepare you for the panic that sets in if a couple of your targets move off the board :lol:

Think last year's draft was pretty quick and got over in 1.5 hours - everyone had their lists and it moved pretty fast. Hopefully it's the same today.

Draft dayyyy :devil: My first official draft this season, can't wait.
Am so unprepared :lol: and hate picking first!

Neo_Mufc

I've got 8th pick (/10) in my private draft league. We are doing a superflex so I can nab 2 good players in 1st and 2nd pick early. Any advice? Thanks.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
By the way how many leagues do you guys join usually? I've never had more than two teams, but I'll probably up that this time.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
By the way how many leagues do you guys join usually? I've never had more than two teams, but I'll probably up that this time.
I’m in quite a few.

- Home league with close friends which has been running since 2015, which is the most important one to me. I guess 8 die hard fans and 4 more casual ones.
- A 16-team dynasty league since last season
- 2 RedCafe leagues
- One Best Ball league but that’s basically just draft and forget about it
- One rookie league with 3 others
- One “fun” league with 2QB, TE premium, adjusted scorings, more FLEX spots and deeper benches, points for kick and punt returns, ...

So that makes 7 for 2020. I try not to differentiate TOO much when drafting because then you get into a situation where every TD is good and bad for you in one league or another.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I've got 8th pick (/10) in my private draft league. We are doing a superflex so I can nab 2 good players in 1st and 2nd pick early. Any advice? Thanks.
One of Henry or Helaire WILL be available. Pick one of them and depending on when your third and fourth picks you could go with two RBs if it is PPR if not I would take one RB and Adams as your WR.

Sandyman

Ouch, and that with McCaffrey's undisclosed lower body injury just yesterday... Sucks!
That usually happens after I draft someone!

Just pick a QB and you'll be fine.
I was thinking of being "THAT" guy this time around and make unpredictable picks - at least I'll have a reason when it all goes tits up

Just wanted to check. This is 9pm current UK time tonight isn't it?
Yes!

Anyone in doubt because of time zones, just check your app - there should be a timer counting down.

T -7 HOURS!!

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
The feck, for some reason I thought London was always on GMT and I had this scheduled at 9pm local time here when it's actually 10pm :lol:

Sandyman

I used GMT to avoid confusion FFS :lol:

Like I said, just open the app to make sure. @RobinLFC please update the title as well that it's 20:00 GMT

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
My plan was to spend a few hours research this evening but I’m still finishing up work :mad:

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Good morning everyone! (7:30 AM right now in NZ)

Still in lockdown here, so I can go back to sleep after this draft baby.